Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Post Which UI should MapleStory use? i did a poll

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/L2C6XVY?nxid=6

---

Thread on the Nexon forums

Thread on Basilmarket

Copy pasted text from both threads because I don't want to type it out again:

There are a lot of posts across various forums arguing one way or another but I'd like to see some actual numbers based on which UI people prefer.

Personally, I'd like to see a new hybrid UI - I want the old inventory/equipment window/skill window back, but I want the current functionality of the character stat window (minimum & maximum critical damage, status resistance, stance rate and correct ignore DEF all displayed) INCLUDING the old total weapon/magic attack part, with the design of the old character stat window. I like most of the new functionality, but I don't like the new design.

Hope this is clear enough: vote whichever option you prefer, and give reasons for your decision in a post below. I didn't post this in an existing thread because I doubt many people would see it or take it seriously on the 16th page of an already busy thread.

Thanks for reading.

2. Default Re: Which UI should MapleStory use? i did a poll

I voted for the Unleashed UI because you could see everything just fine and most cubing/scrolling was eaiser to do then this one.

3. Default Re: Which UI should MapleStory use? i did a poll

I like the new ui.
    Scrolling goes so fast now.
    The only down side is that some people can't scroll gollux gear and the Stat ui doesn't show total att.

4. Default Re: Which UI should MapleStory use? i did a poll

Still like the new UI, though its technically even older for item inventory and skill menu. Skill menu I prefer the old. Item inventory I like the new and same for storage. New stat window works for me, maybe change a few lines like give back total att. The new equip menu is just too unnecessarily big. So my choice goes with a hybrid, unless I only had 2 choices then I would rather go with the new UI.

5. Default Re: Which UI should MapleStory use? i did a poll

I'd like to just say that people hate change. If u remember when we got the unleashed ui a lot of people were also upset about it, same as now. personally I love the new (kms) ui, with the exception of the world map and partly how skills were divided, I hated unleashed because it was far to bulky and over sized and I did not get the choice of only opening the windows I wanted, example: couldnt have just the equipment window open without inventory as well.

6. Default Re: Which UI should MapleStory use? i did a poll

there are nearly ten times as many people upset with this gui retrograde, than the number of people upset with unleashed gui.

7. Default Re: Which UI should MapleStory use? i did a poll

There's parts I like and parts I don't like with this new UI. The main things though are the organization of the equipment UI (a lot of it really makes no sense at all. I liked having all the "weapons" right next to eachother), the fact that we can't see our Att/M.Att in the stat window anymore (although I like the new stat window as a whole), and this new method of scrolling/cubing things. Aside from that I'm pretty happy with them this way. I was never a fan of the Unleashed-style inventory so having the old one back is the main thing I'm happy about, so based on that I voted for these new UIs.

8. Default Re: Which UI should MapleStory use? i did a poll

I don't miss a single part of Unleashed's UI other than Attack showing in the stat window. The skill window was only tolerable because it brought mass SP adding. Item inventory was functionally the same to me and the equipment window was only slightly nicer because it was a little less clustered.

[Citation needed]

9. Default Re: Which UI should MapleStory use? i did a poll

I like the current UI.

10. Default Re: Which UI should MapleStory use? i did a poll

Surveymonkey cuts off basic users after 100 responses, and this poll is now at 219...

Looks like the overwhelming majority prefers the old layout though, at 62%/22%/16% respectively.

11. Default Re: Which UI should MapleStory use? i did a poll

Skill: Prefer the Unleashed version. The Grand Athenaeum version (basically the original skill UI) threw away most of the things that were improved about the skill UI in unleashed, e.g. seeing prerequisites, being able to see (most) of your skills for a certain job at the same time without scrolling, and categorizing skills based on Active/Passive/etc. It's good that we don't have to add skill points individually, but the Unleashed version still trumps the GA version in every other way.
    Equip: I don't care strongly about either version. The color scheme and design of GA looks more updated (good), but it leaves out the totem slots on the outside and some of the item placements are kind of weird. It is also harder to see the potential rank of your items, as some other people have mentioned in a different thread, but that's a problem with the potential displaying system, not the equip UI itself. Overall, the rearrangement of item locations in equip UI is really just a matter of getting used to, which is why I don't mind the change.
    Stat: Other than wanting the ATT/MATT stat in the window also, just about everything else about the GA stat UI is better. I can also open the Stat window and the Inventory window at the same time again, yay!
    Inventory: Mixed feelings about the GA version. On one hand, I can now see all my items without scrolling. On the other hand, the inventory collapses frequently, which is annoying. Edit: I don't scroll often, so I forgot to comment about the new scrolling system, but I think the Unleashed version was better.
    Storage: New storage UI is better. Period.

