Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Default Re: v.148 - Grand Athenaeum Update Notes

emblem is more important than my enjoyment.

2. Default Re: v.148 - Grand Athenaeum Update Notes

So far, the only thing about this patch that I can consider to be an update is that I need to update my password because I'm pretty sure someone broke into my account.

not like I play that much anymore anyway, but it's still the principle of the thing.

3. Default Re: v.148 - Grand Athenaeum Update Notes

There's no Maximum Critical Damage cap. It's just that Minimum can't exceed Maximum.

Something's up, though. NL's should have 45% Minimum/75% Maximum Critical Damage. I have a Critical Ring (10% Minimum), and S-Rank Hayato card (6% Minimum), so I should be at 61% Minimum/75% Maximum respectively, but the stat window displays 75% Minimum/76% Maximum. The other strange part is Self-SE giving off 1% Minimum in addition to the 15% Maximum Critical Damage.

4. Default Re: v.148 - Grand Athenaeum Update Notes

This is really strange...

Seems that extra minimum critical damage spills over into maximum critical damage when you have more min compared to max.

Unbuffed without Explorer's Critical Ring:
    41% min (20% base, 15% from Soul Shooter Expert, 6% from Hayato Card) and 50% max (50% base)

Unbuffed with Explorer's Critical Ring:
    50% min (20% base, 15% from Soul Shooter Expert, 6% from Hayato Card, 10% from Explorer's Critical Ring, missing 1%) and 51% max (50% base, 1% extra)

Decent Combat Orders without Explorer's Critical Ring, no other buffs:
    42% min (20% base, 16% from Soul Shooter Expert, 6% from Hayato Card) and 50% max (50% base)

Decent Combat Orders with Explorer's Critical Ring, no other buffs:
    50% min (20% base, 16% from Soul Shooter Expert, 6% from Hayato Card, missing 2%) and 52% max (50% base, 2% extra)

Everything kind of fixes itself when I cast Star Gazer (31% min, 62% max).

Decent Combat Orders with Explorer's Critical Ring and Star Gazer:
    83% min (20% base, 16% from Soul Shooter Expert, 6% from Hayato Card, 31% from Star Gazer) and 112% max (50% base, 62% from Star Gazer)

I wonder what happened.

5. Default Re: v.148 - Grand Athenaeum Update Notes

What is worse is I got 10 wins and I equip the emblem to find out it takes my hybrid heart slot :3

6. Default Re: v.148 - Grand Athenaeum Update Notes

Yeah, I don't get what's going on with my characters either.

My Wild Hunter, Evan, and Dual Blade are unable to get past 50% minimum, but as you theorized, the "extra" percentage spills over into their maximums.

My Shadower though, can hit 51% minimum,
    (20% base, 10% Critical Ring, 6% Hayato S-card, 15% Dagger Expert)
    while his maximum works as intended without "spillage" from minimum.

My Dual Blade is the most, wtp, out of them all though. He's capped at 50% minimum (20% base, 25% Sharpness, 6% Hayato card, 10% Critical ring), but his maximum is at 76%(!) without the ring, and 86% with the ring. I don't even know where he got all that maximum from because Dual Blades don't have any maximum boosting skills.

Seems like the "spillage" occurs whether or not your minimum surpasses your maximum.

7. Peanuts
    IGN: BaconSkewers
    Server: Bera
    Level: 210
    Job: Dark Knight
    Guild: Acrylic
    Alliance: Honour

Default Re: v.148 - Grand Athenaeum Update Notes

Unsure if it was intended or if someone has already mentioned it in the past, but he free ToT levels no longer seem to work. (The 46-50 levels).

8. Default Re: v.148 - Grand Athenaeum Update Notes

Oh ya seems empress got pissed off she was being used in boss arena. She finally 1hkos with her beams of doom

9. Default Re: v.148 - Grand Athenaeum Update Notes

So how long has this been a thing?

Spoiler

Also what's with the new Ninja Castle shop? Adding new stuff is nice but that's a crazy price hike. 25 Mil for a Yellow Umbrella who is buying that pomegranate.

Spoiler

10. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Why is this not in the funny SS thread LOOOOL

But OH WOW THE DELIVERED PROMISE. Pretty disappointing that it doesn't cost meso.

11. Default Re: v.148 - Grand Athenaeum Update Notes

So it is new for this patch? No wonder they didn't have the balls to put it in the notes.

12. I post a lot Bi Male
    IGN: ZesseiBijin
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Kanna
    Guild: NEST
    Farm: Razmosia
    uk

Wow, only like 3 weeks of farming if you want one random nebulite box guys.

I suppose it is technically an improvement, since it would probably take like 2 years for one to drop.

13. Default Re: v.148 - Grand Athenaeum Update Notes

why is decent sharp eyes increasing my min crit?

14. Default Re: v.148 - Grand Athenaeum Update Notes

My Battle Mage is in the same boat as your Dual Blade.

50% minimum and 61% maximum despite having zero maximum critical damage boosters, only minimum (20% base, 20% Battle Mastery, 15% Staff Expert, 6% Hayato Card).

Battle Rage (another 15% minimum critical damage) boosts my maximum critical damage to 76%.

Seems that your minimum critical damage's max is dictated by your maximum critical damage.

15. Default Re: v.148 - Grand Athenaeum Update Notes

Boss Arena: Spam keys when you're the boss; hope that one of them hits after lagging for 15 seconds...

On your turn as a player, either be well funded or have a healing skill and troll the heck out of your opponent.

16. Default Re: v.148 - Grand Athenaeum Update Notes

Whoa, in your Battle Mage's case, it "spills" over perfectly.

I think min/max critical boosting skills are doing something strange since it seems when you had Star Gazer on, it allowed you to break cap.

WE'RE GETTING CLOSER TO THE TRUTH, I FEEL IT.

17. Default Re: v.148 - Grand Athenaeum Update Notes

Been having these for a day in EMS so far, its really annoying. It just means more supply and you have to lower price. Time your stupid usage of tickets, not a big problem for hard magnus since its already 168h but still. We dont have KMS looting system, could only imagine the chaos in GMS with these tickets.

18. Default Re: v.148 - Grand Athenaeum Update Notes

ugh -_- do your tickets for Empress / Pink Bean work?

Chaos Vellum, at least in Bellocan, is almost not even worth the stress anymore with the ridiculous amount of undercutting going on. Not even going to bother with von bon this week since tops are so worthless, and hats/bots drop so infrequently yet are still worth so little.. it's just not what the market needs at all.

19. Default Re: v.148 - Grand Athenaeum Update Notes

yes this patch does indeed feel very underwhelming.

i'm yet to check out the coin shop, but after i satisfy my curiousity, i suppose im done for this patch

true.

Also, do the letters mean you are supposed to be able press the letters on your keyboard? that doesn't work for me, it is just a clickfest with the bosses slow snail walk.

20. Default Re: v.148 - Grand Athenaeum Update Notes

I have to hold a letter for 2-10 seconds before it finally casts the skill. I've seen people being able to rapidly cast skills, so they either have ridiculously good internet or live very close to Nexon America's servers.