Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Default Re: What do you guys miss most in maple? (Not a nostalgia thread i swear)

The only problem I see with this is that the community is to blame for it, at least partially if not entirely. The best example I can think of was Bowmasters vs Marksmen. Bowmasters wouldn't stop crying about how training sucked for them and Marksmen about how no one wanted them for bossing. For a pair of jobs that already shared a lot of skills Nexon had no other choice than to buff them so they'd have the same efectiveness. Another example would be Palladins vs the other 2, despite Pallies being the most endurable warriors they kept complaining about heroes hitting harder, and when they were buffed it was DrK complaining for being left behind. Everytime a job has had some pros and cons the comunity complained about it and demanded they were leveled up. And also Nexon's stupid idea of making every new job excel in all areas, above the already existing ones only helped to make the situation worse.

2. Default Re: What do you guys miss most in maple? (Not a nostalgia thread i swear)

I miss the expansiveness of old Victoria Island. Back when you could have races around the island.

I miss hunting for snowboards. The drop rate was so low that it took hours to get them. The same goes for the first anniversary weapons, only certain mobs dropped certain weapons. Everyone trained on wild boars back then so maple claws and scorpios were never in short supply!

3. Default Re: What do you guys miss most in maple? (Not a nostalgia thread i swear)

The biggest problem about this is that yeah, it does suck when your job is really powerful at bosses but takes forever to get there and another is really good at training but much worse at bosses. It's a legitimate complaint that the character you sunk 100 hours or more into just isn't effective at the endgame content. 'Ability to level at a decent pace' and 'Ability to be useful at bosses' shouldn't be what's different between classes since those are fun things that everyone should be able to do roughly equally. The problem is when people complained about those things, instead of realizing that their system was broken and they needed to make more effective ways to train as a DPS class and more ways to be effective at bosses without huge damage output, they changed classes so they all worked in the one way they had to make training faster and the one way they had to be effective at bosses.

LHC was a great solution to the training problem - fewer, much higher power mobs that both single target and multitarget classes could excel at. Unfortunately the boss situation is much harder to fix. The problem is there's really only two types of roles at most bosses that excel - DPS classes and support classes that almost entirely exist just to buff DPS classes. There's no way to draw aggro (which would make paladins much better) and most debuffs don't work on bosses. Fixing that would probably make bosses a lot more fun, but overhauling that system would probably take a whole bunch of design work and programming work and there's no real way to monetize that like you can a new class.

4. AFK at Ch 18 Leafre Straight Male
    Nion's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: GreenTeaSip
    Server: Scania
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Symbolism
    Alliance: Lore
    Farm: Symbolism
    California

Default Re: What do you guys miss most in maple? (Not a nostalgia thread i swear)

Permanent NX sale.
    They had it for like a long time until they took it out.

5. Default Re: What do you guys miss most in maple? (Not a nostalgia thread i swear)

I miss the old map designs. Like Zelkova said the old Victoria in particular. I liked how you could travel in a circle and end up where you started rather than the new star shaped design with the central hub. It felt more like a proper Island before. Like if you walked to Perion from Ellina you had to travel upwards through the maps and it made sense since Perion is in the mountains. I liked all the proper hidden streets there were too like Pig Beach and the like as well as the interesting things they added like the Iron Hog as a danger to low level players or the annoying Jr. Boogies in the Wild Boar map. They don't really do anything like that anymore. It's just by the book flat maps where you travel left to right, too linear.

6. Default Re: What do you guys miss most in maple? (Not a nostalgia thread i swear)

Or when you actually got to choose the decorative nx gear you got, rather than it coming randomly from a pineappleing box.

7. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Default What do you guys miss most in maple? (Not a nostalgia thread i swear)

1) CPQ. So much fun.
    2) Hunters luck event.
    3) Permanent hyper tele rock sale.

8. Default Re: What do you guys miss most in maple? (Not a nostalgia thread i swear)

I agree with this, but I think a good compromise would be to make each spoke of the wheel end at a beach and then make a large beach ring around the island. There's definitely got to be some design potential in that.

9. Helium Atom Straight Male
    IGN: Combobro
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 230
    Job: Aran
    Guild: SolarWinds
    Alliance: Dominion
    Arizona

Default Re: What do you guys miss most in maple? (Not a nostalgia thread i swear)

PvP pre capture the flag. That was the most fun I've ever had in this game ever.

10. Default Re: What do you guys miss most in maple? (Not a nostalgia thread i swear)

I miss having more than just one stat. When gear actually required X of your secondary stat to equip. When Dex=Accuracy for warriors so truely dexless warriors had to have some accuracy gear (maple weapons). Str dits sacrificed a few points in luk in order to wear the more badass daggers and eventually a dragon khanjar!

