Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Upcoming Anime

1. Default Upcoming Anime

We have a thread for currently airing anime but what about one for upcoming anime?

I'll start out with season 2 of DATABASE DATABASE WOW WOW being confirmed:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...iere-this-fall

I wonder how the author will handle having enough content for a new season? Although in the Q&A he held on 4chan he hinted at a season 2 being a possibility, so i guess he has a plan! Or maybe season 2 is only 1 cour

Also is there anything in the upcoming season you guys are looking forward to?
    Spring 2014 anime:
    http://anichart.net/spring

I'm definitely hyped for Stardust crusaders and i kind of want to see what No Game, No Life turns out to be like.

2. Default Re: Upcoming Anime

Aww yiss Log Horizon s2. I was so worried it wouldn't get more anime, and if it did it would be a year+ or so until it did.

As far as the upcoming season goes, I'll be watching;

Black Bullet
    DAL 2 (after I finish s1)
    Gokukoku no Brynhildr
    Hitsugi no Chaika
    Kanojo no Flag wo Oraretara
    Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei
    Mangaka-san to Assistant-san
    No Game No Life
    Seikoku no Dragonar

And continuing from this season, Nisekoi. The SnO movie when it comes out on BD/DVD, and GJ-Bu@. Might also watch Ryuugajou Nanana no Maizoukin, Isshuukan Friends, and Mekakucity Actors. By far looking forward the most to NGNL, because the manga has skipped 5 consecutive issues of its magazine meaning we didn't get as far into that as I would've liked. ;_;

The only anime that I'm crazy hyped to see is Durarara 2 but we don't have any info on that other than that it's happening and it won't be the same studio.

3. Default Re: Upcoming Anime

More Mecha anime? Yissssssssss
    More Ano Natsu de Materu? YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
    SORA NO OTOSHIMONO MOVIE II? MUH DIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII ICK

I'm not sure my HDD will be ready for this.

4. Default Re: Upcoming Anime

I'll be keeping a close eye on these ones for Spring:

Black Bullet
    Blade and Soul
    Break Blade
    Fuun Ishin Dai Shogun
    JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Stardust Crusaders
    Gokukoku no Brynhildr
    No Game No Life
    Selector Infected WIXOSS
    Sidonia no Kishi

I do have a burning question though... Fairytail 2014? Is that seriously necessary?

5. Default Re: Upcoming Anime

Watched to the end of Log Horizon just to see if they would have any spoilers for a possible next season, I was happily surprised that they are already planning it for this year.

The First Season covered 5 novels, and seeing how there are only 7 novels right now (7th came out 3 months ago), I'm wondering how they will pace it if they don't get another 3.

6. Default Re: Upcoming Anime

I'm definitely looking forward to Log Horizon season 2 and the Blade & Soul anime.

7. Default Re: Upcoming Anime

Man log horizon season two. still gotta start season one haha.. Kinda looking forward to DAL2, i really enjoyed the first series

8. I post a lot Bi Male
    IGN: ZesseiBijin
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Kanna
    Guild: NEST
    Farm: Razmosia
    uk

Default Re: Upcoming Anime

50 First Dates: The Anime

9. Default Re: Upcoming Anime

Free! season 2

10. Polar Bear Gay Male
    IGN: danielcatu
    Server: yellonde
    Level: 121
    Job: Wind Archer
    Guild: Vendetta
    Farm: 765pro
    chile

love live... I really got into this series thanks to the android game... its kinda addicting

11. Default Re: Upcoming Anime

There's also Sword Art Online season 2 in July.

12. Default Re: Upcoming Anime

mangaka-san to assistant-san ..... yessssssssssssssss

13. Default Re: Upcoming Anime

NGNL is really good, I hope they animate it well, but...is there even enough source material yet for 12 episodes? I've read most of it and it doesn't seem like enough, unless they make it those pomegranatety 10 minute episodes, and I never watch shows that air like that anymore.

14. Default Re: Upcoming Anime

The LN has 5 volumes, with #6 coming out in April and given Log Horizon did 5 in 25 episodes, there won't be any problems with source material. I'm more interested in if they go with anime original pomegranate.

15. Default Re: Upcoming Anime

Someone should revive or make a new general manga thread ^^. I'm sure I'm not the only one to think that there's quite a few promising manga series that could or will be turned into an anime of sorts sometime down the road.

Anyway, I've actually watched a few episodes of Liar Game, but that was only a live action series which I'm not that fond of. At least it's still ongoing and hoping it could be turned into an anime.

Wonder if anyone remembers and is still a fan of Negima. For those that don't know about it yet, there's an ongoing sequel called UQ Holder. It's written by the same author and takes place in the same universe and all, but at a different time. The premise, style, and nature of it is pretty different from its prequel, it has much more action, but still retains some humor and the 'service' that the author is pretty much known for... It's a pretty recent but silent series, but I'd bet it'd get its own anime series if it gets popular enough. I don't want to say too much and spoil it for those that haven't read both of these series yet.

16. Default Re: Upcoming Anime

You can just revive it or make a new yourself! The anti-necro thing was removed IIRC so you shouldn't have a problem with posting in it if you find it.

Also the upcoming manga adaptions that i'm really looking forward to are probably Terraformars and Tokyo Ghoul.
    Although Tokyo Ghoul can easily be pineappleed up with bad pacing it should be pretty hard to pineapple up Terraformars if they just animate the fights well.

17. Default Re: Upcoming Anime

Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru season 2 confirmed!
    http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-23239.html

What the pineapple happened to the brain base i know and who replaced them.

Hoping to see more 8man sticking to his guns and being all around awesome.

18. Donator Straight Female
    IGN: icephoenix21
    Server: Scania
    Level: 212
    Job: Bishop
    Guild: DremithCross
    Alliance: Evolution
    Farm: IcePhoenix
    canada

Code Geass: Akito the Exiled episode 3 is proposed to be released spring 2014. I look forward to that.

19. Heavily armored Humvee
    IGN: TheSovereignBowi
    Server: LoL NA
    Level: 30
    Job: The League
    Guild: Of Draven

One ticket for the hype train, please.
    Spoiler

20. Default Re: Upcoming Anime

Kiniro Mosaic and Non Non Biyori have season 2s planned. There's also a Yuru Yuri OVA coming.

I don't really hype myself for upcoming anime unless it's a sequel to something I've already watched and enjoyed. Of that, the only things that come to mind aside from the moeblob above is OreIru that Malthe mentioned, DATABASE WOW, SAO II, GuP OVA, and maybe a movie or two (EVA 4.0 WHERE?!?!). Not sure about everyone else, but I don't really look at next season charts until two or three weeks before they start airing. I think I stopped because MAL won't let you put shows that haven't aired yet onto your watching list, so it became too much of a hassle to remember and readd or update everything.