Page 138 of 157 FirstFirst ... 3888128136137138139140148 ... LastLast
Results 2,741 to 2,760 of 3131

Thread: Brave Frontier

1. Default Re: Brave Frontier

Dam. Almost makes me wish I pulled for the others when I had the chance. Welp, time to farm up bulbs for my Tridon and Ultor. Hopefully the other exclusive units will get 7* as well.

I was short on overkill points on the last stage (got 50k, usually 60-80k). I'm gonna save my gems for the last day while I get more consistent with 2.1m+ runs.
    Spoiler

2. Default Re: Brave Frontier

>tfw no Andaria/Zedus and Tridon is Oracle

Oh well.

3. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    IGN: Musiphe
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 277
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Epic
    Alliance: Fatal
    Colorado

Default Re: Brave Frontier

I was disappointed when I pulled Andaria from trying for Popular Group 4, but that instantly 180'd when this announcement happened. I'm curious what they're going to do for their UBBs.

4. Default Re: Brave Frontier

Tried pulling for the new light SBS and got Zedus (didn't have) on my 6th pull. Trying to see what I can do to scrounge up 4 more summons before the event is over for a free Aurelia.

I have:
    (G) Ultor
    (A) & (B) Hadaron
    (L) Tridon
    (A) Andaria
    (B) Zedus

And I was smart enough to farm 2-3 of each color bulb so I hope that'll be enough.

5. Default Re: Brave Frontier

Doing runs like this takes a little longer, but is more consistent and results in higher max scores. Keep this in mind for future FH stages with 3 or more enemies.

Anyone comfortably in their FH rank bracket want to help me test something? I think sacrificing 3TK for more hits can net a higher score on the stages with 3+ enemies (Tia and Glasses Guys).

Weakness points are 50 per hit per enemy and the overkill bonus is 30,000. Dividing those, 600 hits need to be made to compensate. 200 hits per enemy on Tia's stage and 150 hits per enemy on the Glasses stage. The cookie cutter team does 197 hits per turn with Shida's BB (172 without). At least 2 extra turns are needed for Tia's stage and at least 1 extra turn is needed for Glasses stage to make up for the 3TK bonus with weakness hits alone.

On paper this seems like it could net an extra 100k+ points per run. I'd like to know if you guys have any significant results in practice. It may be worth sacrificing sparks in order to get as many turns in as possible. If you have hella time you could probably use just Rosetta and the Larios until the turn you want to kill.

Edit: So this is really easy to do on Glasses stage. Tia loses HP kind of quick since you need to spark on her. I'm gonna try guarding on the first turn next run.
    Spoiler

^ helped me salvage a pretty crappy run where I killed 2 enemies on accident. 2.14m at the end.

Edit2: it seems Tia's second summon is based on some HP threshold. Activated between 20% and 30%.
    Spoiler

Welp only 30k extra from my old high score since Tia's stage doesn't work the way I thought it did. Still, this seems to be a hell of a lot more consistent than the usual method in exchange for being more time consuming.

Also, I learned overkill points are tracked throughout the battle and not only on the final turn. I forgot Rosetta SBB and left Tia's second summon alive an extra turn, but I still got 90k overkill points.

Edit 3: Accidently used Quaid in place of Feeva... Still a 2m run, thankfully. I'm at rank 1361 atm, but +5 this season doesn't seem feasible unless I use a bunch of gems. Hopefully I'll stay within +4 range. If only I knew to do runs this way from the beginning...
    Last edited by xlxlxlxl; 2015-05-24 at 12:53 AM.

6. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    Colorado

The "Elemental Farming" strategy has been known for several months now. A ton of people in Japan do it every season.
    http://www.reddit.com/r/bravefrontie...grinding_guide

EDIT: Dang gemmers. Thought I would maybe break top 1000 this season as I was 807 this morning. Did my last couple runs and I only went up 80ish ranks per run to end in the 1300s. I would have to gem 2 times at least to hit top 1000. Oh well, I'll get Tesla next season.
    Last edited by Dark Link; 2015-05-24 at 03:24 AM.

