1. Default Red Cube vs. Black Cube Tier Up Rate (Double Miracle Time)

Do black cubes tier up item potential from Unique -> Legendary at a rate of 2x or higher than red cubes? I'm trying to understand which cubes have better value for upgrading item potential tier at this specific level, so I know which cube to spam during Double Miracle Time.

I've looked around the forums for the answer, and a lot of people say black cubes are the way to go, but a lot of them have never actually tried red cubes, and are just scared of that one video where a guy spends a ton of red cubes without tiering up from unique -> legendary. It'd be nice to have an unbiased answer from people who have used a large quantity of both at the unique tier. Thanks in advance for your help!

Also, there's a myth saying that black cubes give the second and third lines of your potential a higher chance to be primary (as in 12% instead of 9% at the legendary tier). Can anyone confirm or bust this myth?

2. Water Straight Male
    IGN: Pybo
    Server: Scania
    Level: 211
    Job: Shade
    Guild: Reconcile
    Alliance: Intersection
    Farm: Mordor

Default Re: Red Cube vs. Black Cube Tier Up Rate (Double Miracle Time)

From my own, painful, experience - I've used 77 RED Cubes on my Epic emblem and it didn't even go up to Unique.
    Once you go black, you never go back.

3. Electron Male
    IGN: NotMyGear
    Server: Bera
    Level: 202
    Job: Demon Slayer
    Guild: PerpetuaL
    Alliance: PerpetuaL
    Farm: Gear
    taiwan

Some people say black have higher chance of ranking up than red... but some says they are equally pomegranate.
    I haven't cube for rank ever since super miracle cube got removed :/, I guess we'll see on Saturday =D

4. Default Re: Red Cube vs. Black Cube Tier Up Rate (Double Miracle Time)

ive heard massive reports of red cubes being horrible across the board

5. Default Re: Red Cube vs. Black Cube Tier Up Rate (Double Miracle Time)

I've heard both sides of the story where they are equal or where black cubes are so much better. What I'm looking for is not if black cubes have a decently better rate of upgrading unique -> legendary than red cubes, what i'm looking for is if they have TWICE OR MORE the chance of doing so (since black cubes cost almost twice as much as red cubes).

A lot of people talk badly about red cubes but have never used them. Most of these rumors source from the video of someone spending tons of cubes and never hitting legendary. But this is really just a single person's experience, and it's given a negative impression for everyone to spread. If possible, I'd like to get direct feedback from people who have actually used large quantities of cubes like GunPowder has, although I'd much prefer to see the data of this at the unique -> legendary level. I'd also like to see how many black cubes he used to tier up, so I can have a comparison vs the red cubes he used.

38 black cubes might seem a ton less than 77 red cubes, but really, it's just about the same cost, so I'd like to see the most cost efficient route. It's a lot to ask, but I'm sure a lot of people have this same question and would like to know what cube gives them the most value.

6. Nuclear testing facility Straight Male
    IGN: VerrKol
    Server: Zenith
    Level: 204
    Job: Bowmaster
    Guild: LegacyReborn
    Farm: Kolville
    usa

too hard

7. Default Re: Red Cube vs. Black Cube Tier Up Rate (Double Miracle Time)

Wouldn't have to ask if the information was easy to get.

8. Default Re: Red Cube vs. Black Cube Tier Up Rate (Double Miracle Time)

Don't think its really possible unless you physically use thousands upon thousands and record every single use as evidence.

9. Default Re: Red Cube vs. Black Cube Tier Up Rate (Double Miracle Time)

If you guys post your cubes here, i can try to compile a sheet with a few thousand NX worth of cubes. Just gotta say if it's during miracle time or not, and what kind of cube you used. I'll publish it if there's enough of a sample.

10. Water Straight Male

You'd probably get really good stats from @qtpie @mazz and @Marksman Bryan

EDIT: Fail ^

11. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

I think the problem there is that people who do a lot of cubing use black cubes almost exclusively to tier up. Whether their mistrust of reds is justified or not, that's what the OP is trying to find out.

12. Water Straight Male

That's true, but I'm sure they've used RED cubes in attempt to tier up at least a couple of times.

13. Default Re: Red Cube vs. Black Cube Tier Up Rate (Double Miracle Time)

I would take data from the existing cubing thread, but it's a nightmare to sort through. It's hard to tell what's an exaggeration and what's not.