Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default After MS2 comes out...

Hey guys,

After Maplestory 2 comes out, is Maplestory going to die?

To be honest, I was discussing this with my friend the other day and he believes that it's rather Maplestory 2 that's gonna take a hit. Think about it, Maplestory has a unique point of sale which is the fact that it's 2D. 3D MMOrpgs are everywhere.

So, do you think that maplestory is going to die once MS2 comes out? I'm thinking about starting MS again after a break, and I don't wanna play a game that's gonna die in one year.

Thanks!

M333m0ry

2. I post a lot Bi Male
    IGN: ZesseiBijin
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Kanna
    Guild: NEST
    Farm: Razmosia
    uk

Default Re: After MS2 comes out...

I very much doubt it. Maplestory 2 is being created by an entirely different team.

3. Default Re: After MS2 comes out...

Not at all.
    I actually got the feeling ms 2 will fail.
    Only time will tell tho.

4. Monster Truck Tire Straight Male
    IGN: Triggernometry
    Server: Supports
    Job: TeamSecret
    Guild: BigDaddy<3

Have you seen how Ragnarok died after Ragnarok 2 came out? No? That's because it hasn't. Same thing here.
    The >20,000 people playing this daily will keep this game alive for a while.

5. Default Re: After MS2 comes out...

Probably not. Besides the fact that it won't be coming here for quite a while, it would probably have somewhat different player bases too. Its a different type of game.

6. Default Re: After MS2 comes out...

Honestly I dont think MS2 will have much impact on MS1 player base. Me and many of my friends still play MS1 because of its unique 2D side scrolling feature and if we wanted to play 3D MMORPG, we would've played WoW or Tera.

7. Electron Male
    IGN: MClass
    Server: Scania
    Level: 215
    Job: Bowmaster
    Guild: Aquarium
    Alliance: Legacy
    Illinois

Exactly my thoughts as well, if I wanted a 3D game, I would of picked one up instead of MS back when I first started playing.

8. Default Re: After MS2 comes out...

Maplestory 1 is already a sinking ship. It will die out eventually regardless of MS2..

9. Default Re: After MS2 comes out...

It just depends on how good MS2 is compared to MS1.

10. Default Re: After MS2 comes out...

I'm hoping MS1 is dead/almost dead by the time MS2 comes out.

11. Default Re: After MS2 comes out...

Both will exist side by side for a while until costs exceed income for MS1. Pure speculation though.

12. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

How is that speculation? It's not like that hasn't happened before to others.

13. Electron Male
    IGN: Auguro
    Server: Broa
    Level: 150
    Job: Hayato
    Guild: Nintendo
    Alliance: SmashBros
    Farm: Impleton
    usa

I think that Maple Story 2 and Maple Story 1 will be alright. The people heading to maple 2 will most likely come from Maple 1, and since both are Nexon, then Nexon will still get the money it needs to keep both games open. Right now Maple 1 is riddled with hackers, having half of them move to maple 2 and away from Maple 1 will help the GMs of Maple 1 out a bit on getting rid of the ones that linger in Maple 1. If Nexon acquires more staff to deal with the load of both games, then more players would join making Nexon more money.

I just hope Nexon handles Maple 2 with care and strict punishment for those who don't follow the rules.

But a player can dream though, a player can dream...

14. Default Re: After MS2 comes out...

So many MS1 die hards still alive.

I am keeping myself informed as much as I can on MS2 and will definitely be giving it a try as soon as I can. I know there are a lot of 3D games out there, but MS1 only catching trait wasn't the 2D but also the... art design? I'm talkng about the chibiness or the childish world design aswell as the gameplay. Sure MS1 is unique being a 2D platformer, but there's no other word to describe it right now other than "rotten", with all the holes in its coding constantly being exploited and the complete focus on pushing the damage limits to obligate the players to spend money.

I totally wish all success to MS2 and you can criticize me all you want but I hope it "HELPS" on killing MS1, say help because its killing itself already without other game's assistance.

15. Monster Truck Tire Straight Male
    IGN: Triggernometry
    Server: Supports
    Job: TeamSecret
    Guild: BigDaddy<3

That's... not how it works...
    But yeah I will repeat myself with other words:
    As long as the whale players keep playing MS1 (which I hardly doubt they are gonna drop a game they have spent so much money on it), MS1 will be fine.

16. Default Re: After MS2 comes out...

why?

17. Default Re: After MS2 comes out...

Nah it won't. Maplestory 1 has tons of life left in it. Me personally? I can think of about 5 new areas that can be added to already existing areas. They can also add more to the Dimensional Library with other past stories. MS1 has a lot of life left in it.

18. Default Re: After MS2 comes out...

How about...

we wait until the game is actually released?

19. Polar Bear Gay Male
    IGN: danielcatu
    Server: yellonde
    Level: 121
    Job: Wind Archer
    Guild: Vendetta
    Farm: 765pro
    chile

maplestory has something others MMO don't have(related to its gameplay)... that's what it will keep it alive for more time...

20. Default Re: After MS2 comes out...

no one will really know until gameplay is revealed , and the game is released.

Maples number of players have went down over the past 5 years ,
    But money numbers have went up .. Less people are spending more money on NX/Karma Koin and such

but obviously the player number is very low now, so for the past year ish has been really bad for maplestory

Maplestory 2 is gonna be rejuvenation, people are going to want to play to be the first people on the game.. I'm excited about the game release and I can see a big number of players at the start,
    It`ll just get more people over the course of the startup I can easily see 5,000+ on the first day alone possibly 20,000 in the first couple weeks easily