Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Default Re: The International 2014

The 1 million was reached around 12 hours after the compendium was released. It's pineappleing insane.

Also would people here be interested in us hosting a southperry fantasy league inside of dota2? I want to try it and we might as well do it together if people want to(I don't think you need a compendium to participate, but i'm not sure, for other tournaments you can join even without the ticket iirc)

2. Default Re: The International 2014

I'm still certain it'll get to 4m easily, after that who knows how far it'll go.
    I don't how fantasy leagues work but I'm in :D

3. Monster Truck Tire Straight Male
    IGN: Triggernometry
    Server: Supports
    Job: TeamSecret
    Guild: BigDaddy<3

Default Re: The International 2014

Another million in 24 hours.
    Guys... 5millions.

4. Default Re: The International 2014

I wonder if it'll be like last year when they had to make new stretch goals...
    Except 6m is a lot of money in compendiums and boosters and whatever else, A LOT of money. I'd be surprised if it keeps growing like this.

Also, @Malthe; I'll accept your offer and pay you back asap... if dentist appointment I have on Monday isn't expensive I'll pay back between this week and the other, if not I'll have to wait until the end of the month-ish. Is that okay?

5. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: GatlingPunch
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 200
    Job: Gear 2nd Pirate
    Guild: Virtues
    Alliance: NARs

What foul sorcery is this where we get this much money for the TI in less than a week?!

6. Default Re: The International 2014

I'd be down for the fantasy thing.
    I've actually reinstalled dotes, mainly just to buy the compendium. But then I've been playing Dota under the pretense that "oh it's just to level up the compendium."
    hah

7. Monster Truck Tire Straight Male

DotaCinema's teaser for TI4

Also just $50k away from $3.5mil
    WHAT IN THE HOLY pineapple
    Last edited by Chew; 2014-05-11 at 09:02 PM.

8. Default Re: The International 2014

I saw this thread and decided to try out Dota2 today (first real game/bot match) and found it a bit more difficult when compared to League.

The shop is sort of confusing. I just built what was suggested and left it at that.
    The way that the player camera worked got me killed multiple times. So much real estate ingame is covered by UI. I dont know if you can scale the UI.

Outside of that I think I was doing okay. I can last hit pretty easily...I just don't know why I eat trees to regen life.

9. Default Re: The International 2014

That would be the general consensus among both communities, DotA tends to be the slightly harder game.
    The shop has a system to it, and you can change the layout. Obviously it will make more sense once you get used to it.
    On the first page you have all the basic non-recipe items. On the second page you have the recipe items which include the more basic recipe items + boots. Then you have the more supportive items. And then the last 4 are split into intelligence items, weapon(DPS oriented stuff), Defensive stuff and stuff that modifies your attacks(Unique attack modifiers)
    And then there's the side-shop and the secret shop with unique items that you can't buy in your base.
    Some computers/some resolutions have the UI cover a ton of the screen and i'm not sure why.
    Tangos have multiple purposes, they're good for regenerating life but the reason that they can destroy trees is to give them added utility, there are many trees in paths inside the forest where destroying a single tree can give you a new escape path or against heroes that can create trees and trap you it gives you a new form of escape from their ability.

10. Monster Truck Tire Straight Male

$3.5mil milestone reached.
    Grewing at a rate of $15k~25k PER HOUR.
    I'm telling you that $5mil stretch goal is not that far.

11. Default Re: The International 2014

Yeah i'm expecting the 4 million to be hit within this week, since it will probably slow down slightly.
    Or maybe it will speed up when the immortal items are unlocked and the qualifiers truly begin. Would be cool too, 5 million is pertty realistic. Not sure about 6 million.

Also @Zelkova; http://www.liquiddota.com/forum/dota...or-lol-players
    This guide is incredibly well written and explains a lot of things better than i could ever dream to do, if you want some more information. Goes into differences/things the two games have in common etc.

Also i'm going to update the first two posts again when i come home with schedules for the qualifiers and so on, been pretty busy Orz

12. Monster Truck Tire Straight Male

Loved this article.
    http://www.liquiddota.com/forum/dota...-the-new-world
    As well as this insight from Merlini

5 hours till Americas qualifier starts!

13. Default Re: The International 2014

http://www.twitch.tv/thegdstudio
    GD studio 24/7 stream has begun.

KITTEN GLADIATOR LIVE CAM.

Also i'll figure out the fantasy league stuff and post information etc. here.

14. Default Re: The International 2014

My cat would pomegranate itself if there were so many people visiting. She's so shy :/

@Zelkova; you can also add me on Steam and play together some bot games to answer almost any questions you might have.

15. Default Re: The International 2014

Thank you @Malthe; I'll read through all of this soon!

Ty @Words; I added you

16. Proton
    IGN: iKillForEXP
    Server: Culverin
    Level: 111
    Job: FlameWizard
    Guild: Century
    Alliance: Foreigners
    bolivia

Zelkova I'm pretty much free all the time, so if you want to play when Words is not around, feel free to add me.

SteamID: Jon

17. Default Re: The International 2014

The GD studio lounge stream is hilarious. Christ bruno life stories are good.
    PUNCH LUMI.

18. Default Re: The International 2014

Yeah, they're all really entertaining . I ended up watching them play Golden Eye and Mario Party while grading stuff last night til they went to bed :P
    Also, my mom noticed the cat cam and wasted some time next to me too lol

Also, didn't DPM say that either Sing or Puppey were getting there today? :D Eh, I do remember her saying that those two and Pflax would all be there by Friday so it's just a matter of time :D

19. Water Female
    IGN: PlsBuffBT
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 22x
    Job: Beast Tamer
    Guild: Path
    Alliance: Meme
    Farm: Yeiionde
    england

I'm curious if compendium owners get a Mini Pudge or if they're just adding it to the game. I would assume you get it just for having a compendium because why would they include a level 50 skin for something you might not even own?

I refuse to not try to flimsily justify my want for mini Pudge.

20. Default Re: The International 2014

Best justification is, do it for the players! and you also get a reward for it.