Level: 25
    Job: Sailor
    Guild: USN
    Alliance: VAQ-141 Shadowhawks
    ireland

Default Re: Curse Voice and 3rd Party Programs

actually, I don't have CV.

3. Default Re: Curse Voice and 3rd Party Programs

Curse Voice gives an unfair advantage to the other team. The idea of the voice chat is cool, if they join, but the timers is unfair to those who don't have it. Either Riot has to implement this into the game, ban it or they can let it keep going on. I highly doubt they'll implement this in the game, if they do, then it will probably be the same time the client gets remade.

It eliminates the reward of keeping up with the timers by just giving you a number. If it made you do it manually, then I would say it would be pretty fair.

4. Nuclear testing facility Straight Male
    IGN: VerrKol
    Server: Zenith
    Level: 204
    Job: Bowmaster
    Guild: LegacyReborn
    Farm: Kolville
    usa

So if you had to click a button to start the timer, that would be okay? I actually like that idea since that it would keep the information prominent without completely removing the human element.

5. Lazy Mathematician Female
    IGN: MsJudith
    Server: Windia
    Level: 130
    Job: aran
    Guild: n/a
    Alliance: n/a
    California

So... let's assume they implement something like CV into the game. And you don't have it permanently set to mute because if people rage you can just mute/unmute at will.

Okay... scenario time. Guy starts pretty harshly berating team members. You mute them good. But you can't report them. What evidence will there be of it? None unless voice logs are saved... which are much bulkier to store than chat logs. And even if it turns out to be a "well if they get enough people reporting".. they could say that the team all ganged up on him because he wanted to build differently or X/Y excuse. And what evidence will there be of any wrong doing? None.

I'd be iffy on implementing something that can lead to a lot of abuse with no physical evidence left behind.

6. Nuclear testing facility Straight Male
    usa

I'm not really sure that people even get a chance to rebut/explain why people are reporting them anyway.

Yes reporting would be a problem. There are programs than can transcript the voice chat into a text log, but I suspect this would substantially increase the server overhead and replace one problem with another. The reality is we'd just have to mute them and shrug it off just like we do irl by walking away.

7. Default Re: Curse Voice and 3rd Party Programs

Yes, doing it manually would be fine. There are programs that give you the ability to manually push a hotkey to take the timer. Automated gives an unfair advantage to those who are using it.

Riot providing voice chat would make numerous more problems, Tribunal would be useless, there is no enforcement on voice chat, people can have bad microphones, and many other issues that come along with voice chat. I rather have Riot expand on their servers and making a new client then implementing a voice chat. It would just take too much to implement voice chat into LoL.

8. Nuclear testing facility Straight Male
    usa

Clearly it wouldn't be "too much" because CV has literally just done it. Yes Tribunal would be a problem, but I don't think it's insurmountable.

9. Default Re: Curse Voice and 3rd Party Programs

I'm talking about integrating it all into every server and making it compatible with everyone. Curse Voice is just an overlay + VoIP.

10. Nuclear testing facility Straight Male
    usa

What do you think is "integrating"? It makes more sense imo to do the voip work on a separate server to prevent latency issues, but I'm not an expert so whatever.

11. Default Re: Curse Voice and 3rd Party Programs

Riot's official stance on 3rd party software : http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com....php?t=4491087

TL;DR : Curse Voice is against Riot's policies (and new Terms of Use update). For those who have been using it :

12. aka ClawofBeta Straight Male
    Corn's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: ClawofBeta
    Server: LoL.NA
    Level: 30
    Job: Bot Lane
    Guild: N/A
    Alliance: N/A
    New_Jersey

Guess I'm uninstalling.

13. Nuclear testing facility Straight Male
    usa

Sigh. This seems inevitable given the community backlash, but I'm definitely disappointed about losing auto connecting voice chat.

I will never understand their distinction between auto connecting and inviting people manually.

14. the Immutable Neuter
    IGN: Stephen
    Server: U.S.A.
    Level: 25
    Job: Sailor
    Guild: USN
    Alliance: VAQ-141 Shadowhawks
    ireland

/gloat
    good riddance.

15. Default Re: Curse Voice and 3rd Party Programs

Since the topic's coming back up through the new Siv HD video, I'm going to add something.

People keep comparing the mute button in games like CoD/CS:GO to that of League. But they're not the same. People playing CoD/CS:GO aren't bound to the game they're playing. League players have to stick to the game they're playing. If someone in CoD gets muted because of toxicity, they'll eventually give up trying and move on to another game where they might have better luck trolling. CoD players can't have as direct of an impact on the other team as League players, either. A CoD player that starts trolling in game after being muted/whatever won't give the other team a direct advantage aside from being an extra man up. A League player who gets muted and wants to troll because of it has the option of feeding, or afking, with nobody to replace them. There is less invested in the other games because there's not really any consequences to the games or your actions in them. Communication between your team isn't as imperative in CoD/CS as it is in League. Each person relies on the other to win, and cutting someone out of that so that the rest can communicate slightly better is counterintuitive to what voice communication is attempting to accomplish.

Yes, we already have this happening with people typing. But adding an extra, unregulated medium through which this can be accomplished isn't going to help the problem.
    I very much agree that voice chat is something that could make a league experience better, given the right circumstances. But it's the few ruining it for the whole that makes me worried.

16. Neon Atom Male
    IGN: TidusAiYuna
    Server: BelloNova
    Job: Drk
    Guild: Minah<3
    Alliance: Tiffany<3
    Farm: Hyuna<3
    australia

curse voice is pretty much hax when it comes to timers and cool downs. good decision by riot wp

17. Mercury Straight Male
    IGN: MagiRico
    Server: LoL NA
    Level: 30
    Job: Jungle/Top/Supp
    Guild: Deny
    Alliance: Eternal
    Kansas

@y0y0y0y0shi0

Only reason I don't agree with your argument is because other Moba communities specifically Dota2 show that in game voice chat with the option to mute someone work just fine. If people are that intent on trolling/being toxic they're going to do it anyway, and that should not be an argument to prevent having a good feature.

18. Default Re: Curse Voice and 3rd Party Programs

And I can't even begin to count the number of Dota games I have played that have ended with less than 6 people total in the game. And even more games where just nobody has talked at all - text or otherwise.
    At least in my experience, the dependency to stay in a game and communicate efficiently is much less vital to a team's success. They are different games and I don't think they can necessarily directly be compared.

19. Default Re: Curse Voice and 3rd Party Programs

I consider the timers from the curse voice app were something wrong, and I read on the internet that they were taken down from the app after Riot's statement on it.

Now on the voice chat, even though it sounds like a great idea on paper, I wouldn't be willing to use it myself because of all the possible bad experiences that could come from it. Arguments in this game are already pretty frustrating with only written words, imagine having to actually listen to someone yell those stuff at you? Muting them wouldn't solve a thing, in fact that would defeat the purpose of the app. If those situations weren't so prone to happen I might be supporting the it, but in this case i'll stick to chatting only with friends through raidcall.