1. Default General & On-going Manga Thread

Well, I decided to create this thread for general manga discussion since I couldn't really find any good relevant ones. Anything from cancelled/incomplete, past completed to on-going series, recommendations and reviews, etc... ones that aren't particularly mainstream or already has a topic for them. Of course there will be spoilers here and there, so you know how it goes to avoid spoiling it for people that haven't read them yet.
    Anyway, to start a few:
    Liar Game

UQ Holder

2. Default Re: General & On-going Manga Thread

The breaker: NW

tower of god

3. Default Re: General & On-going Manga Thread

Terra Formars

4. Default Re: General & On-going Manga Thread

UQ Holder

5. Default Re: General & On-going Manga Thread

Seishun Pop! ended a day or so ago. Not really surprised by the ending, typical stuff.

6. Default Re: General & On-going Manga Thread

TWGOK 266

Tonari no seki-kun 50~51

Minamoto-kun monogatari 120

OPM 34.6

7. Default Re: General & On-going Manga Thread

I just noticed that Prison School has the Award Winning tag on Batoto. Damn.

8. Default Re: General & On-going Manga Thread

Started typesetting Schoolmate for 2Qscanlations. First time trying something like this so it probably isn't the best but someone had to do it.

Managed to get ch19 out in about 2 hours, hopefully quality is better.
    Last edited by Niernen; 2014-04-15 at 02:40 PM.

9. Default Re: General & On-going Manga Thread

Needs some polishing. Definitely better than most of the first-time typesetters I've tested, but in ch18 the same font was used for almost everything in the chapter. There's a guide on the RedHawk Scans' forum under Scanlator Tutorials for typesetting that I generally point my new typesetters at, so take a look at that.

Also, Schoolmate is most definitely not something I'd link to on Southperry, lol

Nisekoi 119

10. Default Re: General & On-going Manga Thread

Thanks, I'll take a look at that. Still need to grab some fonts too. And I din't link to ch19 directly for reasons.

Nisekoi: Pretty sure Raku was a keymaker as a kid and gave keys to all his friends as a kid. And then he told one of them that he will marry them if they keep the key, the rest overhear, and like most manga protagonists he has god awful memory of his childhood so he forgets the girl. I'm just waiting for a boy (or trap) to show up. Then again, at this point the girl could literally just buy a key and convince Raku that it was her that he gave the key to.

11. Default Re: General & On-going Manga Thread

TWGOK end

12. Default Re: General & On-going Manga Thread

Shokugeki no Soma

Nisekoi
    Last edited by Kubi; 2014-04-20 at 01:59 AM.

13. Default Re: General & On-going Manga Thread

Monster Musume No Iru Nichijou 24

Minamoto-kun monogatari 122

14. Default Re: General & On-going Manga Thread

tosh is a god tier artist.

Nisekoi

15. Default Re: General & On-going Manga Thread

@kubi (how to quote Dx)

I grew fond of LG's artstyle. Their exaggerated expressions are really amusing to watch, especially Nao's "EHHHHHHHH" or her screaming.
    Liar Game

Shokugeki no Soma

16. Default Re: General & On-going Manga Thread

Well yeah, Tosh is a god tier artist.
    But I guess part of the predictability of this manga is because it's more down to Earth. It seems the authors really tries hard to make it logically reasonable that would have obey real world physics in some manner; no supernatural stuff that needs another explanation... Though I'm still curious on how Souma made a detailed Gundam action figure thing out of a carrot ;d. Anyway, you can tell there's a lot of research that's put into it aside from the fact that the author is collaborating with a famous chef. The stuff they put in like odd foodgasms(?), the pacing, and detailed artwork would just make it more interesting to read. Characters are designed pretty well and fleshed/developing out at a decent pace imo. I'd think there would be a few that would annoy or charm you. There's a few tsundere types that makes it pretty funny.

I've read a lot of manga, but this feels like the few that doesn't try to 'waste panels' and stretch out the plot and suspense more than it needs to compared to like Bleach or something. I don't really mind the cliffhangers if that's to compensate for it though.
    Shokugeki no Soma