Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [SPECULATION] unsafe account info since v147

1. Default Re: unsafe account info since v147

do you have any idea how ridiculously easy it is to access the clipboard

there are multiple free programs out there that do exactly that, adding clipboard logging to a keystroke logger would be childs play

2. Default Re: unsafe account info since v147

There are way more ID leaks than you people think. I had old accounts I used for IGN's or petty items that had really simple passwords, only to come back after a couple months to have them been accessed too by random hackers using them for botting accounts. Only the simple password accounts get broken into, so it's obviously not someone keylogging me and accessing them or else they'd get into everything. It's just people gaining access to ID's somehow and using simple scripts to brute force the simple password protected ones. (And 99% of the time, ones with simple passwords also had simple PIC's)

3. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Default Re: unsafe account info since v147

I have to wonder, though, why do they bother?
    If all they need is an account to bot on, it's faster to create one than to break into one, even if the password is easy to brute force.

4. Default Re: unsafe account info since v147

again, an account database was leaked recently for one of the most popular private servers, dream/lucidms, before it got shut down.
    if anyone was dumb enough to use the same account information on both services, there you have it

5. Default Re: unsafe account info since v147

Last I knew, it was more difficult to create a mass amount of accounts. The people doing it aren't just normal users trying to bot a character. They're farmers. They need loads of accounts (100+). Last year I knew people who would buy hundreds of accounts with nothing on them for a couple dollars. And when using a CLB, VPN and access to dozens and dozens of accounts, they can still make a decent profit from farming the game.

6. Default Re: unsafe account info since v147

The only private server I've ever touched was 4 years ago, and it was only used by me and 2-3 other people for testing purposes.