Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Default Marvel Cinematic Universe thread [SPOILERS]

@Jon requested it and so he shall have one.

Trouble is, I can't fill an entire intro post about an entire movie universe for some reason. So let's start off with this:

I saw this today. It was pretty pineappleing great.

Discus.

SPOILER WARNING: Um... spoilers. For the entire MCU up to date. You've been warned. No spoilers in this post but you can expect some starting.....

NOW!

Spoiler warning in effect for the bolded, and warning that future entries might be discussed:
    EntryYear(s)
    Iron Man2008
    The Incredible Hulk2008
    Iron Man 22010
    Thor2011
    Captain America: The First Avenger2011
    Marvel's The Avengers2012
    Iron Man 32013
    Thor: The Dark World2013
    Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.2013 -
    Captain America: The Winter Soldier2014
    Guardians of the Galaxy2014
    Avengers: Age of Ultron2015

I just got home from seeing Capt. America and I'm still collecting my thoughts. I'm also two weeks behind on SHIELD, but thats gonna be fixed tonight. So pineappleing excited for what's to come.
    Last edited by Jedward; 2014-08-02 at 09:34 AM.

2. In my dreams... Gay Male
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 215
    Job: Hoyoung
    Guild: HROMATICUSSY
    Alliance: KATYPERRY
    California

Default Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe thread [SPOILERS]

Aaaaa so good!

Agents of SHIELD + CA:TWS spoilers

3. Desk Straight Male
    IGN: NatsuEliseo
    Server: Galicia
    Level: 206
    Job: Evan
    Guild: Exploited
    Alliance: Family
    Farm: StarWars
    mexico

SO! Anyone has a theory about Avengers 2?

Hawkeye inside H.Y.D.R.A. and he frees the twins? Stark and Banner replacing the need of the avengers and S.H.I.E.L.D. end up in the creation of ULTRON?

4. Default Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe thread [SPOILERS]

Winter Soldier spoilers

Agents of SHIELD + Winter Soldier spoilers

IN ALL SERIOUSNESS IF YOU WATCH AGENTS OF SHIELD YOU NEED TO SEE /* CAPTAIN AMERICA 2 */ FIRST
    Last edited by Jedward; 2014-04-09 at 12:42 AM.

5. Default Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe thread [SPOILERS]

Winter Soldier is a GREAT movie on its own. I'd put it on par or just below the first Ironman (one of my favorite comic book movies ever). The Movie/TV show tie ins were also great and I can't wait for tonite's episode. Also can't wait for Guardians of the Galaxy. It looks amazing already and with Marvel behind it, I think it could be an unexpectedly impressive movie.

6. Default Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe thread [SPOILERS]

pomegranate, I didn't realize it was out, this is what I get for blocking/skipping adds. I guess I know what I'm doing this weekend.

7. I post a lot Bi Male
    IGN: ZesseiBijin
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Kanna
    Guild: NEST
    Farm: Razmosia
    uk

What a trainwreck of a movie.

I must admit, I hated the Thor films, hated the Iron Man films, hated the Captain America films, yet loved The Avengers. That must be the power of Joss Whedon I guess.

Looking forward to seeing Scarlet Witch in Avengers 2, I hope they include Miss Marvel too.

8. Default Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe thread [SPOILERS]

Josh whedon isn't much different in writing style to any of the other films in the second wave, at the very least.

If you're going for an intelligent, hell, even fully plot coherent film, where you don't have to suspend your disbelief and accept stuff because *technobabble and/or magic* superhero movies were never the right choice anyway.
    Most of them are good movies for what they are.

9. Can of Soup Straight Male
    IGN: chicoran
    Server: Bera
    Level: 200
    Job: Aran IV
    Guild: Risk
    Alliance: Bastion
    venezuela

So, I just came from Watching Cap. America 2:

Agents of shield spoiler:

Spoiler

Cap 2 Spoiler:
    Spoiler

Also, the Civil war is coming!. But I wonder who will be our POV Character if it isn't our friendly neighbor spiderman.

10. Default Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe thread [SPOILERS]

No one's watched Amazing Spiderman 2 yet?

11. Default Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe thread [SPOILERS]

People probably have, but it's not part of the marvel cinematic universe. The spiderman films are a sony property until such time as they let the license expire or sell it back to marvel.

12. Can of Soup Straight Male
    venezuela

I did, but it's SONY not marvel.

13. Default Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe thread [SPOILERS]

The DEMOCRACY and FREEDOM speeches from Captain America brought a tear to my eye. 10/10.

Not too keen on Guardians of the Galaxy. Looking forward to seeing James Spader as Ultron though. That is going to be badass.

14. Can of Soup Straight Male
    venezuela

I wanna see Guardians of the Galaxy but they blocked it already thanks to president Chavez appearing in Capt. America 2 (It was in the movies' webpage until they released capt. america 2, also I called and they told me that they have no intention to bring it to Venezuela).

15. Default Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe thread [SPOILERS]

I don't care for Guardians of the Galaxy based on the trailers relying on crude humour (and the whole bunch of D list marvel characters thing). I'll probably read a summary of what happens because it's probably going to have ramifications on the whole infinity gems/thanos thing seeing as the collector guy is apparently trying to collect them for thanos, but I still don't care enough to watch it.

Can't quite believe they're starting off phase 3 of the films with "Ant-Man" either.

16. Default Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe thread [SPOILERS]

I'm excited to learn how well Guardians does. The studio made Thor into a hundreds of millions dollar movie, so I want to see how they do with a truly obscure group of comic characters. I'm excited mostly because if this succeeds, there is basically no limit to what Marvel can do next. I'm really hoping for a Captain Marvel movie

17. Default Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe thread [SPOILERS]

Guardians is going to be awesome and I can't wait to see how they appear in the Avengers 2 movie.

Marvel has everything planned out.. wouldn't be surprised if they have the vision of Captain America 4-5 set in place (2 was amazing.. beat Iron man 1 for me personally)

18. Default Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe thread [SPOILERS]

The guardians aren't going to be in Avengers 2 except maybe the post credit teaser. No-one can be sure of what marvel are planning beyond captain america 3/avengers 3, because that's all Chris evans is contracted for. He's actuall yon record saying he doesn't want to act anymore once his contract is up, and wants to try directing.

They'll either have to reboot it or possibly taking a lead from one comicbook storyline have bucky become the new captain america.

It's unlikely they are going to have the same actors for much longer, because Mahval likes cheap actors. And seeing as they weren't even sure if they were going to get RDJ back to play Iron man for Avengers 2 for a while since he was only contracted for 4 films that ended at Iron man 3, and were considering "doing a James Bond" with the character, literally anyone could get the chop at any point where a contract expires.

19. Can of Soup Straight Male
    venezuela

Agents of shield got a second season and Agent Carter (new tv series) will be in the middle of AOS Season 2 (in the 3 months break).