Thread: [Notice] New Support Forum

1. Monster Truck Tire Straight Male
    IGN: Triggernometry
    Server: Supports
    Job: TeamSecret
    Guild: BigDaddy<3

Default Re: New Support Forum

10,000+ replies thread go!
    that's the half of the population of all servers, AW pomegranate #shotsfired

2. Trump minus th money
    IGN: xparasite9
    Server: Windia
    Level: 250
    Job: I/L Archmage
    Guild: Aerial
    Alliance: N/A

it'd work the same way as the ban appeals forum does. you just post a ticket number and that's it. no need to name any names out in the open on the forums and be subject to retaliation.

3. Default Re: New Support Forum

They'd look at teh ticket and evidence and bam there you go.

4. Proton Straight Male
    IGN: JustFezXD
    Level: 200
    Job: Battle Mage
    Guild: LunarKnightz
    Alliance: RegalKnightz
    Oklahoma

1. Just because I don't comment a lot on this forum site it doesn't make me a "regular"..
    2. I don't care if he/she is a moderator.. the person always sounds like one in most of the comments I read.
    3. You don't know how old I am..
    4. We don't need to know about a person to comment?

5. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Indeed, people should be judged by what they say, not by age or position.

And you, for example, have dedicated two posts to calling other people names and proving your right to do so, but not a single sentence to demonstrating why this new idea of Nexon's is so good.

6. Trump minus th money

indeed, they'd look at the ticket.
    Which is something they do not do right now because they are immediately and automatically closed.

7. Default Re: New Support Forum

Thank god there is examples like you of who maplestory caters too.

8. Default Re: New Support Forum

This system doesn't really make much sense. Why not have the extra GM just look through the backlog of tickets instead of requiring people to post on the forum? I guess people that really want to get unbanned will post there instead of logging more tickets, but now they have to go through the forum, verify the post with the ticket, and then decide weather to unban or not. It might reduce the amount of duplicate tickets, but people still have to post a ticket before they can post in the forum anyways. It could possibly give them more time before they actually have to get to a case, but it is just pushing it back. I don't know how much of a difference making a forum post vs a ticket really makes, but they don't even ask you to provide anything besides the ticket number. They don't ask about the context or what you were doing, all they want is "Hello. My ticket number is ########. Can you please look into this?". It is the same for the stuck character one too. I would have thought at least adding how you were stuck could help a bit. IF you are stuck in a map, those should probably get more priority since they can actually just tele you out of the map, vs not being able to log in or cut scenes which require maintenances. It is great that they are trying to do something, but I don't know how well it will work. There are already 3 pages on the ban appeal forum. At least they respond to the forum so you know if they have looked at your post and ticket.

9. Default Re: New Support Forum

I still believe this action that Nexon has taken is to have some sort of proof that GMs are actually "doing" things like look at tickets.

10. Default Re: New Support Forum

Feels more like a bot from the forum posts, almost all of them have the same or similar messages.

11. Trump minus th money

Basically they are doing this as a replacement strategy to the "Live Chat" support for ban appeals, because those didn't work so well.

12. Default Re: New Support Forum

Worked well for some, but overall probably right.

13. Trump minus th money

No I mean... They literally cancelled the Live Chat support for ban appeals. If you try to select ban appeals in the Live Chat it'll tell you to make a post on the forums instead.

14. Default Re: New Support Forum

Ohhh I guess they decided to stop unbanning the multitude of hackers x3

I mean it definitely is a problem if you have so many tickets on being stuck/banned for whatever reason. Why exactly is there such an amount in the first place?

15. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

What's the difference?

What matters is the "investigation" that the GM on ban-appeal duty does, not whether they do it as a result of chat request or forum request.

16. Default Re: New Support Forum

That's true, I've seen a few GMs on duty for the tickets. I'm going to make a big assumption it isn't the ones that aren't terrible at investigating.