Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Post Boss Arena Discussion

Things in Boss Arena are very difficult to understand and play,

Lag (can be fixed).
    Disconnects (can be fixed).
    Crashes.
    Skill bug (can't use skills in some matches).
    There's no fair draw, you'll always lose if you're higher level if nobody kill anyone for example.
    It's nearly impossible to complete the 15 deaths.

Exploits for example, if you use a bishop and you're lower than your opponent in level, all you have to do is to survive without being killed which is pretty easy as a bishop or a job with heal + good resistance since bosses are too slow, run and win, psh.

This system is a good idea and fun but very bad made, (I don't care about pay to win since a lot of weaker maplers won me, in special certain jobs), It's just very unbalanced, at least there should be draw no matter what level you and your opponent is.

Share your experiences in Boss Arena,
    how many wins do you have?
    how many times have you lose?

2. Default Re: Boss Arena Discussion

Game always crashes no matter what I do

3. ᗧ · · · ᗣ · · · ᗣ ᗣ Straight Male
    IGN: Helsinki
    Server: MYBCKN
    Level: 220
    Job: Aran
    Guild: Friends
    Alliance: Unbreakable
    finland

Default Re: Boss Arena Discussion

I'm not so sure about how they determine the winner. I certainly never win if I die 10 times...

Another thing wrong there is that I should have at least 1 touch score if not 2...

4. Default Re: Boss Arena Discussion

One time I managed to kill all 15 lives as the Empress.

5. ᗧ · · · ᗣ · · · ᗣ ᗣ Straight Male
    finland

Family: Calm down dude, why are you smashing your keyboard...
    Me: Just trying to get a skill work here ;_;

6. Default Re: Boss Arena Discussion

I think the bosses need to be balanced out. Playing against Dragon Rider is so very boring.

I think it factors in the amount of damage you dealt to the boss as well, but I don't know.

7. Electron Straight Male
    IGN: ImCensored
    Server: Bera
    Level: 232
    Job: Dark Knight
    Guild: EvoLovE
    Alliance: LessThan3
    Farm: Pickle
    canada

5 wins 1 loss. Safe to say that there are certain classes that have an advantage (AHEM THIEVES AHEM)
    Also, for dark knights, if you use beholden/er, and die, once you respawn, it goes away. The skill still appears to be in effect, but the animation dissappears until you recast, so you can't consume it to go into sacrafice mode. Pretty annoying imo.

8. I post a lot Bi Male
    IGN: ZesseiBijin
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Kanna
    Guild: NEST
    Farm: Razmosia
    uk

Finding it quite fun so far. Everyone underestimates the Kanna. (in my first match, the other guy was like "oh no, a Kanna, whatever am I to do?" I totally kicked his ass)

Having 2 separate ways to heal myself, a movement skill and a bind makes it pretty much a breeze. it's so much fun binding the opponent and then just whaling on them while they are shouting obscenities at me. hehe.

Only used the Cygnus boss so far, but she is by far the most powerful i've encountered. I fought a Zero who was extremely rude and managed to kill them all 15 times. and they barely dented my HP.

Won every match so far.

9. Default Re: Boss Arena Discussion

I don't think many people quite grasp how tanky Kanna can be.

10. Default Re: Boss Arena Discussion

I somehow beat a Luminous (had to spam stun and the eye lasers on von leon) but I only got him 5 times. I got called a noob for running around the map avoiding his empress's attacks.

11. I post a lot Bi Male
    IGN: ZesseiBijin
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Kanna
    Guild: NEST
    Farm: Razmosia
    uk

Indeed, and the bosses attack so infrequently that Foxfire has chance to recharge. So it's very rare for me to even be hit, and stuff like Cygnus's tornado is constantly cancelled out whenever it hits.

Stuff like this, and any grinding (Kishin Shoukan is boss) make me really glad I mained Kanna.

12. ᗧ · · · ᗣ · · · ᗣ ᗣ Straight Male
    finland

Nowadays, if I get a healing job (Bishop, Lumi, Phantom, Kanna, Bowmen) against me, I just close the client before the game begins Don't lose any ratio and I can get easy clean emblems.

