1. Default Commerci Bosses and drop rates?

Has anybody noticed that 2x event drop doesn't seem to affect Commerci bosses?

Since normal drop rate modifiers don't work on the Commerci bosses, due to the weird "box under the boat" drop mechanism. I assumed that 2x drop events would at least have an effect... but after doing runs on every 2x event that I've played on, I've never seen any increase in drops from the bosses.

So this last Sunday I decided to pay attention to some numbers while doing my runs during the 2x exp/drop event.

-Exp for the voyage does appear to get doubled, or close at least [FWIW I noticed that 2x quest exp cards from the cash shop worked too, it wasn't stated when you received the exp after the run. But if you actually counted the exp you gained on your exp bar, it was double the stated exp]

-Meso drops from mobs during the voyage ARE doubled. For example, coral crabs usually drop less than 1k for me, resulting in stacks of cash as opposed to meso bags. But on 2x, I was getting double that amount, and they were always meso bags (>1k)

Meso drops from the bosses, however, were NOT affected by the 2x drop event. On Sunday's 2x event I received (approx) 10k from Red Polpo, 13K from Green Polpo, and 20K from Green Livy, on a Rien run. Today I just did two Rien runs resulting in 14k/11k from Red Polpo, 12k/10k from Green Polpo, and 20k/14k from Green Livy. Basically matching amounts (approx), def not doubled...

I'm left thinking that nothing increases the boss drop rates during Commerci voyages, not even 2x Events...
    Doing daily runs since the drop rate reduction (1 Lith, 2 Rien) I've only gotten one SW equip... A 2h BW. Ugh... [Did get 2 anvils this week tho]

Please Nexon, increase the equip drop rates. srsly

2. Default Re: Commerci Bosses and drop rates?

Discussed already http://www.southperry.net/showthread.php?t=72719. Yes, it doesn't work on drops because its like a "reactor" or in other words you don't kill the thing that drops it (like a box), the ship gives you the drops after the boss dies. If you noticed you can fire at the ship mast and do misses.

3. Default Re: Commerci Bosses and drop rates?

It's definitely noticeable with my I/L's Chain Lightning, and I'm assuming Lumi's Reflection as well. It'll actually chain off the boss and "hit" the reactor, but doing nothing to it.

4. Neon Atom Male
    IGN: TidusAiYuna
    Server: BelloNova
    Level: 204
    Job: Drk
    Guild: Minah<3
    Alliance: Tiffany<3
    Farm: Hyuna<3
    australia

Default Re: Commerci Bosses and drop rates?

most of the new bosses now are all like this now so drop multipliers are useless and more about dumb luck. typical nexon

5. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

So most = 3* instances of content and dumb luck doesn't apply to high drop rate situations, all wrapped up with the hate nexon cherry. typical TLY

6. Default Re: Commerci Bosses and drop rates?

gollux, root abyss(half), commerci... that's three. and they're all the newest ones *in GMS.
    Last edited by kayeyearekay; 2014-04-23 at 04:15 PM.

7. GLADIGATORS
    usa

2/3 of those don't exist in korea and that 1/3rd isn't technically the newest boss(es) either which means you can't say they're having a trend of adding reactor bosses (couldn't say that for nexon america either because dawnveil is in it's own bubble; reactor bosses are the trend there, but nowhere else because they don't have that freedom). Regardless, the point was "most" does not work.

8. Neon Atom Male
    IGN: TidusAiYuna
    Server: BelloNova
    Level: 204
    Job: Drk
    Guild: Minah<3
    Alliance: Tiffany<3
    Farm: Hyuna<3
    australia

nexon obviously is making all new bosses like this cause they love the luck and want ppl to play the rng game. everyone knows nexon is a greedy company except the brown noses

9. Trump minus th money
    IGN: xparasite9
    Server: Windia
    Level: 250
    Job: I/L Archmage
    Guild: Aerial
    Alliance: N/A

nexon america

10. Default Re: Commerci Bosses and drop rates?

i can edit my posts too.

11. GLADIGATORS
    usa

Not enough people do that when they're wrong

12. Default Re: Commerci Bosses and drop rates?

Dammit, I was looking for that thread last night and couldn't find it. Only found the one about sweet water equips...

Anyway, yeah, that's where my flaw in logic came from. The explanation in that thread made it sound like there was an "invincible monster" under the boat that you couldn't kill. If that was the case, then server sided, 2x drop events should affect it.

But if it's just a "reactor", like gollux's heart chest. Then it all makes sense to me...

13. Default Re: Commerci Bosses and drop rates?

It's like a reactor, but it's not; it definitely is an invisible, invincible monster. You wouldn't be able to target it with skills if it was a reactor. What I mean is, say you were a Luminous in a map with a monster and a box, Reflection wouldn't bounce off the monster and hit the box, like it does with the invisible, invincible monsters on the ship.

Potentially, I would say it's possible that it's not affected by drop rate because it doesn't die "naturally", but rather because it's killed, perhaps "de-spawned", through some kind of script, I guess, upon the boss dying.

14. GLADIGATORS
    usa

Commerci might actually have a de-spawn command at the end of every individual round. I don't know what happens if the timer runs out and you have one of those monster life mobs on the bottom of the ship though. If it is killed if time runs out then that confirms it.

15. Default Re: Commerci Bosses and drop rates?

When you guys do party commerci runs and run all the way up top with a touching damage skill like dark metamorphasis or lets say a summon on the floor firing at the ship mast, you actually see MISS up top. I get it all the time on party runs since you can just walk up there lol.

16. Default Re: Commerci Bosses and drop rates?

On normal Herb Town Voyages on my Mercedes, who cannot kill Livyatan, when the timer ends, the boss is "de-spawned" and nothing drops.