Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. Default IS HE JUSTIFIED?

http://www.animemaru.com/florida-man...er/#comment-39

Huge court case is now engulfing Florida, I'm not sure if their court system can take another case with such extreme polarity, who do you think is right?

2. Default Re: IS HE JUSTIFIED?

pineappleing lol

3. Default Re: IS HE JUSTIFIED?

Even if fake news depress me. I don't know why I keep watching and reading.
    Last edited by Words; 2014-03-18 at 12:13 PM.

4. I post a lot Bi Male
    IGN: ZesseiBijin
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Kanna
    Guild: NEST
    Farm: Razmosia
    uk

Default Re: IS HE JUSTIFIED?

I clicked that link and then got instantly sidetracked by a link talking about Durarara season 2.

Season 2?!? I did not know about this.
    With this, Sailor Moon and possibly Symphogear season 3, this is going to be a good year for anime.

5. Default Re: IS HE JUSTIFIED?

LOL, do you really have to ask?

He should be charged.

Edit: I just realized, he was facing a 7 year old kid, and anyone who watches anime know that the younger the child the more potentially dangerous he is. Poor guy was probably terrified at the might that 7 year old boy was about to unleash on him .

6. Default Re: IS HE JUSTIFIED?

Just pointing out it is a Satire for the few that missed that.

And we all know Kirito would have died if SAO was realistic, he can't actually dual wield without the system's support.

7. Default Re: IS HE JUSTIFIED?

But he didn't use system support to beat heathcliff, because he knew the programmer would know all the sequences!
    Spoiler

8. Default Re: IS HE JUSTIFIED?

mods need to move this to current events

9. Trump minus th money
    IGN: xparasite9
    Server: Windia
    Level: 250
    Job: I/L Archmage
    Guild: Aerial
    Alliance: N/A

2 years of jail time made a glopping noise as etc

10. Default Re: IS HE JUSTIFIED?

Why is Sword Art Online so popular anyways?
    Do people like watching steaming piles of pomegranate..

11. Default Re: IS HE JUSTIFIED?

Pewdiepie is the most subscribed youtuber. I'll let that speak for itself.

12. Default Re: IS HE JUSTIFIED?

Spoiler

13. Default Re: IS HE JUSTIFIED?

If the world of SAO were realistic the NerveGear never would've made it to shelves.

Sword Art spoilers if anyone really cares

YouTube and Television have taught me that the popularity of any sort of media is inversely proportional to its actual quality and/or entertainment value.

And PewDiePie is the prime example of that.

14. Trump minus th money
    IGN: xparasite9
    Server: Windia
    Level: 250
    Job: I/L Archmage
    Guild: Aerial
    Alliance: N/A

And take it for their own.

15. Default Re: IS HE JUSTIFIED?

While I can agree with the crap on media thing, I have to disagree with the entertainment value or rather say it is relative. Obviously if it wasn't "entertaining" it wouldn't be very popular, and I would say it media caters to what the masses want to see hence why it works so well. So you would have to say the majority of society is mindless outright.

Well Pewdiepie got to that level because of his horror games, now he has branched out to all sorts of crap, but the Triple A titles still will be entertaining to most because he constantly interacts with his viewers while he plays.

Secondly SAO gives the the hope of becoming a hero out of a boring real life. The whole Otaku culture would love for a chance to be able to prove to the world (who often looks down on them for obvious reasons) that they are capable of something. Just like how E-sports is becoming a big thing, most people still see playing games as a childish thing that doesn't help you get anywhere in life, but now that people can actually earn alot of money just by playing games they can essentially shed the useless title and become "productive" members of society. Of course it has all of the action hero becoming stronger through trial, the character is relatable to alot of people who watch anime as he's a loner and all that. Guess i'm trying to answer why SAO is popular.

16. Default Re: IS HE JUSTIFIED?

17. Default Re: IS HE JUSTIFIED?

...for what purpose? I can't really see any benefit aside from specialized torture techniques, and killing the person you are trying to get information out of is a bit counterintuitive to getting information.

18. Default Re: IS HE JUSTIFIED?

The nerve gear would be great for torture. You wouldn't need to kill anyone, just being stuck in what ever horrible VR world should be enough to get most people to talk. And they can't really resist when you control the world.

19. Default Re: IS HE JUSTIFIED?

Sword Art Online is the prequel to The Matrix, confirmed. 100% canon.

20. Default Re: IS HE JUSTIFIED?

His early horror games were tons of fun to watch because he brought a lovable personality and laughter from watching him freaking out. He even gave special credit to amnesia for making him so popular in one of his videos. But now he puts up alot of bleh stuff but of course they will still have alot of view simply because of the sheer number of subscribers he has. Most people (like me cuz I don't have the time to play the game myself) I hope still only come back for the big title playthroughs.

I said my previous statement and this one address the statement of :

"YouTube and Television have taught me that the popularity of any sort of media is inversely proportional to its actual quality and/or entertainment value and PewDiePie is the prime example of that."

To say they he was very entertaining and that got the" boulder rolling" as the video explained, so the statement wouldn't hold true for pewds. Maybe i'm just part of his bro army .

How many of you guys would play a virtual reality game on the level of SAO (without the fatal bugs ofc) if it were to exist? Given that's the way gaming is probably going to reach eventually.