Level: 258
    Job: Marksman
    Guild: Olimpo/OnePoint
    Alliance: Aliança
    Farm: Ivangold/Farmnamedmg
    brazil

Default 5Job ideas

I thinked some ideas for the 5 job.
    When i was looking in the old photos of maple( i played Brazil Maple Story), and i saw when we needed to get the skills for 4 job(i liked it), so i thinked we would need to get some 5 job skills with quests, not like get all of em at once; i thinked we could use some or maybe all the same quests that we needed to do, like the ''Protect Tylus''

Some could be get in the GPQ, like the old times; but since the ergoth got a really low life for peoples, they could increase it's life in a diferent mode(GPQ have other mode that ergoth have more life but you can get 5 job books in the end).
    You could also some books lv20 and 30 there.
    And get from high lv monsters(Twlight perion, strong hold and also the mobs in the continent that will come with 5 job), or some bosses(like you used to get book in strong bosses, like Zakum or Horntail and even Pink Bean) like Arkarium, Empress, CRA, even the Chaos bosses could drop too, not sure the rate but that's not a bad idea, the mmb could go together with it? So you can get 5 job books in two ways(three with Free Market)?

I thinked people would get 5 job at lv170, because 180 peoples have all the skills maxed, some skills would need to lose some max points(the skill max lv30 go to 20 or even 10) but in end should stay the same, and maybe you would get points until lv210; also you could get more points than normal at lv201+ since it's harder to level, and also 170~~210 are just 40 lvs(if you compare to 4 job that may have over 60 lvs or 3 job with 40 too). Nexon could do the 5 job up to 250, but it's really hard to level(i thinked they could low the total exp of lvs 201~~250 so this could be possible, like 1/10 of what is now, but since it would pineapple up with some people, i sugestest 210 firstly), would make more sense, also it would have 80 lvs.

Anything Sugest a idea about 5 job, hope you liked.
    EDIT 1: i edited the image
    EDIT2: if it's too much effort to nexon do the quests they can make the 5 job without quests to get the skills lv10; that's why i sugest use the same quests of the pre-big bang, but there's a lot of more classes now, so nexon will need to creat new quests anyway so just a sugestion.
    Last edited by Ivangold; 2014-04-27 at 08:25 AM.

2. Default Re: 5Job ideas

Thought. Not thinked, but thought.

And having books drop from bosses like CRA that most people don't have access to would make them impossible to get for most players, and very expensive. All the top players and payers would end up getting the skills, and the rest would have to save up a lot or never get it. It's probably not the best idea. Having quests to unlock skills is not an awful idea, but I don't know if too many people would want to do it or enjoy it; they may see it more as a chore. It really depends on the type of quest, how easy and accessible it is. If it is a party quest, there would have to be some system to fairly reward it, because if it drops normally people will fight over it.

3. Default Re: 5Job ideas

Screw books. The book system is terrible.

I'm all for quests though.

4. Default Re: 5Job ideas

If 5th job levels are as easy as 4th job is now, then they would. If the advancement happened at, say, level 200, I wouldn't mind taking the time to do the quests and treating them as part of my Maple experience instead of something I need to do quickly so I can continue speed/power levelling.

Buying books from Henesys or Illiad is enough of a chore for me already, haha. Especially for link skill mules.

5. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Default Re: 5Job ideas

I think that if 5th job starts at 170 or 180, the exp rate at those levels is slow enough that people wouldn't mind a break from the grind.
    Would be even less of a chore if the skill quests also gave a nice chunk of exp...

6. Lead Ball Male
    IGN: Ivangoldes
    Server: Now Bera
    brazil

You just focused in CRA, not impressive , i also sayed empress, or chaos bosses(including zakum and horntail), or arkarium(easyer to kill than CRA), just puted CRA too because they're important bosses in the game, you just focused one thing man, also sugested a idea to have mmb too.
    EDIT1:Well also mobs could drop the books too, so not only bosses, that make more fair i think?

@SaptaZapta I remember to get like 50% in my bishop when i was doing the quest, they can do quests that can level you to like 182(since it's easyer to lv now), i remember the quests were pretty long because you needed to travel a lot(to get Genesis i remember that i did travel), some also needed some item but in general not hard to get. Maybe 5 job could be 160 , since i remember they puted in KMS another explorer emblem lv160 when the RED event just came in KMS.
    EDIT 2: i don't know, but i think you're complanning wrong? the lving probing isn't much about 5 job, nexon can do the quests give a pretty nice exp(but you do only once), also the Tylus PQ wasn't supose to train there, even if the mobs didn't give a bad exp, but complanning that you have to gring at thoose lvs, seens to be a problem to solve for the game, remembering that you used time to get the skills lv10 in old times, then you would level, quests gave you tons of exp but not enough to 1 lv back then(today it could be up to 3).

