Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default Possibility of old events returning?

This was posted about an hour ago on the Maplestory Facebook page:

Maplers! What is your favorite in-game event out of these? https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/FavEvent

For those of you skeptical of the link, it's a 1-question survey asking the following:

1. Which of these was/is your favorite MapleStory event and why?

Cake vs Pie

Random Beauty Coupon Event

Free permanent NX and 90 day items

Alien Event

2X exp/drop Events

I'm hoping they'll be using the most popular answer in an upcoming patch. *Votes for Alien Event and hopes they mean Visitors and aren't considering the NLC "invasion" an event*

2. Default Re: Possibility of old events returning?

I hope they take my suggestion of Hunters Luck for 2x Drop/EXP events.

3. I post a lot Bi Male
    IGN: ZesseiBijin
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Kanna
    Guild: NEST
    Farm: Razmosia
    uk

Default Re: Possibility of old events returning?

I really liked the permanent NX event, Nexon was incredibly generous with the whole thing and i'd love them to do it again.

I bet most people will choose the alien event though.

4. Default Re: Possibility of old events returning?

It was nice, but unless it's the last 3 or so pet equips I don't have, then I'll just equip them for Charm, toss them in storage, and never touch them again. I'm sure others would like it, though.

Cake vs Pie - The rewards were never really amazing, and it was usually the same couple groups of people farming the boss anyway.

Random Beauty Coupon Event - This seems to have become a yearly thing now, and I'm sure most people would like it, but I just ignore this event completely.

Alien Event - The only one I'd actually participate in, having the armor even just to Anvil would be nice, plus weapons for link mules. Friend of mine has the full Wise Visitor as Anvils, but she quit a while back.

2X exp/drop Events - This is pretty much a given every weekend for at least the first month of any major patch, plus I'm usually working or doing something else those times anyway, so whatever.

5. Default Re: Possibility of old events returning?

Give me;

Free permanent NX and 90 day items

Alien Event

2X exp/drop Events

Along with a massive THANK YOU to all the legit people who play Maplestory correctly and do not take advantage of any glitches or dupes.

6. Default Re: Possibility of old events returning?

back in 2008 the event where you would kill the big ass cake (it kept respawning non-stop in ludi) was pretty badass , but now adays maple skanda's and those new maple weapons that came out back then arent worth anything lol

I had pretty much quit Galicia when the Alien event thing came out when you could get VIP weapons, those monsters were hard as hell to kill on a Drk with not enough HP to use berserk lol

7. Default Re: Possibility of old events returning?

The alien event is so outdated IMO, and the equipment are even more outdated. If they do it they'd need to provide updated equipment. I love the permanent NX event, because a lot of people got NX who weren't able to, which is really cool of Nexon.

They've given us a lot of permanent pets, maybe they can give us some free permanent pet equips.

8. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

They added vip weapons for new classes in other versions though.

The result of this poll will just be "all of it here you go!" again.

9. Default Re: Possibility of old events returning?

Perm nx and maybe a 2x event would be the only things on that list I'd want.

10. Default Re: Possibility of old events returning?

I don't mean new VIP items for newer classes, I just mean VIP items worth obtaining. Back then, they were the best weapons in the game.

11. GLADIGATORS
    usa

The 160+ alien stuff...?

12. Can of Soup Straight Male
    IGN: chicoran
    Server: Bera
    Level: 200
    Job: Aran IV
    Guild: Risk
    Alliance: Bastion
    venezuela

Inb4 this is something like the BigBang poll and we get all of it for anniversary, but If I'd like more unique scroll events with more cubes or special scrolls.

13. Default Re: Possibility of old events returning?

Inb4 you get something like EMS, a ludi maze pq event with the old lvl 50-70 entry, wolf and sheep event that nobody will do, save gaga from alien jump quest and a lot more boring useless stuff.

14. Default Re: Possibility of old events returning?

I just want to finish the 120+ Alien PQ at least once.
    My i/l was too noob back then to successfully finish it.
    The equips would need to be updated though, even the medal.
    The whole event was great though, long but great. I absolutely loved it, and so I voted for it.

15. Default Re: Possibility of old events returning?

Why would the release an event again and reuse stuff we can already get in the game? That makes absolutely no sense if they want to attract people to the event, lol. People aren't even attracted to the level 180 equipment (which I assume are the ones you are referring to) as it is.

16. Neon Atom Male
    IGN: TidusAiYuna
    Server: BelloNova
    Level: 204
    Job: Drk
    Guild: Minah<3
    Alliance: Tiffany<3
    Farm: Hyuna<3
    australia

ill lol if they give out the same perma nx as before

17. GLADIGATORS
    usa

Wow you took that to the complete opposite and wrong direction.

Let's just make new weapons that work with the 180 alien set and outclass sweetwater stats and is fully tradeable ok

18. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Still would be useful, since we don't have shared cash shop.

19. Water
    IGN: Dragon4meII
    Level: 211
    Job: Kaiser
    Alliance: PityDaFool

I wish they had considered bring back what i felt was the funnest PQ event Nexon ever came up with, Wolf Versus Sheep. People actually enjoyed that event, for those who may not been around in 09 here is a video of it.

20. Flatpanel TV
    IGN: HarbingerLey
    Server: Mardia
    Level: 203
    Job: Demon Slayer
    Guild: [L]ittleBusters
    Farm: Dominion
    usa

the best event was totally mapleversary circa Chaos(first DB buff), profited 1.5b meso flooding market with cheap Chaos Scrolls(farmed sage kitties all day man, 5 lv 64 maple weapon drops) before dupers caught on and ruined my business in Mardia [/endopinion]