IGN: ZesseiBijin
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Kanna
    Guild: NEST
    Farm: Razmosia
    uk

Default Re: God's /not/ dead

I absolutely cringed reading that. Those kinds of films just reinforce the idea that Christians are being "discriminated" against (when it's the absolute complete opposite). A film about religion where the Atheist is the bad guy!, the good, hardworking christian boy convinces everyone else in his class (somehow) that God is real.

For a religion that goes on about agendas so much, they sure do love trying to get everyone to follow theirs.
    Also lol at the guys from Duck Dynasty making cameos, makes sense.

I have nothing against people believing what they want to believe, I just don't think they should try to indoctrinate other people into it. Organized religion is all about power, they pretty much run America as it is. It's ridiculous.

4. Default Re: God's /not/ dead

Think that's bad? Just google "Sharia Law take over USA/France/Germany", THE ONLY WAY TO FIGHT IS TO KEEP TO OUR CHRISTIAN VALUES.

@xparasite9;

...Is that a donut?

5. Default Re: God's /not/ dead

Well this was a total waste of time

6. Default Re: God's /not/ dead

8. Default Re: God's /not/ dead

Is that from V for vendetta?

9. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

if you have to ask you have to see it again.

10. Donator Straight Female
    IGN: icephoenix21
    Level: 212
    Job: Bishop
    Guild: DremithCross
    Alliance: Evolution
    Farm: IcePhoenix
    canada

I disagree. Christians, as well as many others who practice their beliefs are being discriminated against.
    Westboro could be a prime example of how people misconstrue Christianity, thus they tend to think that Christianity, as a whole, may be like that. That is discrimination.

I'm not defending the article by any means, but to say that Christians aren't being discriminated against is just ignorance.

11. the Immutable Neuter
    IGN: Stephen
    Server: U.S.A.
    Level: 25
    Job: Sailor
    Guild: USN
    Alliance: VAQ-141 Shadowhawks
    ireland

Zarathustra would like to say something with you.

12. Default Re: God's /not/ dead

You have to be joking. I mean you do realize that most of the greatest social hurdles that our generation (as you and I) have to face are completely paralyzed by something as petty and pathetic as religious beliefs?

Gay marriage? F`uck you, Jesus says no!
    Birth control? F`uck that, no sex before marriage! Girls need to control their hormones!

For fu`ck sake Iowa has a representative that believes God control the weathers. Let me repeat that, someone, who believes GOD controls the weather was elected into office. The discrimination that you're possibly suggesting that so many stupid zealots complain about is "oh, how dare you take the prayer out of the pentagon, BUT ALLOW MUSLIMS TO WEAR HATS. SEE, OBAMA IS A COMMUNIST".

It's not discrimination, it's the united states government trying to treat Christianity as a religion and not a constitution and doing what should have been done to begin with, removing it's influence from public affairs. It's like the argument of reverse racism, how the hell does the most dominate, most influential religion suffer from discrimination when it's used as the very backbone of our social politics?

13. I post a lot Bi Male
    IGN: ZesseiBijin
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Kanna
    Guild: NEST
    Farm: Razmosia
    uk

Ah, good point. I should have worded that better.
    Some of the more vocal and outspoken Christians do kinda take the stance of being a minority being discriminated against though, which as pointed out in the article isn't true (Which is what I meant, wording!)

Of course, what you are talking about there is stereotyping, which of course as you said is discrimination. The article and the film itself though was also stereotypical (in a harmful way) by portraying atheists as cold, unloving, greedy, selfish people, and portraying Muslims as extremist monsters. While it portrayed Christians, and people believing in God as better than them.

Discrimination goes both ways, and Christians dish out far more than they receive, in my opinion.

14. Donator Straight Female
    canada

Yeah, that was more my point than anything, it does go both ways.

That in and of itself is a discrimination. Some Christians are like that, not all. You should watch the movie, Prayers for Bobby. It would give good insight, and the film itself isn't bad. You took what I said and ran with it, per usual. I'm not going to get into a debate about it. Razmos understands the intent of my post, why don't you? Don't look so far into it.

15. Default Re: God's /not/ dead

How do you differentiate zealots and extremist nuts from regular Christians? I've heard of them in the news but in real life I have trouble knowing for sure.
    I don't know if I've been unlucky but the Christians I know, who aren't as loud and vocal about it, still believe the same stuff. The only thing they won't do is indoctrination, at least not with me, but they still oppose and interfere with political and social issues when their religious believes aren't taken into account.

16. Default Re: God's /not/ dead

Let me ask you this before you go jumping the gun on "YOU'RE DISCRIMINATING AGAINST ME BECAUSE NOT ALL CHRISTIANS BELIEVE IN BANNING GAY MARRIAGE"

Who the f`uck else opposes it and for what reason? Same question for contraceptives? Let me give you some perspective since you're kind of lacking it evidently.

That is the bible belt. That is almost 1/3 of our country. They aren't all KKK, they aren't all Westboro, but they all have one thing in common, they oppose those two things mentioned above based on their religious beliefs.

This is a graph of everywhere it is completely illegal. Any state that is red, means illegal. Yellow/red combinations are still pending.

Stating Christianity is literally paralyzing equal rights is not discrimination, it's a fact. Discrimination would be me assuming you feel the same way. Or any other christian on this forum for that matter, what doesn't make sense to me is based on this perspective actually backed up by fact, that the christian community feels discriminated for people making this assumption, when 1/3 of the country backs it up. Not only that but the laws to keep those from forcing their religious beliefs down their throat. Again, pentagon removing prayer is not discrimination as many have passionately declared.

edit: Actually this would be a case of prejudice, not discrimination, since the ruling religion in the United States is in fact Christian. So you didn't even use the right word e_e

Edit2: Another fun fact!

Ctrl+F Atheist/agnostic.

17. Donator Straight Female
    canada

18. Default Re: God's /not/ dead

I don't care if you want to debate about it, I'm correcting you, deal with it.

Honestly I'd be very surprised if you even had an argument. I'd just go skype call your parents, they'll feed your fallacy if you need that reinforcement.

19. Trump minus th money
    IGN: xparasite9
    Server: Windia
    Level: 250
    Job: I/L Archmage
    Guild: Aerial
    Alliance: N/A

And so does kami-sama, and so does Confucius, and so does Muhammad, and so on.
    Marriage is a religious institution that has also been treated as a legal one because, up until modern times, religion was law.
    If we've truly outgrown such silly superstitions, then why do we need to adhere to silly institutions of marriage?
    All of Asia, which isn't exactly filled with christians.

takes two to tango. plus I've never even witnessed any stigma attached to birth control. And if you've seen any prime-time television recently I think you'd find that there's not much stigma on fornication either. Some people just don't want to cover the cost of it. If I was an employer I know I wouldn't want to pay for it, just like I wouldn't want to pay for my employee's Dr. Scholls shoe inserts or

oh wait I've got a perfect anecdote here. Okay so your employee just loves walking into heated kilns. Now, this has absolutely nothing to do with his job, and he just does it as a sort of hobby. Just recently a law has been passed that requires that you to cover part of the cost of his fire proximity suit and its maintenance so he doesn't get burned for engaging in entirely avoidable risky behavior.

Sure thing. That would be "Buddhist", "Unaffiliated", and "Don't Know/Refused"

20. Donator Straight Female
    canada

So are you over Winnie yet?