12. Neon Atom
    IGN: Godtastik
    Server: Windia
    Level: 21x
    Job: Zero / CM
    Guild: Articulate
    Alliance: Notorious

Default Re: Which UI should MapleStory use? i did a poll

I like this KMS UI more, just need a little bit add-on to make it perfect. The old UI, especially the scrolling UI has a few things that I didn't really like. For example, we can't choose the scroll/cube that we want with the old UI. This is frustrating, because it (most of the time) use the newest one before the old one which is stupid (expiry date problem). You can choose easily which scroll/cube you want with this new UI.

Secondly, the old scrolling/cubing UI have this random stuck on processing. We can't do anything about it and need to 'end task' maple.exe. Another one is the old UI always scroll itself up if we scroll down the UI to search for scrolls/cubes. Not a major bug but such a major annoyance.

I like this KMS stats UI. Just need to add total ATT/MATT to it. Though, I wouldn't mind because imo its easier to calculate you total ATT (with the formula) than finding status resistance + true pdr + max/min crits. So I wouldn't trade all of those for total ATT. I do understand however some people may want it for easier/showoff reasons.

13. Default Re: Which UI should MapleStory use? i did a poll

I like the UI the way it is now. The Unleashed UI was disappointing to see implemented, because to me it looked like it was more of a work-in-progress. It looked messy here and there, like there should have been small changes made to clean it up, but months passed and it stayed the same. Another problem I had with it is how much space it takes up on the screen. Luckily, the laptop I use can use widescreen mode (1366x768) but I realize that the game still supports the basic 800x600 (or whatever, I forget) and the Unleashed UI tookover way too much of the screen for that screen resolution. The UI we have now is fine, it takes up little space, which means you can quickly open your skill/item window without having to stop somewhere to protect your character (which is something I hated doing once the Unleashed update happened). One huge issue I had with the Unleashed equipment window is that it shows your character in the middle of it. Normally, you'd think this would be some new feature, but to me it seemed very unnecessary. The character wouldn't change when you equipped something new, and it felt unneeded as you can already see your character onscreen at all times without a duplicate in your Equipment window. The new Equipment window is nice, it's small so you can open it without covering up too much of the screen and it's color coded (Accessories are blue, regular armor is grey, your weapons are dark grey, etc) which just looks nice and is semi-useful for scrolling. I also really like that it covers up the Second Pendant slot unless you actually have it unlocked, as that can be confusing for new players.

All in all, the my main thoughts about the UI is that Nexon had two choices:
    1. Update the Unleashed UI to clean it up, so that it doesn't look like someone's concept for what a new UI could have been.
    Or 2. Let KMS do the work, and stick with whatever changes KMS makes to the UI. That way it's ensured that it's at least of worthy quality.

Honestly though, some people seem to have liked Unleashed's UI, why not just have a toggle option for either, like with the Mini-map? That would make everyone happy.
    Though, even if they do this, I would hope they fix the problems with Unleashed's UI (Example: How the open-all key was a bit...buggy). Otherwise it would be a shame to see them attempt to bring back the low-quality Unleashed UI.

14. Default Re: Which UI should MapleStory use? i did a poll

Out of curiosity (because I don't play MS anymore), can I have a screenshot of the new UI with as many windows open as possible, so I can gain an idea of what may be good/bad about it? I'm curious to see how bad/good it is.

15. Default Re: Which UI should MapleStory use? i did a poll

...I never got why people are so upset with not being able to see how much Attack they have. Why does it even matter?

I prefer the current one because I play in 800x600 windowed, and the old UI took up a good 2/3rds or more of the screen with everything open. And I really don't care how much attack I have.

16. Default Re: Which UI should MapleStory use? i did a poll

Because how else are the children going to stroke their e-peens?

17. Default Re: Which UI should MapleStory use? i did a poll

Because once you pass 2mil - 2mil range you have no other means of determining what your 'real' damage range is, at least that's why I want it back. It's also just extremely frustrating that they'd remove that stat and instead show your damage range twice. How does that make sense?!

@Polantaris; http://grab.by/vAm0 & http://grab.by/vAm2 (first is expanded inventory, second is default)

World map also changed slightly, Pantheon used to be in a separate tab, but that isn't particularly noticeable: http://grab.by/vAmC

18. Default Re: Which UI should MapleStory use? i did a poll

Thank you.

Can you still add multiple points at once to a skill, or are we back to mass clicking? Same question with stats.

19. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Default Re: Which UI should MapleStory use? i did a poll

Personally I liked it because it makes it much easier to calculate "how many STR are worth 1 W.ATT?"

In the world map, I don't like that the up-arrow (to view entire region/world) is gone.

20. Default Re: Which UI should MapleStory use? i did a poll

We can still add multiple points to skills