Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Default Re: Possibility of old events returning?

The biggest reason to bring back the Visitor event is the Time Traveler Medal. Everything else is not really up to par these days. At the time the VIP gear was around, it was the only tradable gear over lvl 120. We also had the original 4th tier of potential then, so they got to be the strongest gear you could get. The VIP accessories were all best in slot, too. But now, Revolution weapons are tradable and better. The 4th tier of potential has returned, but it's not as powerful and it's a much higher level. VIP items simply don't measure up anymore. But the Time Traveler Medal? Nearly everyone could use that right now.

2. Default Re: Possibility of old events returning?

I read this more as them trying to see what future event designs they should focus on, not what old stuff to regurgitating.

3. ᗧ · · · ᗣ · · · ᗣ ᗣ Straight Male
    IGN: Helsinki
    Server: MYBCKN
    Level: 220
    Job: Aran
    Guild: Friends
    Alliance: Unbreakable
    finland

Default Re: Possibility of old events returning?

Time Traveler medal should never come back.

It has a very special place in my veteran mapler heart and like the last old exclusive item that compares well with the new gear. Loyal maplers never get anything anyway, despite that it's mostly maple veterans who have kept the game up and running for so long. I'm fine with more better medals being released but many event items should really only be available once and that's it. Don't give this medal to the new characters :(

4. Default Re: Possibility of old events returning?

They could bring back the event with out the same time traveler medal you know. They could add a new/nerfed one.

5. I post a lot Bi Male
    IGN: ZesseiBijin
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Kanna
    Guild: NEST
    Farm: Razmosia
    uk

Then probably nobody would care about the event, the only thing useful you can get from it nowadays is the Time Traveller Medal.

6. Default Re: Possibility of old events returning?

Besides making ridiculous amounts of money off of the visitors event, I enjoyed the new aspects they were testing - moving platforms (have we ever seen those again?), changing backgrounds that progressed over time, aliens invading all maps (this needed to be worked on, though), and the plot twist where we were the aliens from the future.

To this day I am disappointed I missed some of the transitions between the "parts" of the invasion event, and missing out on some aspects of the event. I still have that OS4 shuttle coupon from one of the quests on my Marksman.

7. Default Re: Possibility of old events returning?

The visitor event was great at the time, there hadn't been an event like it before or since really. It also had great rewards for back then. I don't think it would be really that great if they brought it back now though it would be extremely dated. It would need a fair bit of tweaking. Also it wouldn't be as fun to play through since I already know the story and what not but most people don't really seem to care about that sort of thing and just want the rewards and nothing more.

I wouldn't have a problem with the Time traveller medal returning since I no longer play the character I have it on, hell I don't even use that account anymore.

But I would rather they focused their time on making a whole new event on the same scale as the visitor event that would interest me a lot more.

Perm NX is also an easy win, i'll never so no to free Perm NX events.

8. Polar Bear Gay Male
    IGN: danielcatu
    Server: yellonde
    Level: 121
    Job: Wind Archer
    Guild: Vendetta
    Farm: 765pro
    chile

inb4 we get all those events in 1 patch

also, I just want them to make all the cake dungeon into a event themed dungeon :(... maybe with a story related to cake vs pie

9. Default Re: Possibility of old events returning?

Wolf vs sheep was ruined after a couple of days when sheeple realised they could just stand on thorns and be invincible to bombs even if they got caught in a way they wouldn't have been able to dodge.

10. Default Re: Possibility of old events returning?

I didn't mean that. Just... Not level 127 equipment. But if that's what you want... Er... Okay then.

11. Default Re: Possibility of old events returning?

The free perma NX stuff would be really great. It was always fun seeing what you'd get in those surprise boxes, and it managed to outfit a lot of my secondary and mule accounts with interesting outfits.

But honestly (like many others have mentioned already) I would love to see something similar to the alien PQ event. It introduced a lot of interesting mechanics and a great storyline that made playing enjoyable and actually made me care about the actions I was taking within the game. Compared to kill X number of things to get Y number of items to get Z event item.

That said, I don't just want to see it rehashed. I'd love to see something a little more innovative and original.

12. Electron Straight Male
    IGN: ImCensored
    Server: Bera
    Level: 232
    Job: Dark Knight
    Guild: EvoLovE
    Alliance: LessThan3
    Farm: Pickle
    canada

2x exp please :D
    Or the alien event!