Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Default Re: The Instant Ramen Thread

Growing up, my family always had a big box of these:

I've never really eaten any instant noodles outside of these, and I've barely really eaten this, but I quite like it.

2. Default Re: The Instant Ramen Thread

I suppose I am a pleb since these are the only instant ramen I enjoy.

3. Default Re: The Instant Ramen Thread

I figured the typical method would be soft boiling

If you like scrambled you could do an egg drop soup-esque egg? Making it in a microwave wouldn't really be possible unless you cooked the egg on the stove and ramen in the microwave.

Edit: Since we are on a ramen binge right now, has anyone here had a ramen burger?

4. Flatpanel TV
    IGN: HarbingerLey
    Server: Mardia
    Level: 203
    Job: Demon Slayer
    Guild: [L]ittleBusters
    Farm: Dominion
    usa

Default Re: The Instant Ramen Thread

for fried/sunny side up, hard/softboiled and scrambled, you'd probably cook the egg externally by normal means. the other methods would be cracking the egg over the ramen as the water is boiling after stirring(similar to cooking eggs in the eggs benedict style) so that both curds as well as the egg sorta wrap up in the center making a mound. The other is just cracking the egg into the pot and letting it sit there in the pot.(these methods require cooking the ramen in a pot rather than dumping hot water from a kettle).

the other of course is a very rawish method would be cracking the egg into the ramen raw and dumping hot water on it, giving the soup base a pastey color and the egg white not completely cook out.

5. Default Re: The Instant Ramen Thread

Egg in ramen is tasty. I've put cheese in it as well and the flavor is nice. I've added kimchi to spice up the flavor a bit sometimes. I've also tried it with vienna sausages. You can add so much to ramen and have it taste great! Just boils down to what you like I guess.

6. Flatpanel TV
    IGN: HarbingerLey
    Server: Mardia
    Level: 203
    Job: Demon Slayer
    Guild: [L]ittleBusters
    Farm: Dominion
    usa

putting stuff inside ramen is pretty much the concept of the Jjigae

7. Default Re: The Instant Ramen Thread

ya'll are wack if you havent tried indomie or maggi mee. south east asia represent.

8. Default Re: The Instant Ramen Thread

Like the package says, neoguri is more seafood flavor than the shin-ramyun. I like its thick noodles better but they do take a bit longer to cook.

Compared with the proper kind of ramen (by which I mean, what you'd get at a Japanese ramen restaurant) I find the shin ramyun very buttery/salty, I guess that's the price of instant. Its flavor is on the whole nice though, one of my preferred ones.

9. Sacred cow Male
    IGN: Equi
    Server: Aquila
    Level: 235
    Job: Luminous
    Guild: Pineapples
    Farm: holycow
    singapore

but those aren't ramens ! just noodles ! i think.

10. Default Re: The Instant Ramen Thread

I'm sorry, but after trying cup ramen from Japan, I don't think I'll ever be able to enjoy Maggi noodles ever again.

It was just too awesome. Don't bother with exported Nissin instant ramen guys, the real stuff's in Japan. The ones they don't export are a hell of a lot better.

The chicken one though...that tasted a little odd.

11. Default Re: The Instant Ramen Thread

#pomegranateweeaboossay

I love korean ramens over japanese though. I freaking love Shin Ramyun but Maggi Curry and Indomie Goreng will always be my all-time faves.

12. Default Re: The Instant Ramen Thread

Someone posted this last night. A cool feature in an instant ramen factory/museum!

http://imgur.com/a/pbyoP

13. Default Re: The Instant Ramen Thread

That is pretty neet.

14. Helium Atom Straight Male
    IGN: I'm
    Server: not
    Level: on
    Job: this
    Guild: damn
    Alliance: game
    Farm: anymore
    canada

For me, my favorite would have to be Shin Ramyun as well. However when I have the chance, I like to prepare it in different types of soups, such as Korean Ox Bone soup (otherwise known as Seolleongtang in Korean). Looks like this:

The soup itself is very plain, but the ramen flavouring evens it out. The end product ends up being (in my opinion at least) much more rich and flavourful.

Unfortunately, this method of doing it isn't exactly conventional, as Seolleongtang takes a relatively long time to make and ain't nobody gonna make a soup that takes several hours to make just for ramyun.

15. Default Re: The Instant Ramen Thread

I prefer mine soft boiled or poached however you consider it, I crack the egg in at the last 2 minutes of cooking and put a lid on. It cooks the white and the yolk is still a tad gooey, maybe a bit unhealthy but it tastes so good. I know other people vigorously stir their eggs in their ramen.

16. Default Re: The Instant Ramen Thread

THAT IS A VERY UNSETTLING COLOR OF LIQUID.

17. Default Re: The Instant Ramen Thread

Do you guys eat them the second they are finished cooking or do you let them cool off first? I personally Like to eat them right as they finish, even when they are almost hot enough to burn you.

18. Default Re: The Instant Ramen Thread

I practically live off those.

19. Default Re: The Instant Ramen Thread

I have a feeling someone would say something along those lines. Almost every college student on a low budget does that, whose daily meals consists of mostly cheap instant/cup noodles. Of course, it's not healthy eating those all the time because of all the salt and starch, but at least it's a meal... :d
    On a side note, I do enjoy eating those raw now and then. It's a cheap and crunchy snack - open the bag, pour in the seasoning powder, close it, and smush it up.

I enjoy eating the noodles that are made out of egg and the ones that have a slight crunch to them. Rice and flour noodles are good too though.

20. Default Re: The Instant Ramen Thread

Hot enough so I can't tell if its the copious amounts of chilli or the heat of the soup thats burning me.
    Last edited by PoetryIsFail; 2014-04-20 at 07:35 PM. Reason: muhtypos