Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default 239 people presumed dead by plane crash from Malaysia

http://www.bt.com.bn/news-asia/2014/...esumed-crashed

Also, it's a nationwide disaster, as this was the worst reported crash in Malaysia's history.. I pray that there are survivors in that plane crash..

2. Nuclear testing facility Straight Male
    IGN: VerrKol
    Server: Zenith
    Level: 204
    Job: Bowmaster
    Guild: LegacyReborn
    Farm: Kolville
    usa

Default Re: 239 people presumed dead by plane crash from Malaysia

Yea, I heard about this on NPR today. It's hard to believe these kind of (presumably) accidents can still happen with today's technology.

3. ᗧ · · · ᗣ · · · ᗣ ᗣ Straight Male
    IGN: Helsinki
    Server: MYBCKN
    Level: 220
    Job: Aran
    Guild: Friends
    Alliance: Unbreakable
    finland

Seems there were 3-5 people with stolen passports, so I wouldn't be so sure about accident...

4. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

On the other hand, if it is a terrorist act, why has no organization taken responsibility for this great feat?

(Even if it wasn't terrorism, it's kind of sad that in this age of global communications, it's still possible to board a flight using a passport that was reported stolen months or years ago. Such passport numbers should be raising alarm klaxons at every airport.)

5. Default Re: 239 people presumed dead by plane crash from Malaysia

Yea it sounds pretty grim with what @Satellite said :I

Then again no terrorist organization has come forward so far I think...

edit:ninja'd

6. Sacred cow Male
    IGN: Equi
    Server: Aquila
    Level: 235
    Job: Luminous
    Guild: Pineapples
    Farm: holycow
    singapore

http://creationsciencestudy.wordpress.com/2014/03/08/malaysia-airlines-flight-mh370-gods-punishment-for-islam-in-malaysia/

/no comments

7. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Gotta love how God's punishment for Islam in Malaysia kills mostly Chinese...

But, that sort of thing is really to be expected. Whenever there's a large disaster, there are people willing to explain it is God's punishment. Or warning. Or both. The nice thing is that all these explainers contradict each other, as each claims God wants people or a specific country to embrace a different religion or enact a different religious law... How people can actually believe that all these speakers-for-God are lying/deluded except one, is beyond me.

8. Spirit of the Arrow Bi Female
    IGN: MariettaRC
    Server: Windia
    Level: 200
    Job: Bowmistress
    Guild: KoopaForce
    Alliance: KoopaEmpire
    Nebraska

As I have learned in my HCI class last year, airports still use extremely outdated air traffic control technology.

(Unless there's been a change in that that I hadn't followed.)

9. Default Re: 239 people presumed dead by plane crash from Malaysia

This is my reply to that:

It's awaiting moderation.

As I am a Christian myself (though I don't believe that I have any right to call myself as such), seeing that kind of blog post disgusts me. It's impossible for a person to be a true Christian AND act in such a manner. People like these are no different from false prophets, shaming and slandering the name of God and all his followers.

10. Deluxe Refrigerator Straight Male
    IGN: Blackraven16
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 176
    Job: Fire/Posion
    Guild: Osomga
    usa

But isn't the checking in process on a diff system? though that too is probably outdated

11. Default Re: 239 people presumed dead by plane crash from Malaysia

I assume this is in regards to the stolen passports.

I can't say what Malaysian airports have in terms of security procedures nor of their check in process, but I assume it would be a different and highly outdated system if people with stolen passports managed to get by. That kind of thing would never get past the terminal entrances at JFK International.

12. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

Gonna second this, US Security is overkill, my Family has been stopped twice because my ten year old vrother shares name with some forty year old murderer

13. Default Re: 239 people presumed dead by plane crash from Malaysia

From what I've seen it's at 4 stolen passports, the plane was in a accident two years ago in China and families are reporting that they can ring through the their family members on the plane but no one picking up.

The possibility that the plane was/is hi-jacked is there but from the looks of the floating "door/window section" this might not be the case.

These incidents always scare me off from flying but I really hope there is some form of miracle here.

Edit. Looks like the plane exploded at 35000 feet in a suspected terrorist attack.

14. Default Re: 239 people presumed dead by plane crash from Malaysia

I was watching a report on CNN and apparently the stolen passport list is with INTERPOL, and very few countries actually check passport numbers against Interpol's database.

15. Default Re: 239 people presumed dead by plane crash from Malaysia

Yeah, I get what you guys mean. From what I heard, the States have upped their security game after the 9/11 attack. Airport security here (yes, I'm Malaysian) is nothing compared to there.

A terrorist attack is a possibility, but sources say that the pilot had tried to turn back to Kuala Lumpur (capital city, the departure location of the flight) before connection was cut.

No news as of yet regarding the flight crash :/

16. Default Re: 239 people presumed dead by plane crash from Malaysia

Well two different fisherman are reporting that they saw a plane flying very low near where contact was lost so it looks like it might have gone a bit off course and crashed.

I also found this interesting seeing that I didn't think passengers were allowed in the cockpit at all? http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/...-missing-pilot

17. Sacred cow Male
    IGN: Equi
    Server: Aquila
    Level: 235
    Job: Luminous
    Guild: Pineapples
    Farm: holycow
    singapore

18. ᗧ · · · ᗣ · · · ᗣ ᗣ Straight Male
    IGN: Helsinki
    Server: MYBCKN
    Level: 220
    Job: Aran
    Guild: Friends
    Alliance: Unbreakable
    finland

So basically this could be like Costo Concordia, except in a plane this time...

19. Interdimensional Rift Straight Male
    IGN: thewatch3r
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Lolmaster
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Not saying that it was terrorism, but if it was, perhaps the terrorists had some other goal for the plane. For example, let's say they planned on crashing the plane into some Chinese city. Well the plane clearly didn't arrive at its destination, so why would the terrorist organization take responsibility for it? They wouldn't. They would just sit silently and wonder what went wrong with their plan instead of conveying their incompetence to the world.

20. Default Re: 239 people presumed dead by plane crash from Malaysia

Reports are coming in that the military was tracking the plane after it lost initial contact with traffic control. The plane did a U- turn and was hundreds of miles off course. If true I really question what Malaysia is doing for them to quickly take this information as fact and change the search location. This is FOUR days after the plane was last seen/contactable.

Get your pomegranate together.