IGN: LegitLance
    Server: Renegades
    Level: 228
    Job: Dark Knight
    Guild: Solitude
    Alliance: FISH
    usa

Default Gollux exp Loss

Ok I have not been able to figure this out, sometimes when i go Hard gollux i slip up and die. Sometimes i lose exp, and sometimes i don't... does anyone know what it takes to lose exp in gollux? or why sometimes you do and sometimes you don't?

A lot of people seem to be confused on this topic as well, has anyone actually figured it out?

2. Default Re: Gollux exp Loss

Lost 4 bil exp in there so far. Wasnt on hard mode either and yes its random. Is nexon even aware?

3. Default Re: Gollux exp Loss

Have absolutely no experience with Gollux, but there's multiple maps in relation to killing him, correct?

If so, perhaps you can find a correlation between the maps and the EXP loss. If it's some flag they have to set, they might have forgotten to set it on some random assortment of the Gollux maps resulting in losing EXP depending on which map you die on.

I could be wrong, as I said I have no experience with Gollux, but I thought I'd point out the possibility.

4. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Default Re: Gollux exp Loss

I'm pretty sure they're only talking about dying in the head map.

Last I read, exp loss there depends on which skill kills you. But I don't recall seeing a definitive list, and it's possible there's also a random element in there.

5. Default Re: Gollux exp Loss

Gollux is weird.

6. Neutron Straight Male
    usa

It makes no sense. Some people said they have died by every skill and sometimes lost exp, sometimes didn't

Went the other day, got distracted died once didnt lose exp. So i started to be very careless and intentionally dying near the end so I could use final pact, ended up losing about 20% that run. So I guess gollux is just random?

@Mazz if that's actually how it works... Nexon has created the most random system ever.

7. Default Re: Gollux exp Loss

I was on a gollux run on wednesday (hard gollux) and after getting to the part where you have to kill the eyes (I don't actually attack because my range isn't high enough) but when he did his, roar like attack?, I died and lost about 8% (which was 2bil SO THAT WAS FUN, I don't normally actually attack train than leech as people want my buffs more and want 100% of the exp, which I'm fine with). So now when I'm not being an attacker (I try sometimes) I usually sit outside the head room (also I'm pretty sure that roar like attack has a broken range because I was all the way in the left hand corner and got hit, THANK YOU FINAL FEINT, and I don't understand why).

8. Default Re: Gollux exp Loss

Phase 2 eyes will deduct exp whenever it roars and kills you. I forgot if the reverse key bomb actually takes away exp too, but it only does 99% hp dmg. Phase 1 never lost any exp which is the jaw. Phase 3, well I rarely test, but I don't recall losing exp from the 5 bomb counter from mobs, unless the KB attack actually makes you lose exp from the forehead but that only does low damage and only attacks like once every 30 secs. From what I remember, the arms, breath, and bomb counter doesn't deduct exp. Just the funny aoe attacks other than the jaw.

That's why when the new platform spawns, you stand at either the left or right edges of the cliffs. You can even use final shroud to get up there easier for positioning if it pleases you.

9. Default Re: Gollux exp Loss

It's random. I've died several times to same attack and only lost exp once.

10. Default Re: Gollux exp Loss

Ah okay, my bad.

11. Default Re: Gollux exp Loss

A friend and I both died from the same attack at the same exact time, and he lost exp while I didn't. The exp loss seems completely random. I noticed, however, that when I lose exp, it seems more likely that I lose more exp if I continually die that run, although it's highly likely that it's just observer bias.

12. Default Re: Gollux exp Loss

Bomb attack at eyes sometimes doesnt lower the death count (I believe when you have less than 90% HP and it kills you without any other att hitting you). Maybe, you dont lose exp if you die that way?

13. Neutron Straight Male
    usa

Just went again. got to the middle platform. Got 1hko'd lost 8% soon as i respawned, died instantly, same thing happened 5 times in a row. Went from 78% to 43. Safe to say im pretty upset.

I wish there was like, a safe place to respawn so you didn't just like.

Die,
    Respawn,
    instant 1hko,
    Repeat. So you don't just lose a pineapple ton of exp and have a chance to actually recover.

14. Default Re: Gollux exp Loss

Lost EXP today from the fist 1hko at hell mode, while killing the eyes.
    May as well keep a record I guess.

28/3 lost EXP at fist while killing eyes too
    Last edited by Mazz; 2014-03-28 at 06:13 PM. Reason: !

15. Neutron Straight Male
    usa

I guess it's the only way to find out the pattern.

16. Default Re: Gollux exp Loss

I lost a lot of EXP because of it. I hate that.

17. Default Re: Gollux exp Loss

Died 4 times yesterday during Hard Mode's Jaw, no experience loss.

???

18. Electron Straight Male
    IGN: ImCensored
    Server: Bera
    Level: 232
    Guild: EvoLovE
    Alliance: LessThan3
    Farm: Pickle
    canada

Died twice at hellmode eyes to hands.
    Lost exp once.
    :(

19. Default Re: Gollux exp Loss

@imcensored; the same attack killed you twice and you only lost EXP one time?

Died once to seduce at the jaw and didn't lose EXP today.

20. Electron Straight Male
    IGN: ImCensored
    Server: Bera
    Level: 232
    Guild: EvoLovE
    Alliance: LessThan3
    Farm: Pickle
    canada

yeah same attack T.T
    pretty sure the exp loss is random, or nexon just hates me