Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: [TV Shows] Game of Thrones season 4

1. Default Re: Game of Thrones season 4

It was decent imo.
    It was just a full episode of 1 story line.
    Like usually they show a lil of everyone.
    The fight in general felt a bit underwhelming...
    I liked what they did with the /* giants */ tho...

2. Default Re: Game of Thrones season 4

I wasn't going to say it because I thought it was only one that thought this episode was wasted time but with so many whining about it can I remind you guys that the show is crawling to the last books at an insane speed, this kind of episodes will become more and more common as the show gets near the last book(hopefully we wont have to deal with fillers as naruto fans have to).

3. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Default Re: Game of Thrones season 4

Absolutely not. Game of thrones is one of the most lucrative shows on television right now with viewer counts almost surpassing some of the highest viewed events in history. As popular as naruto is, it doesn't have the kind of quality that game of thrones has which can EASILY be ruined by filler and is more malleable as a series which allows it to be useful for making filler episodes. There is noooo way that producers are going to ruin their ratings by throwing in stupid s'hit like fillers.

4. I post a lot Bi Male
    IGN: ZesseiBijin
    Level: 204
    Job: Kanna
    Guild: NEST
    Farm: Razmosia
    uk

They already kind of are doing with the Missandei/Grey Worm romance bullpomegranate.
    Then again, some of the filler they are adding is actually quite beneficial, like the Crastor's Keep storyline with Bran and Jon, which was pretty interesting. I hope they continue to give Bran more filler stuff.

They might even show what's happening to Rickon and Osha.

5. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Maybe i just don't know what fillers are (in more ways than one).

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=filler

"It is a common misconception that "fillers" are only used to refer to entire non-canonical episodes." I suppose that applies to me. Didn't occur to me that filler can occur in tandem with content that is relevant to the actual story, as well as the fact that i couldn't recognize whether bits of filler is actually relevant because i didn't read the books. Wouldn't the bit involving the white walkers that we haven't seen in the books technically be filler though? Because we haven't seen that (yet) in the books?

Still, i don't think the producers are stupid enough to make entire filler episodes given the risk involved in doing so.

6. Default Re: Game of Thrones season 4

I HATED how much time was wasted with that in that episode. That was like 10-15 minutes of wasted time.
    Been wondering about them myself this season.

As it is the episodes this season have all been shorter than usual. All of them are 50-55 minutes. There were multiple episodes last season that broke the 60 minute mark. They're clearly trying to slow down without slowing down too much.

As for Episode 9...I liked that everything was about the Battle at the Wall. There was way too little with that going on this season. I mean, all kinds of things happened everywhere else, yet at the Wall it felt like a standstill with Jon going, "They're coming! I tell you, they're coming! We better watch out! They're coming! A Hundred Thousand strong, man! We gotta do something! They're coming!" It really feels like something actually happened up there this season with that episode devoted to it.

That aside, I liked what they did with the Giants and the Mammoth, but I was kinda disappointed there was a grand total of two Giants and one Mammoth on the screen. The way I was told the battle went gave me the impression that there were A LOT of both, but even with the large overhead shot you only saw a ton of regular people.

Although, that long shot near the end, that had the camera go full circle around the keep and you see everyone fighting at once was impressive. I wonder how much editing that shot required (besides special effects). If it's none, wow.

7. Default Re: Game of Thrones season 4

Finale tonight aaaaaaah it will be the best episode ever!

8. Default Re: Game of Thrones season 4

Well that ending was MEH.

9. Default Re: Game of Thrones season 4

It was a good episode, some things weren't like I imagined they would be. But my biggest complaint and something I didn't believe they would even think about skipping is (book spoilers):
    Spoiler

10. Default Re: Game of Thrones season 4

S4E10

11. Default Re: Game of Thrones season 4

Spoiler

12. I post a lot Bi Male
    IGN: ZesseiBijin
    Level: 204
    Job: Kanna
    Guild: NEST
    Farm: Razmosia