1. Water
    IGN: Dragon4meII
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 211
    Job: Kaiser
    Guild: Contagious
    Alliance: PityDaFool

Default Satanic Statue Almost ready for OK Capitol

This one should be a very interesting battle to ensue. Right now the state is in a court battle to keep the Ten Commandments statue up outside the capitol. If they when then how can they turn down the Satanic one. Oh yes quite the sticky wicket.

http://www.vice.com/read/heres-the-f...mas-statehouse

2. I post a lot Bi Male
    IGN: ZesseiBijin
    Level: 204
    Job: Kanna
    Guild: NEST
    Farm: Razmosia
    uk

Default Re: Satanic Statue Almost ready for OK Capitol

lol, I find this funny.
    If certain religions can have whatever religious symbols they want all over the place, what's stopping other religions from doing the same, they are all subject to the same laws.

Someone in the comments summed it up in a cool way:
    Spoiler

3. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    usa

This made me lol harder than expected

4. Trump minus th money
    IGN: xparasite9
    Server: Windia
    Level: 250
    Job: I/L Archmage
    Guild: Aerial
    Alliance: N/A

What makes you think this is any noteworthy thing though

As long as they are doing this with true intentions and not just "IRL trolling" then let them have at it. This is America after all.

now that I have actually read the article I'm starting to question the motives...

5. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

seems to be a bit of both really. they ARE a satanist cult from what i gather

6. the Immutable Neuter
    IGN: Stephen
    Server: U.S.A.
    Level: 25
    Job: Sailor
    Guild: USN
    Alliance: VAQ-141 Shadowhawks
    ireland

If Scientology can call itself a church (even though France calls them a cult), then Satanists can say they're a church.
    From my understanding, it's all about seperation of church and state, and freedom of religious expression. I wish I could see how this unfolds, but I'll wait til it pops up in international headlines.

7. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

well, i meant that, cult, church, group, the point is that this is an actual group that does revere satan, rather than a bunch of guys who only thought it'd be nice to mess with the government/protest about the separation between church and state.

for them, they can only win this, either they get the 10 commands out, or they get the devil in, if neither, they get the attention and the smart (aka not-zealous) people will understand why they tried what they tried.

8. Default Re: Satanic Statue Almost ready for OK Capitol

How could they turn this down? It looks way better than any slab with words.

9. Water

Why I find this noteworthy is the fact that, the group who is fighting the ACLU right now on keeping up the TEN COMMANDMENTS statue is also fighting for the right to have the Satanic statue up. I am sure this has caused several of those people much stress and grief. While I do not think they will beat the ACLU, it will be interesting to see if they do win how open armly they will welcome the new statue or if they will fight to have it kept off the grounds.

Personally I do not care either way. While I am not religious, I do find the Ten Commandments just a good set of rules to live by for everyone. The other side wanting to put up a Satanic statue confronts me in now way.

10. I post a lot Bi Male
    IGN: ZesseiBijin
    Job: Kanna
    Guild: NEST
    Farm: Razmosia
    uk

It definitely seems like an expression of religious freedom to me, and it shines a spotlight on the hold Christianity has on America.

If the commandments statue gets to stay, but the satanist statue doesn't, it would show how hypocritical the whole religious freedom thing is, since it seems that Christians have the most freedom when it comes to expression. Whatever happens, it will be very interesting to see.

11. Default Re: Satanic Statue Almost ready for OK Capitol

This statue won't be erected, and the other statue will remain. We all know it, however pineappleed up it may be.

12. Default Re: Satanic Statue Almost ready for OK Capitol

Recently I saw a video of a politician? saying that first amendment was only for christians. We all know they're hypocrites.

13. Nuclear testing facility Straight Male
    IGN: VerrKol
    Server: Zenith
    Job: Bowmaster
    Guild: LegacyReborn
    Farm: Kolville
    usa

You know the difference between a religion and a cult? Size.

I thought the statue was surprisingly attractive. I don't really care for the "adoring" children, but Baphomet himself is lookin' good.

14. Trump minus th money
    IGN: xparasite9
    Server: Windia
    Level: 250
    Job: I/L Archmage
    Guild: Aerial
    Alliance: N/A

"cult" has only recently amassed the negative connotations that are causing you to cry foul on its use.

oh nooo ONE GUY of dubious existence and unrelated qualifications said some thing in some unknown context! clearly this must be representative of all people he claims to be allied with, in every situation!

15. Default Re: Satanic Statue Almost ready for OK Capitol

This is probably the most metal story in the history of America.

Also AFIAK most "satanists" actually don't believe in Satan. Look up Chaos Gnosticism, that's the real deal.

I found them hilarious.

"Now kids sit on Baphomet's lap and tell him what Slayer album you want!"

16. the Immutable Neuter
    IGN: Stephen
    Server: U.S.A.
    Level: 25
    Job: Sailor
    Guild: USN
    Alliance: VAQ-141 Shadowhawks
    ireland

Christianity was once a cult. The roman theological system could also be called a cult. Sects of islam can be a cult.
    Whether or not is has a negative connotation, that is how the scientologist movement is referred to here in the states vice in france. Sure is has a lot of negatives to it from lookers-on, but like with everything there is bound to be some good from it. s'all about perspective.

"Dear Satan, for my midsummers eve I'd like a statuette of Ozzy eating the head of a bat, and a life-size poster of Cliff Burton."

17. Water

Here is where I found the story to begin with but backtracked the story to what may be seen as a more reliable source even thought it is the same story.
    http://www.metalinjection.net/latest...-state-capitol

18. Default Re: Satanic Statue Almost ready for OK Capitol

Vital Remains' vocalist spearheaded this? This keeps getting better and better!

19. Default Re: Satanic Statue Almost ready for OK Capitol

How many examples do you want? "United states was founded on Christianity", "The reason everything is running amuck is because god was taken out of school", and so on?

WATER BOARDING IS BAPTISING TERRORISTS.

20. Water

I love that newest Sarah Palin quote. I really wonder if she is not a liberal democrat who infiltrated the conservative republican party and is damaging it from the inside.