7. Default Re: Brave Frontier

Top 1000 is a bloodbath. ;_;

Ended at 1586, not too surprised. Too many screwups this season (lost 2 orbs, accidentally went in at least twice with a non-FH team ).

8. Default Re: Brave Frontier

Used one gem this season and ended up ~2.5k. Very pleased with this result. This will bring me to HR32.

Excited for achievement system in two days. So many dupes sitting around, I need their space so I can farm changing the world without having to fuse units so often lolol

9. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    Colorado

https://play.lobi.co/video/949441358...efb8779cef6a18

Apparently this is a thing. Bunch of talk about the method in the post-FH topic.
    Wonder how well it would work if you took Lilly and Shida instead.

10. Default Re: Brave Frontier

I've seen that. It's a completely different squad, though and takes significantly longer than the usual team to finish a run. What I tested just manages to squeeze a few more points out of the standard team on certain stages.

Once Elimo comes out I might try an actual hybrid strategy for all stages with Lario (lead), Lario (Friend), Lario, Lario, Elimo, Shida. If BC gen isn't enough then Narza lead should fix it up.

Only issue with Lily + Shida with that Entrance - End thing is missing out on Dion's elemental weakness bonuses and the crit bonuses since they won't be attacking. Most of the damage seems to come from Mifune so it shouldn't be a huge issue. I'd like to see that method become the go to strategy since Terminus takes too long :)

11. Default Re: Brave Frontier

New 7*
    http://www.reddit.com/r/bravefrontie..._info_5242015/

Wow, these guys are all pretty amazing. Time to start hoarding gems/tickets again :\

12. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    Colorado

Seeing as Global's rate ups are really meh, was trying to figure out if I could even do a similar method to it since I can do that exact setup in Japan, minus Dion. Some people suggested Kira / Maxwell should work for the Mifune damage.

EDIT:
    Word on the street is the SBS 7* will be releasing alongside the achievement system on Tuesday. pomegranate going to be crazy.
    Last edited by Dark Link; 2015-05-25 at 01:55 AM.

13. Default Re: Brave Frontier

Too bad anyone that tries this in Global would get smacked with a ban.

Edit: Raaga batch is being released in two parts, possibility for an actual rate-up?!

https://www.reddit.com/r/bravefronti...a_batch_first/
    Last edited by CakesXD; 2015-05-25 at 06:02 AM.

14. Sacred cow Male
    IGN: Equi
    Server: Aquila
    Level: 235
    Job: Luminous
    Guild: Pineapples
    Farm: holycow
    singapore

15. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    Colorado

Even with the split up, the pull rate is still 2-4%?! What the actual pineapple...

Also the bundles are a bit screwed up. Bundle 1 is the only one worth getting cause the others are less efficient than bundle 1...
    https://www.reddit.com/r/bravefronti..._chest/crk937g

16. Default Re: Brave Frontier

Ehh, bundle 1 is only 2 summons, though. Pretty sure each was a one-time purchase as well. Either way, it's cheaper than the usual thing. I'm thinking about buying them all but other players are reporting errors.

17. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    Colorado

While it's true Bundle 1 is only worth two summons, it's also the cheapest of the three, which makes no sense. Bundles 2 and 3 are overcosted for their value payout. Granted they're all still cheaper than the 100 gem bundle in total.
    This prime example falls under the whole "Vote with your wallet" ordeal.

EDIT:
    Achievement System is out. Points for trading in units is pre-revamp value (shocker/10) so avoid doing that. Also NO pineappleING IMP KEY!
    Last edited by Dark Link; 2015-05-26 at 03:09 AM.

18. Default Re: Brave Frontier

Trade-in values got fixed pretty quickly.

Too bad I can't trade in units without my app crashing. D:

19. Default Re: Brave Frontier

Where is the store? I restarted and got new files, but it's not mentioned in news.

20. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    Colorado

Same place where you go to get your daily key and do the slot machine. I forget the name.