1. Default A small reminder

Alright, let's take a look at the spam rule.

Spam
    Point Value: 1 point
    Definition: "A post containing no value, including off-topic posts or posts which derail threads."
    With the advent of the "+1" system a "me too"/"i agree" post with no purpose or further elaboration of it's own in a discussion thread would also be considered spam as would "reaction" images.

Additional Comment: The word "derailing" here implies a train wreck sort of situation, not necessarily that the topic of the thread changed. Minor side tangents are not a violation of this rule unless the whole thread is impacted, or a request to return to the primary topic has been made and ignored.

More specifically, that bit before the additional comments.

With the advent of the "+1" system a "me too"/"i agree" post with no purpose or further elaboration of it's own in a discussion thread would also be considered spam as would "reaction" images.

Of late there have been far too many otherwise good people getting infracted for this. Please remember to not just post a reaction image. It's fine if you're responding to one post or one part of a post with a reaction image and then responding to a different post or continuing to respond to another part of a post. Reaction images by themselves are spam.

Thank you.

2. Default Re: A small reminder

Maybe you should get Eos to force people to read this thread. You know, that "you have to read the following thread before you may continue" thing.

I think this is pretty important. :x

3. Default Re: A small reminder

"A picture is worth a thousand words, only not on Southperry."

4. Default Re: A small reminder

So would just the image by itself be spam?

5. Default Re: A small reminder

I think there are many situations where just a picture is a valid response. However, I don't think a large majority of people understand when it is/isn't appropriate - which is why I believe that part of the rule is in place.

For people that want to reply with an image - throw on a sentence or two to clarify your image response. Hell, talk about anything relevant to the thread. Can't get an infraction that way.

@Niernen; i'm not a mod but I would consider just that image spam. it serves no purpose to the thread, and the same message can be portrayed with a +1.

6. Default Re: A small reminder

Yes. Keep in mind the other part of the spam rule applies too - if I was to post this

it's still spam because you could've done that by +1ing and not posting.

7. Default Re: A small reminder

In other words:

Clearly,

8. Sacred cow Male
    IGN: Equi
    Server: Aquila
    Level: 235
    Job: Luminous
    Guild: Pineapples
    Farm: holycow
    singapore

Default Re: A small reminder

But there's canada in it. What has canada done to offend you? D:

9. Default Re: A small reminder

I live there, so nothing...?

10. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: GatlingPunch
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 200
    Job: Gear 2nd Pirate
    Guild: Virtues
    Alliance: NARs

So in other words. No sole reaction images, and no circle jerking (non-lewd kind of course).

11. Trump minus th money
    IGN: xparasite9
    Server: Windia
    Level: 250
    Job: I/L Archmage
    Guild: Aerial
    Alliance: N/A

so that means the other kind is somehow allowed?

12. Default Re: A small reminder

That's taken care of by the obscenity rule.

13. Default Re: A small reminder

I disagree with this post.

I don't think that people who get infractions can be considered good people. After all, they broke the rules of the site after being warned about it.

14. Default Re: A small reminder

...I'd hardly say someone isn't a good person because they get a minor warning on a web forum for maplestory.

15. Default Re: A small reminder

i agree with this thread.

Spoiler

16. Default Re: A small reminder

I don't agree with this interpretation of the rules. Reaction images certainly could be spam (see the above 'yes yes yes' gif) but frequently are not.