IGN: VerrKol
    Server: Zenith
    Level: 204
    Job: Bowmaster
    Guild: LegacyReborn
    Farm: Kolville
    usa

Default Re: Which UI should MapleStory use? i did a poll

I found it very convenient for when I created damage calculators since I didn't have to manually add everything up whenever Jett's link rolled new stats. It also encouraged others to use my calculators since many of them were too lazy to actually add everything.

2. Default Re: Which UI should MapleStory use? i did a poll

1. I like being able to have all my windows separate.
    2. I like the Grand Athenaeum detail, but I like the old stat window better (but with all the detail). They could just consolidate these 2.

3. Default Re: Which UI should MapleStory use? i did a poll

Honestly, after seeing the new one and knowing that the ease functionality is still present...I think both of them are fine.

The Unleashed UI is fine for people who are using the larger resolutions, although I can understand the frustration if you're still using 800x600. It used a little too much empty whitespace, but overall I didn't really have a problem with it. This new UI looks like the old UI with the new skin.

It should just be an option. I don't get why they force people to choose when they went through the effort to make both. I doubt the files for the Unleashed one were removed from the game, either. There's nothing but a Option in the menus stopping them from letting people choose.

4. Default Re: Which UI should MapleStory use? i did a poll

They removed the BIGGEST 'ease of functionality' in the entire UI when they removed the ability to open all your windows with one key. So, no, that statement is incomplete at best.

5. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Honestly after screwing around with the new UI i like both equally. The old one had good features and layout, the new one has some better features and the gained functionality offsets the lost simplicity of skills being organized.

Also the equipment UI isn't actually as random as i ranted it to be. It actually does make sense, you just have to see it differently.

The only thing that needs to be changed in the new UI is the lack of the weapon attack stat and the removal of the two damage range fields, and that's two birds with one stone. Once that is fixed the new UI will be perfect in my mind.

However, now you can use tab to switch tabs in the inventory menu which you couldn't do if you used to open all windows up at once (because having more than one window with tabs makes the tab key do nothing because it can't choose which one you want to be tabbing through). Very very useful if you often use return scrolls or equip decent skills because if you're on a tab like cash shop or etc and you want to get to use or equip, you just have to hit tab once or twice instead of moving your mouse which is usually slower of an action.

6. Default Re: Which UI should MapleStory use? i did a poll

That functionality doesn't do anything for me, personally. Never will use it.

But, having 1 key to open my pertinent windows was massively useful since I could remove 3 other keys from my keyboard layout.

7. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

You say that until you get into the habit of doing it and realize how much faster it is. Regardless, it's about the trade offs. We lost this ability, here's what we got for that sacrifice.

Also i forgot to mention the equip upgrade UI is better imo compared to before. You can't see all of your options in a list nor can you skip past the scrolling animation (as far as i know), but you just have to click instead of drag and drop now and it looks simpler.

8. Deluxe Refrigerator Straight Male
    IGN: Blackraven16
    Level: 176
    Job: Fire/Posion
    Guild: Osomga
    usa

Never used the wole tab thing but I've always kept just my inv on a key due to not always wanting to open everything. Like that you couldat least free up one key

9. Neutron Straight Male
    IGN: Mundayo
    Job: Xenon
    Guild: Dojo
    Alliance: Calamity
    Farm: HappyPlaces
    canada

I wouldn't mind the new UI for the stat window if they only included the attack stat.

10. Electron Straight Male
    IGN: ImCensored
    Server: Bera
    Level: 232
    Job: Dark Knight
    Guild: EvoLovE
    Alliance: LessThan3
    Farm: Pickle
    canada

@Grimorel; yeah the attack stat was really useful. i miss it :(

11. Default Re: Which UI should MapleStory use? i did a poll

The "3 windows at once" thing would've been useful if it was better implemented.

Alas, it was not. Happy to see it gone. Yeah, I could've ignored it, but the fewer imperfections, the better.

12. Default Re: Which UI should MapleStory use? i did a poll

I honestly preferred the Unleashed UI because it looked a lot more simplistic.

13. Default Re: Which UI should MapleStory use? i did a poll

I preferred the one we lost after this update as the current one doesn't have that clean & advanced feeling to it at all.

14. Default Re: Which UI should MapleStory use? i did a poll

Could someone also upload an image of the current new Equip UI, especially with an android and pet in use? I'd like to see how different it looks.

15. Default Re: Which UI should MapleStory use? i did a poll

I don't have any pet equips, but I do have an android:

16. Default Re: Which UI should MapleStory use? i did a poll

A bit unrelated but I've been wondering, what's that 'Shop' button on the Android tab about?

17. Default Re: Which UI should MapleStory use? i did a poll

I prefer the skill window from the Unleashed UI to what we currently have, if nothing else. If they had to bring one thing back, I'd want it to be that.

18. Default Re: Which UI should MapleStory use? i did a poll

It is frustrating that I can't use tab to scroll through equip/cash/pet/ad tabs with the current UI