Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Phantoms

1. Default Phantoms

ok so i used to main a phantom back in the day when 100k range was very much a good range
    and i started working on gearing him again
    now range aside
    how much % boss and % pdr and %att i should try and score
    i know the boss arena emblem is excelent for 2 lines of % pdr so ill focus that item for that but to be an efective bosser on physical resist bosses how much of those stats should i try to get
    and any other tips?

2. Default Re: Phantoms

It would be better to get % total damage I would think since our attack is sort of on the low side, I'm not sure how it works with cross surge, I think 80%pdr should be fine? Also the max I've heard you should get is 200% boss or so? I think you should just aim for as much % stat as you can get, also most people will be using you as hs, even if you do triple their damage. When bossing I would highly recommend arrow platter. I can't really think of anything else that comes to mind so I may edit this later.

3. Default Re: Phantoms

Cross Surge is 100% Total Damage, and Priere d'Aria is 30% Total Damage (or 20%? Did they unnerf it?). Phantoms already have enough total damage. It doesn't matter how much attack you have; % attack is a multiplier (on a multiplicative component of the damage formula, I might add), going from 0% to 15% attack is always 15% more damage regardless of whether you have 100 attack or 1000 attack.

Additionally, Ignore DEF will do nothing to help you on physical resistant bosses. Physical resistance and PDR are two different things. The only way for a Phantom to do more damage to physical resistant bosses is to raise your Insight.

4. Default Re: Phantoms

What about stealing Void Elemental from Paladins?

5. Default Re: Phantoms

Void Elemental only works on charges and blast, Elemental Reset only works on magic attacks.

6. Default Re: Phantoms

ok sorry i keep mistaking
    but bosses like CRA require PDR
    so how much should i aim for on the pdr and the boss damage
    and what stat i should also aim for? % att or %dmg? cause after 250% boss damage is just unefective

7. Default Re: Phantoms

It really depends on the boss, and you, I suppose, I would say, if you have like 70% on your stat window, you'd be doing at least 70% damage on everything up to Empress, the only bosses higher are Hard Magnus, Chaos Bloody Queen (both 120%, I think), CPB (180%), and Vellum (300%).

Total Damage and Boss Damage count the same on bosses, so really you should be getting % attack.

8. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

Default Re: Phantoms

you want % boss until you reach 200% boss damage, then a healthy mix of %boss with %attack.

but you can get % attack from pretty much any equip, so really, weapons for %boss and PDR (70% is good, try for 85%+ if you want to CVellum) everything else for %attack.

9. Default Re: Phantoms

i hope you are not saying that i can get % att on any equip cause that is just not true

10. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

yea, i derped up, what i meant is that you should scroll your emblem for attack, 21% attack or up on the emblem should be enough, and then i am not entirely sure how bonus pot works on them, if you can even get boss damage on secondary/emblem via bonus pot.

11. Default Re: Phantoms

Depends on what you are aiming at. Chaos vellum generally you want 90%pdr for that boss as a phantom since they have no built in or reinforced ignore pdr skills really. Other than that, just build up % atk, 200% boss will already be enough seeing as you have 130% total damage. Total damage and boss damage are additive unless I been missing out on changes to it. The top stats are really %boss > % atk > ignore pdr > total damage. 15% atk far outweighs total damage easily due to how many things we all have already.

12. Default Re: Phantoms

i got a 100% boss card
    im going to try to cube bonus pot for % att
    now the emblem is designed for pdr since its tier 3 perhaps bonus pot
    now the weapon will be the main base of % att
    im worried

13. Sacred cow Male
    IGN: Equi
    Server: Aquila
    Level: 235
    Job: Luminous
    Guild: Pineapples
    Farm: holycow
    singapore

wait what, how?

as in, how does insight allow you to do more damage to physical resistant bosses?

14. Default Re: Phantoms

After RED, Insight gives ignore elemental resistances, like 0.5% per 5 levels or something.

15. Default Re: Phantoms

Yeah, but it only lets you ignore 5% of physical resistance.

16. Sacred cow Male
    singapore

oh cool.. are there any skills besides lumi's arcane pitch and koc's(?) beginner skill that ignores physical resistance?

17. Default Re: Phantoms

Elemental Reset for Arch Mages and Evans.

18. Default Re: Phantoms

Mille PDR hyper still works for all your other skills, at least in EMS.

19. Sacred cow Male
    singapore

Oh, that probably explains why mages can hit so much higher than other jobs if their % stats are about the same... I think.

thanks !

20. Default Re: Phantoms

That only works for that skill and you won't use it for almost any boss unless you are fighting mobs with it like at Empress especially when you have to stop for DR. The formula for phantom's pdr isn't changed when you add SP into mille's reinforce unless you really think you do awesome damage with it. The 20% doesn't make up for the lack of burst power behind other skills you could steal from adventurer jobs. They really need to at least double Mille before it becomes solidly useful (that's why people don't even use Final cut usually as well).