11. ᗧ · · · ᗣ · · · ᗣ ᗣ Straight Male
    IGN: Helsinki
    Server: MYBCKN
    Level: 220
    Job: Aran
    Guild: Friends
    Alliance: Unbreakable
    finland

I miss when:

- Only a small minority of items were untradeable and rest were fully tradeable, no scissors or other bullcrap.
    - Upgrade items didn't expire in 7 days.
    - There was no cash inventories unique to just one class.

12. Spirit of the Arrow Bi Female
    IGN: MariettaRC
    Server: Windia
    Level: 200
    Job: Bowmistress
    Guild: KoopaForce
    Alliance: KoopaEmpire
    Nebraska

I LOVE the old Artifact Hunt. Of course, I never stood a chance on it on my Bowmaster and only ever got the permanent glasses on my Bishop because of no cooldown Genesis and the Zombie Mushroom minidungeon.

But yes, that and the very first Cake vs Pie event. Sure, it was lagtastic but it was also actually competitive (when it was equal in players and power, of course) and was an absolute blast.

13. Default Re: What do you guys miss most in maple? (Not a nostalgia thread i swear)

Alien/Visitor Event.

14. Default Re: What do you guys miss most in maple? (Not a nostalgia thread i swear)

When potential didn't exist
    When the game was a long and hard grind to even hit level 70, let alone 100
    The community.

15. Default Re: What do you guys miss most in maple? (Not a nostalgia thread i swear)

Adding to this list:
    4)Permanent Safety Charm
    5)Permanent Additional Pendant Slot

16. Brick Male
    IGN: ZeroCA
    Server: Windia
    Level: 21x
    Job: Zero
    Guild: EssentiaI
    Alliance: N/A
    Farm: ReneMule
    usa

If they made it accessible to all players equally regardless of power gap, and made the final boss not HM Hilla-like, then I'd totally dig this. It inspired teamwork and some basic maneuvering and map traversing, and it was really fun IMO aside from the potential rewards (aside from the bomb room, the most sadistic thing I've ever seen, but it produced many laughs and rage quits, even though the mechanics were easy to master, alongside the laser platform room)

Alas, Nexon probably won't because they'd consider the current failure of the remake adequate when it really isn't, and tell us we only want the rewards and the OP medal, and make those available via NX :/

17. Neutron Straight Male
    IGN: LegitLance
    Server: Renegades
    Level: 228
    Job: Dark Knight
    Guild: Solitude
    Alliance: FISH
    usa

Yeah CPQ was the pomegranate, even funding a level 50 char to even stay there was fun. But sidekick system (the way it was) sucked plantain. I think if they tweaked it, it could be a good idea.

18. Default Re: What do you guys miss most in maple? (Not a nostalgia thread i swear)

I don't think so. The entire point of it was to make higher levels easily 'help' (leech) lower levels up, and unless they decide to tweak the system to be something else entirely that wouldn't change. We don't need a sidekick system or anything of the sort, we need more things to do that make playing the game fun/entertaining. Theme dungeons are pretty good for this already, most of them are decent EXP and are fairly fun/easy to do.

I just don't like the racing aspect of MS these days, sure it might be fun for a couple of hours but when you realise you've just skipped well over half of the game's content and are now too high leveled to go back and enjoy any of it properly it kicks in that it was a really terrible idea.

19. Default Re: What do you guys miss most in maple? (Not a nostalgia thread i swear)

I miss the hangout spot was at Henesys Hunting Ground 1 and/or Maya's House.

20. Default Re: What do you guys miss most in maple? (Not a nostalgia thread i swear)

I miss having to actually think. I'm referring to my poison mage and my crossbowman here. I'd train my poison mage using poison mist at monsters that were at times 50 levels higher than my own, so it only took a couple of hits to kill me. I couldn't just charge in, you know? I had to actually think things through first. That was enjoyable, and the reward of fast EXP amplified the fun. On my crossbowman, I couldn't hit up close, I didn't have much HP, and I wasn't very fast, so I had to utilize sniping spots and speed gear to make up for my relative lack of stamina and mobility. That, too, was fun. Getting powerknockback and using it to its full potential was the most fun I think I had in the entire game.

Today, it seems like everyone has added mobility. Who doesn't have some form of flash jump anymore? Hell, ranged classes can even attack up close. While it makes sense (if I shoot a crossbow at you from a close distance, it'll still fire) on a certain level, it takes away from the aspect of playing as a -ranged- class. And don't even get me started about how they ruined my poison mage. The one thing I enjoyed, poison mist training, they had to go and screw up. What used to be a skill that damaged based on an enemy's HP is now entirely dependent on one's attack range, meaning your mist is only as good as the amount of money you dump into nexon's filthy whore mouth. What a disgusting sham. What a sickening suckle pineapple.