1. Neutron Straight Male
    IGN: LegitLance
    Server: Renegades
    Level: 228
    Job: Dark Knight
    Guild: Solitude
    Alliance: FISH
    usa

Default What do you guys miss most in maple? (Not a nostalgia thread i swear)

NOT A NOSTALGIA THREAD (not really anyway)

What events, or things do u guys miss and wish nexon would bring back? Not talking about smaller maps, or the nostalgia feel and all that. I mean like actual events, games, or things you would want back in the game?

Personally, I would love for the Sidekick System to come back... that **** was awesome lol. Even if it was just for an event. For those of you that do not know what it is, watch this video

He explained in the info what the sidekick is, ill copy and paste it here.

Spoiler

This was too OP and got removed of course, some people are glad I guess. I feel like it'd be awesome for all these link mules now though

So yeah, what else did Nexon put into the game, for even just a short while that you would like to see get brought back? Just curious.

2. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Default Re: What do you guys miss most in maple? (Not a nostalgia thread i swear)

Family system. As it was at its peak, with full-power buffs, and party buffs.

3. Default Re: What do you guys miss most in maple? (Not a nostalgia thread i swear)

Carnival PQ was pretty cool back then.

4. Neon Atom Male
    IGN: TidusAiYuna
    Server: BelloNova
    Level: 204
    Job: Drk
    Guild: Minah<3
    Alliance: Tiffany<3
    Farm: Hyuna<3
    australia

Default Re: What do you guys miss most in maple? (Not a nostalgia thread i swear)

kpq lpq

5. Default Re: What do you guys miss most in maple? (Not a nostalgia thread i swear)

Class diversity, or at least the illusion that there was such a thing.

6. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    IGN: Musiphe
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 277
    Guild: Epic
    Alliance: Fatal
    Colorado

Competitive events such as Bounty Hunter and/or original Artifact Hunt.

Original / Old PvP.

7. Default Re: What do you guys miss most in maple? (Not a nostalgia thread i swear)

I miss sidekick so much. That was the best, it let me help my friends get started.

8. Default Re: What do you guys miss most in maple? (Not a nostalgia thread i swear)

Really? sidekick? with all the leeching issues this game has had you want something like that back to be exploited?

On Topic: Amoria Party Quest: It was one of the best money sources and fairest IMO, considering the dificulty/reward ratio which kept the prices stably high for a long time. It was the constant glitches in the party quest that would render it useless for months aswell as hackers/dupers screwing the economy that eventually made the effort required not worth the time.

9. Neutron Straight Male
    IGN: LegitLance
    Server: Renegades
    Level: 228
    Job: Dark Knight
    Guild: Solitude
    Alliance: FISH
    usa

Everything in this game has its exploits. Sidekick was a good way to help your friends level their chars, especially since 30-70 straight up sucks. I level faster at like 11x and 16x then at 50/60. Plus, with all the link skills we have out, grinding up those characters gets repitive. It'd be cool to have a way for your friends help you out, or you help them out rather than make a char, go to golems, go to CDs, go to sand rats, go to roids, go to MPE like 15 times. Plus not necessarily the exact same system, it'd be cool if they tweaked it a little bit.

10. Default Re: What do you guys miss most in maple? (Not a nostalgia thread i swear)

I miss party-questing with a bunch of people. :/

11. Default Re: What do you guys miss most in maple? (Not a nostalgia thread i swear)

The first version of PvP. Sure, it had its problems, but Potential had zero power there.

12. Default Re: What do you guys miss most in maple? (Not a nostalgia thread i swear)

Sidekick system was pineappleing stupid. I don't want more things that prevent me from playing the game. Why is it a good idea that levels 30-70 should be skipped entirely? Bring back Carnival PQ, or something fun to do to make those levels enjoyable. Rushing to level 200/above is pointless if there isn't anything to do when you get there.

13. Default Re: What do you guys miss most in maple? (Not a nostalgia thread i swear)

I would enjoy playing ludi maze pq again

14. Default Re: What do you guys miss most in maple? (Not a nostalgia thread i swear)

The fun.

If that's not an acceptable answer, then the fact that +1 of a stat used to mean something and everything wasn't measured in added percentages higher than 100 (on equipment, obviously). The game was simply more enjoyable (for me) when it wasn't a pure numbers game.

15. Default Re: What do you guys miss most in maple? (Not a nostalgia thread i swear)

I miss 20% clean slates...

16. Default Re: What do you guys miss most in maple? (Not a nostalgia thread i swear)

I miss training parties at Newties. But mostly because of how people were... not because of the game.
    To me it's the same as when I miss being in highschool and having lots of friends in msn to speak to.

17. Default Re: What do you guys miss most in maple? (Not a nostalgia thread i swear)

I miss the old Vipers, after the last update before Big Bang (around v75 of GMS, I think). They gutted Vipers so hard... @_@

But now, after I've quit MapleStory entirely, I just miss my Hayato and all of those fun times hanging out and talking with my Japanese friends. If anything, those two years were the major highlight of my JMS career (mid 2009 to early 2011, I think), going on Future Tokyo boss runs nearly daily, going on Horntail runs for the very first time, etc.

18. Default Re: What do you guys miss most in maple? (Not a nostalgia thread i swear)

I miss the journey.

Yes the stories on maple are much more deep, much more fleshed out, and that's great. However all the classes seem the same, you get max speed/jump/fj all in the first job. There's no growth, no unique way to train, almost every class released from KMS, is getting the AOE skill and 1hko as fast as possible so you can focus on boss skills.

Back even at big bang, some classes weren't gifted with immediate mob skills and they had to train at other maps to flesh out their strengths over their weakness', I remember when accuracy meant something and had some form of value to it.

Each class back then, had specific maps they did really well in, it added a journey unique to your character, rather than the mass produced level 150 characters who's only purpose is to down bosses as efficiently as possible.

19. Default Re: What do you guys miss most in maple? (Not a nostalgia thread i swear)

EDIT: Meh, there's already a thread I missed.

20. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

People, please let's get this back to specific features rather than yet another "potential ruined Maple" thread.