Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Default Re: KMST 1.2.501 - Cygnus Update

Dragon Slave? Lina Inverse?

Evan's Soul Stone + Bishop's Heaven's Door (Don't think ress is counted for this one as you still have to be alive to cast it)

2. Default Re: KMST 1.2.501 - Cygnus Update

DrK's Final Pact or whatever it's called, if that counts

3. Default Re: KMST 1.2.501 - Cygnus Update

Obviously, but which classes and by how much no one knows, because it's not even something that's really happening.

The second one looks really nice. What's the cooldown on the second one?

4. Default Re: KMST 1.2.501 - Cygnus Update

Cooldown time of Dragon Slave is 90 seconds.

5. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Default Re: KMST 1.2.501 - Cygnus Update

Dragon slave + 4 fire orbs sounds delicious

6. Default Re: KMST 1.2.501 - Cygnus Update

oh noes, another asura copy

7. Default Re: KMST 1.2.501 - Cygnus Update

The thing works nothing like Asura.

8. Default Re: KMST 1.2.501 - Cygnus Update

who's talking about howw it works?

9. Default Re: KMST 1.2.501 - Cygnus Update

... You?

I assumed that's what you meant when you said it was a copy of Asura.

10. Default Re: KMST 1.2.501 - Cygnus Update

Well it certainly doesn't look like Asura. What else could you have meant?

11. Default Re: KMST 1.2.501 - Cygnus Update

In his defense, it's keydown skill allows movement, hits multiple mobs, and does 3 lines of 500% damage with a 10 second duration and a 90 second cooldown. I thought it was Asura too when I first read about it. The main difference is that this move hits infront instead of around and it doesn't seem possible to jump/FJ during this.

12. Default Re: KMST 1.2.501 - Cygnus Update

I mean, Its a burst dmg skill that last 10-15 seconds with 90 secs CD (and I will assume, it also makes you invinsible while using it)

like asura and eunwol's hyper...

I mean its not the same, but works with the same purpose.. even tho, these have different animations..

13. Default Re: KMST 1.2.501 - Cygnus Update

so basically a movable cannoneer's hyper?

14. Default Re: KMST 1.2.501 - Cygnus Update

Well dam, I was not ready for this amount of epicness.

15. Default Re: KMST 1.2.501 - Cygnus Update

This, too.

Because you can't stop the Batman!

16. Default Re: KMST 1.2.501 - Cygnus Update

So basically it has similarities and differences. I mean, there's a point where you can't be completely original on everything... It's 100% pointless nitpicking and saying it's similar to another skill. It's pretty much a given that things are going to be similar. It's all about execution. I think the Night Walker, while similar to Night Lords, have their own unique characteristics, and I'm really impressed by their Shadow Partner.

17. Default Re: KMST 1.2.501 - Cygnus Update

Of course. It's just that when a skill has the exact same damage, number of hits, delay, duration, and cooldown as another skill (or 2 if we include cannon shooter's hyper) it comes across as lazy design. The rest of the skills are quite interesting, especially orbital flame. I'd like to see more attacks that can be aimed.

As for NW, I was already contemplating funding a NL, but I think I'll go with NW instead. I love all these new final attack-esque skills and NW seems to to able to abuse his fairly well as shadow partner attacks seperately. If the last hit of penta throw can proc the bats seperately as well then NW could have 4 chances to proc FA per throw. The class seems to have terrible mobbing ability though, so IDK if I'll be able to get it to 200 in a decent amount of time. Training this thing is gonna be hell before level 150 :(

18. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Default Re: KMST 1.2.501 - Cygnus Update

The new shadow partner allows you to mow down mobs so easily though. If you ohko or 2hko then the rest of the throws of shadow partner (if you have 3 up) should continue and get you started on the next mob. It's the closest thing to "star hurricane" i think that we'll get. Plus the thing that moves to mobs gives you incredible map coverage like luminous and NLs have.

19. Default Re: KMST 1.2.501 - Cygnus Update

I don't particularly like that the final star in Sextuple/Quintuple/Quadruple/whatever Throw just goes completely horizontally, despite the fact that the other stars all 'target' one mob, but otherwise I think Night Walker looks really cool. I figured eventually Night Lords would get a throwing star version of Hurricane but this is pretty much it, and I hope all new iterations (at least, Thief versions) of Shadow Partner use this concept instead of the current one. It looks a lot cooler than 10+ lines of damage all over everything.

and that Blaze Wizard hyper thing is basically Asura, but I don't think that's necessarily a problem. It's a pretty good design for a skill.

20. Default Re: KMST 1.2.501 - Cygnus Update

I'd be more worried about the lag, seeing how graphic intensive their skills are....