1. Monster Truck Tire Straight Male
    IGN: Triggernometry
    Server: Supports
    Job: TeamSecret
    Guild: BigDaddy<3

Default Do you have "owned but unplayed" games in your computer?

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2014/0...games/#image-2

2. Default Re: Do you have "owned but unplayed" games in your computer?

I have played 3 out of the 5 games I own on Steam. I got them all for free or less than $5.

3. Default Re: Do you have "owned but unplayed" games in your computer?

I play them a lot after buying them but unless they can keep my attention I just leave them there forever. Dota takes most of my attention anyway.
    So no, I don't own any games I haven't played.

4. Default Re: Do you have "owned but unplayed" games in your computer?

I don't get a chance to play on my computer anymore. I have two on there that I completely forgot about.

5. Flatpanel TV
    IGN: HarbingerLey
    Server: Mardia
    Level: 203
    Job: Demon Slayer
    Guild: [L]ittleBusters
    Farm: Dominion
    usa

Default Re: Do you have "owned but unplayed" games in your computer?

60% of my library is unplayed, but of course mostly bundles. I'd rather own a game and not have played it yet then have to wait to save money for a console game at MSRP(most of the time)

6. Default Re: Do you have "owned but unplayed" games in your computer?

This isn't new. Anyone who has a Steam account and participates in sales knows their backlog well.

When you have 200+ games it's certain you haven't played all of them. Humble Bundles and Steam sales add up, because hey, it's so cheap it's practically a crime not to throw that money away.

7. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    IGN: Musiphe
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 277
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Epic
    Alliance: Fatal
    Colorado

About 30 or so of my 77 Steam games are under the "Haven't played / started" category. It's been like that for months since I've been more focused on my console backlog over computer backlog.

Obviously steam sales / bundles are the culprit.

8. Default Re: Do you have "owned but unplayed" games in your computer?

...I have 400 games on steam, and I've probably "played" half, but actually beaten maybe five percent.

9. Default Re: Do you have "owned but unplayed" games in your computer?

My backlog taunts me at night.

But to be fair a lot of it is Bundle games I would have never purchased or played anyway, but were with another bundle game and I'd mind as well use the key because otherwise it will just rot.

10. I've got no strings Straight Male
    IGN: Ryukiro
    Server: Scania
    Level: 183
    Job: Night Lord
    Guild: Vigilante
    Alliance: Lore
    North_Carolina

I don't spend as much as my time on PC gaming as I should and I'm usually very careful about Steam sales so my library isn't as big as most but I do have 8 out of 26 games unplayed(30.7%). I will end up catching up my backlog though eventually.

11. Default Re: Do you have "owned but unplayed" games in your computer?

I'm working through my backlog and i don't actually buy more games nowadays, maybe one or two every 3-4 months.

A lot of it is because i buy a bundle for one or two games and i get 8 other games that i'm not too interested in. So many pomegranatety indie-games i have no interest in.

12. Default Re: Do you have "owned but unplayed" games in your computer?

I have 6 games on Steam, I've played all of them and completed 4. :c

13. Default Re: Do you have "owned but unplayed" games in your computer?

Hell forget Steam, I have like a 50+ console game backlog.

14. Default Re: Do you have "owned but unplayed" games in your computer?

Every game I own I've at the very least beat the storyline, majority I have at least 90% if not fully completed, but my steam has like 20 games maximum

15. Default Re: Do you have "owned but unplayed" games in your computer?

Out of the now 152 games I have on Steam, I think I'm about average, I've probably played about 50-60% of them at least once.

16. Default Re: Do you have "owned but unplayed" games in your computer?

Out of the 113 I own, about 63 I haven't played on steam (about 10 of which I have played on my phone through humble bundle, however). Of the 50 I have played, I'd say only like ~20 I've actually gotten around to beating (if there is an end-game).

Consoles and handhelds, on the other hand, I probably have about the same number of games - for the sake of simplicity - and have played 99% of them (probably all but 1~2) and beaten 95% of them.

17. Default Re: Do you have "owned but unplayed" games in your computer?

I don't play certain games because my computer sucks and cannot handle the graphics (example: Bioshock Infinite, Spec ops the line, etc.) I do want to play it, but the great thing about steam is that it's your games forever, so when I make enough money to make a computer, I can eventually play it. For now, I'm collecting great games at a discount (cause PC digital sales are amazing) and awaiting my future computer.