Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: [UNPROVEN] Possibly v148 this week?

1. Default Re: Possibly v148 this week?

At this point, the auction house seems just as likely as a veteran server.

2. Default Re: Possibly v148 this week?

"Cross-world party quests" do actually exist in KMS. And I suspect the "archive library" you refer to is the new Theme Dungeon, which also exists. Everything in the image aside from the last bit (and that sort of exists elsewhere) is already in KMS and they can be expected to be ported over. Given our problems with server-to-server interactions (see: MTS, Server Changes) things like the Auction House or the PQs might be a bit iffy but it is not unreasonable to believe they will get here sooner or later.

3. www.thatwasmykil.com
    IGN: ThatWasMyKil
    Server: Bera
    Level: 203
    Job: Battle Bishop
    Guild: Inspired
    Alliance: Virtus
    australia

Default Re: Possibly v148 this week?

they just need to ditch the fm its pomegranate.

4. Default Re: Possibly v148 this week?

I'd be surprised if this was actually the highlight patch for v148... Someone looked into the future made it happen.

5. Default Re: Possibly v148 this week?

Original image:
    http://i.imgur.com/ayQnghT.jpg
    -Scroll to the bottom of the image and note that the "Prev" button is red.
    The newest post of a category will ALWAYS have that "Prev" button greyed out. The only reason why it would be red is if there's update note.
    Update note and update highlights are in the same category--clicking previous on the update highlight will take you to the update note.

An edited picture of an old update highlight will always show a red previous button since there's a update note after every update highlight. Going to an update note and changing it will grey out the "prev" button but result in the page showing that it's a update note on the far left.

Newest cash shop update:
    http://maplestory.nexon.net/shop/spe...his-week/00Hg0
    Prev button on bottom is greyed

Newest event:
    http://maplestory.nexon.net/news/eve...progress/00Hgb
    Prev button on bottom is greyed

So if the post is the newest update highlight, the prev button SHOULD be greyed.

Now lock the stupid thread

From another Basil thread: http://www.basilmarket.com/forum/280...nd_Update.html

6. Trump minus th money
    IGN: xparasite9
    Server: Windia
    Level: 250
    Job: I/L Archmage
    Guild: Aerial
    Alliance: N/A

Oh no, MapleStory never brought in any money before big bang! Pets didn't do anything at all whatsoever! Gachapon never existed! Extra inventory and storage slots were never sold! People never ever ever bought NX clothing or any other cosmetics! What a horrible time it was!

Mozilla Firefox
    Shift+F2
    "screenshot file.png --fullpage"

7. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

He wasn't saying ms didn't make money pre-BB. He's saying it would be a losing gamble in todays market. You know the difference.

8. Trump minus th money

And why is potential suddenly a necessary evil?

9. Default Re: Possibly v148 this week?

Because you can't remove something as significant as potential in todays gaming environment, unless you want to make every dedicated spender feel even more betrayed.

10. GLADIGATORS
    usa

Uh what?

I personally think pre-potential maple could make money in todays market. Some of the things you mentioned would be less effective these days though. Pets are going to be permanent soon. Perma NX can be bought in game.

I don't think you understand the conversation. Why would removing potential from a new server that never had it in the first place make anyone feel betrayed? Majority of people are disgusted by it.

11. Trump minus th money

Perhaps this should be moved to a new thread. I'll let the mods decide on that.

I don't know why having an entirely separate server that doesn't have potential would somehow "betray" those that have already spent exorbitant sums on that gamble in servers that would still exist and still have potential.
    If anything, the massive gamble that is potential is the betrayal that has already happened.

12. Default Re: Possibly v148 this week?

If you remove potential, the most costly and game deterring thing maplestory has to offer, I would assume the previous servers would be ignored or closed eventually, as no one would honestly play it besides the 10% that have already invested in it. Different line of thought

13. GLADIGATORS
    usa

Oh i see where you're going. Having all ones friends abandon one in the real server for the no potential server would make one feel betrayed, not the direct act of leaving potential out of the no potential server.

Though, i don't believe a no potential server can be as successful as the real server, unfortunate as that sounds. It's not like they're going to update it with the same effort as the real server.

14. Default Re: Possibly v148 this week?

Nearly no-one would actually play a no potential server beyond the first week, maybe month.

The entire reason it works is because people, nonsensically, love big numbers and when given the choice between a carrot on the end of an (unreachable) stick, or a stick without the proverbial carrot, people are going to chase the carrot of big numbers.

15. Default Re: Possibly v148 this week?

I believe that both servers will have the same amount of updates overtime, however that the no potential server would probably have more success as it offers more opportunity in general. I believe the popularity would eventually make it the primary server, thus kind of only leave the players who are attached by the lost cost fallacy, then you slowly consider them cast aways as they only represent a small percentage of the population

16. I post a lot Bi Male
    IGN: ZesseiBijin
    Level: 204
    Job: Kanna
    Guild: NEST
    Farm: Razmosia
    uk

People would play the classic server for like, a week, think "oh, this is cool, nostalgia" and then quickly get bored. after a few weeks there will only be a very small amount of players in that server.

There would be no progress in that server whatsoever, no new content to keep people coming back, no strong bosses to try to overcome. There would be a few diehard players trying to be the first "classic" level 200 in the server to try and be a "celebrity", but that's it.

A classic server is a pineappleing stupid idea.

17. Default Re: Possibly v148 this week?

If anyone think that Nexon could shug out updates for a classic server at the same time that they update the normal game, they must be pomegranatehead level stupid. They can't even balance the standard content, how the hell would they manage to balance two versions of the same update?

They would never release anything substansial in the classic server if they could not use it in the normal ones. Never.

18. Water Straight Male
    IGN: Pybo
    Server: Scania
    Level: 211
    Job: Shade
    Guild: Reconcile
    Alliance: Intersection
    Farm: Mordor

I'd actually be very excited to have a server similar to Supreme, where it's ridiculously difficult and you can't solely rely on NX

19. Default Re: Possibly v148 this week?

Not only that (for nostalgia, not a lot of people would stick around) but some people have a different view of what "pre-big bang" is to them.
    Some of them really mean pre-BB, others mean pre-potential, others pre-pirates, other would like to have today's content but with all pre-BB rates and whatnot.
    I've had a short conversation with Waltzing a few months ago regarding a pre-BB server, and he said "The biggest concerns are development costs and server costs, and if the number of subscriptions (P2P) or Cash Shop sales (F2P) would actually make it worthwhile." And then there's the issue of which version to use. The only way to know would be having a poll to find out which version the players prefer, but that would be obvious of what they're doing.

20. Default Re: Possibly v148 this week?

They have a cash shop, meaning cubes and most of Surpreme's "challenge" relies on broken difficulty.