Sorry I'm not sorry

13. Desk Straight Male
    IGN: NatsuEliseo
    Server: Galicia
    Level: 206
    Job: Evan
    Guild: Exploited
    Alliance: Family
    Farm: StarWars
    mexico

Healing job means Magnus, I love zombify, well, except for Kanna, that class is horrible to fight against.

14. Default Re: Boss Arena Discussion

character class skills are ridiculously unbalanced.
    you'd have classes who can use their self heal, and some who can't.
    you'd have some classes who can use their bind, and some who can't.
    lets have some consistency.

run and avoid damage tactics for high mobility classes is all that is required to solidfy wins.
    the only people who can draw a win are those who have incredibly funded characters.
    don't get me wrong, i'm not against the pay-to-win aspect, because ultimately it comes down to hard work, either work incredibly hard in game, or work off-game.
    but I don't think boss arena is supposed to be a battle of attrition. and it comes down to the bosses themselves being so laggy to use that they're almost entirely useless.

most people I know just did the ten battles, got their emblem, and called it a day.

15. Default Re: Boss Arena Discussion

I've done two so far and will never touch it again.. Doing another 8 will make me honestly go bonkers.

16. Default Re: Boss Arena Discussion

Bishop the worst job I ever seen probably next to paladin. Any regular boss? heal spam. Magnus with zombify? Angel ray and drain back all the hp you could possibly deal to the bishop plus heaven's door if you even had god's luck in taking out all that hp =_=. What the F... can't even do nothing lol. Only way you could win like that is trying for seduce/stun combos and hope to god you don't lag much and all your good attacks in. Funniest part about seduce? -sec potentials and sets actually work on them.

17. Default Re: Boss Arena Discussion

@Satellite

Hate people like you SOOOOOOO MUCH

Omg. I just want my 1550 emblem and scrubs close maple. I actually main kanna and it's been a hard road funding just to have some herpderp job like phantom or drk close client on me. Not saying you're one of those jobs but you are one of those client closers. There's been plenty of individuals who have killed me. Kanna is not deathproof.

Want to kill kanna? Use Ani or Dragonoir.

On a separate note, I love when people use empress. As a kanna, none of the seduce or transform skills work on me once I cast Haku so I just stand right on empress so she cant fireball me. For magnus, haku somehow nullifies his dash so that's easy as well. I feel ani is the best way to deal with a kanna or healing class. They most likely cannot kill the boss anyway and are runners so the sound wave + fire combo does them in. Certainly did me in...

18. Default Re: Boss Arena Discussion

Made it to - I think is - rank B. I do win alot but Boss Arena is still way too buggy for me to really enjoy it, my bosses move very slowly and I have to button spam attacks and buffs to cast them.

19. Default Re: Boss Arena Discussion

hmm, my experience so far as a paladin has been pretty good i guess. 24 matches 22 wins, the 2 i lost was from dcing although i was winning

Idk why, but ppl like to stick alot to empress, i find her the easiest out of the bosses, hardest being magnus for me. Also take into account room space, in very small rooms magnus is very unbalanced as his dash attack can nearly hit the entire range like ani map or arky.

Empress is the worst in horntail stage, her gene and tornados are very spread out, and there very easy to dodge

dragon rider is a joke overall very bad boss

von leon, same as dragon rider

Akry~the one i use all the time, and my favorite, hes the one i win all my matches with(yes this means bishops/kannas as well(actually majority were bishops/kannas LOL))

ive yet to fight an ani actually

20. Donator Straight Female
    IGN: icephoenix21
    Server: Scania
    Level: 212
    Job: Bishop
    Guild: DremithCross
    Alliance: Evolution
    Farm: IcePhoenix
    canada

pvp was more balanced than this. bring it back please :(

That being said, I don't find it difficult to understand. However, I do agree that bishops are ridiculous in there. I try not to spam heal or whatnot, though.