7. Default Re: 5Job ideas

True enough. It would hard to make a quest more boring than grinding for hours at HoH. I guess it depends how they do it. I wouldn't mind a story quest, but a kill X amount of X or collect Y amount of Y would be annoying. Quests giving good exp though... that would be nice.

How would people feel about a traveling quest? One that had you go back and talk to different people you met over journey? Or one that had you explore a new area? Since some areas are level restricted anyways, rewarding skills at the end of them would be a nice bonus for finishing exploring the place.

8. Lead Ball Male
    brazil

The quests didn't want to get itens, normaly was just a book to get the skill, and kill monsters was in a diferent map, sometimes with someone of the same job(like, you need kill 200 of a mob and you need go with a 4 job archer, thinking if you are a archer too).
    Maybe you would need to explore a place then get the skill as reward?
    You need to travel much in Old times, because you needed to talk to 2 or 3 npcs that were far from each other.

9. Lead Ball Male
    brazil

I forgot but there was a image that i wanted to show:

In this image i thinked the DKs or some class could hit the spear in the ground and hit the mobs with a ''wave'', the image gave me the idea that the noob is doing the blue skill, not the High lv one, it would have cool down but it's cool .
    Last edited by Ivangold; 2014-05-30 at 11:29 PM.

10. Default Re: 5Job ideas

So, ground smash? That's a "wave" based skill warriors have.

11. Default Re: 5Job ideas

Fixed.

Anyway, I still think Nexon could do a better job of defining class roles. RED was a step in the right direction, but they should do even more with the classes with 5th Job.

12. Default Re: 5Job ideas

It depends on how you interpret the skill. It either created a spiritual or physical weapon with physical properties, or what we saw was just a visual representation of the shockwave or whatever created from using the skill. Something like the Dragon Knight just swinging their stick down with the same strength as a dragon would swinging their arms down. The hit animation suggests it might be the former, but that itself could just be another visual/spiritual representation. It could be a combination of both, too.

13. Lead Ball Male
    brazil

Another idea for a skill? the warrior could be using the skill or maybe someone in the right>

EDIT1:Or someone that do a explosion in range? but you can see the mobs getting the meso explosion

EDIT2: i saw the image and i thinked it's cool thinking the attack can be since the arrow in the scarlion character to the ball of the battle mage.

EDIT3: this image i thiked it's cool and now i thinked that the DK could be using a skill to hit the mobs or someone in the right> using like holy arrows?

Edit4: sorry for another edit but look how ranged this skill was, thinking that you could use for most of your levels until you get 120(if you even stop using it)

How do a 1 job skill have this range? i thinked it was much.
    Last edited by Ivangold; 2014-05-30 at 11:28 PM.

14. Default Re: 5Job ideas

I am all for very long, very hard and extensive quests to get your skills. I personally really liked the questline to get the adventure emblems. Something like that but on a higher level. And not the kiddy stuff either. Long lost tales from legendary adventures who used to have a skill that was passed on etc..
    And you would have to track that stuff all the way back (without freaking kill 100 mobs loot 100 thingies) solving puzzles and jumpquests.
    And at the end you would track down a scroll that is hold by a boss that you must do solo. This boss area would lock all of your equips onto your character and adapt its HP based on the DMG range you have at that "locked" moment. Then you would kill him/her but it would transform and you would have to chase it trough various maps.

I just would like to see really hard quests that are not based on wether you have 2-2M range or not...

15. Lead Ball Male
    brazil

I thinked they could do a skill for F/Ps: a special fire that consume the poisons in the mobs faster(like 3x) but do more dmg(like 6x as normaly would do), since some poisons are gas, and fire consume ''gas'' .

EDITED:

And Look thoose videos tho

What i really like is the names too that the guy gave for the 4 jobs, are kind nice or here:(another idea of names)
    I actually liked the name Oracle for bishop , or shinobi for the today NL and captain for corsairs isn't bad tho .

16. Lead Ball Male
    brazil

Don't wanna flood but wanna show thoose videos too, from the same guy.

17. Lead Ball Male
    brazil

Maybe, at least the guy did pretty good NAMES of the classes, not saying that this is old so most of the ideas may not have a chance to be used(but you can see one skill of the mages that maybe was used to create the hyper skill for I/L )
    But you can't think about the damage and stuff, it's more about to see his idea of skill(the %dmg skill may be totally wrong or CD and other stuff).

18. Default Re: 5Job ideas

The fact that one his suggestions became reality is just proof of nexon's lack of creativity. Class making has always been easy, I even made a parody of it in like 2011 I think?

Spoiler

19. Lead Ball Male
    brazil

Just thought* that Buccaneer may have a lot of possibilitys since he's the only real fighter in the game(thinking that Shade is with spirits right now and Thunder Breaker use the lightning and water), he can use the fists and foots(used to use) to attack enimes, like a falcon punch xD.
    Last edited by Ivangold; 2014-07-24 at 01:29 PM.