1. the Immutable Neuter
    IGN: Stephen
    Server: U.S.A.
    Level: 25
    Job: Sailor
    Guild: USN
    Alliance: VAQ-141 Shadowhawks
    ireland

Default Anyone following the LCS at all?

*title*

2. aka ClawofBeta Straight Male
    Corn's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: ClawofBeta
    Server: LoL.NA
    Level: 30
    Job: Bot Lane
    Guild: N/A
    Alliance: N/A
    New_Jersey

Default Re: Anyone following the LCS at all?

CLG CLG CLG CLG

3. Default Re: Anyone following the LCS at all?

The potential is real for CLG.

4. the Immutable Neuter
    ireland

Man two fangirls over here.
    Coast > All.

5. Default Re: Anyone following the LCS at all?

TSM TSM TSM @LadyJenJen;

6. Default Re: Anyone following the LCS at all?

I follow it, but I don't really enjoy it, because competitive play is extremely stale, and always has been. I watch it hopelessly that something amazing will happen, but they opt for safer, more boring plays, because there's just less risk involved.

The AP Lulu trend in general bothers me, because no one did it before, but when one person does it, everyone does it, because they think it's the best thing to do, and they'll continue doing it until someone discovers the next best thing. It's a shame, because I see mancloud playing Lulu a lot now. He has so much more potential than her, honestly. Mancloud especially used to be someone who innovates back when he was in his prime, but no longer...

And I personally hate tanky champs like Renekton/shyvana/Mundo with a passion, as well as bruisers like Wukong/Pantheon, so this meta is absolutely not for me. When Eve gets played I get excited, because I've always loved her ever since I started playing the game.

My favorite team would probably be Cloud 9, because I've been following Hai for a long time now since he was on Orb with Nien, Yazuki, and some others. However a close second is Coast because I absolutely love ZionSpartan's play. He's always been super aggressive, and ever since I saw him play Akali a year or two ago I liked him as a player. I just personally don't care much for NintendudeX at all. If they got rid of him for a better jungler, I feel like they'd have much better success. Wizfujin was a great addition to the team, though. He needs to do something amazing so people realize this, though.

tl;dr pineapple this meta

7. Default Re: Anyone following the LCS at all?

I like the Cloud 9 and TSM when they don't have Reginald.

8. the Immutable Neuter
    ireland

I agree with the staleness. I wish they'd do more to go against the convention, trying out new champs in new lanes. You can narrow it down to a list of champs for each lane that you can count on each lane.
    Top: Shyv, renek, mundo, trundle
    Mid: LB, Lulu, Gragas and Nid (with an occasional Yasuo/Kat) (Though the twice that Coast's mid went Ahri surprised me)
    Jung: Elise (when she's not banned), Panth, Vi, and sometimes shyv/Kha/Lee
    ADC: Siv, Lucian, Jinx
    Support: Annie, Leona, and Thresh (Morgana came up yesterday, but she's always been a decent support... but seeing how she's rising in popularity I don't like how she's gonna go, since she does shut down Jinx's entire kit, and she's a great counter to leona IMO.)
    (I know I missed Zed in there somewhere

There are just sooooooo many other options that are still viable and could win so many games when played properly. Ev jungling is an excellent roamer. Karma is a great aggressive support, albeit she's hard to get down from what I've heard. Riven, despite the "nerfs," is still a strong late-gamer. Kayle is always good IMO, and she can fill every role.
    I watch the LCS anymore to see if there's any picks that throw people off. I'd love to see a Quinn/Nami bot, or nami in general since she's my favorite support. Brand(!) top is a threat no matter what, and I've loved running him top to throw off the enemies game, since they factor into their gameplay going against a tank, so their low MR equals an easy harass and bullying on my side early game, and if I get ganks, it just cements our top lane. I've wanted to try out Cass too, for much the same reason as Brand.

9. Default Re: Anyone following the LCS at all?

Ohh jeez, yesterday Jen was nearly crying because reginald made a pomegranatety shot call and threw the game (that was pretty much lost anyway).

10. the Immutable Neuter
    ireland

yeah.. regi kinda turned into a hindrance the second game. game on saturday he didn't do too bad though.

11. AFK at Ch 18 Leafre Straight Male
    Nion's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: GreenTeaSip
    Server: Scania
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Symbolism
    Alliance: Lore
    Farm: Symbolism
    California

I've been to the LCS place before myself. It's pretty cool.

There are some stuff you see from the LCS that sort of helps but I also look at other regions to see how they fare.

12. Default Re: Anyone following the LCS at all?

The potential is real, god bless CLG. Also while nien may not be the best top laner atm I feel its dumb to base the judgement off of this meta in top lane where its just tanking all the damage and running around.

13. Default Re: Anyone following the LCS at all?

I cheer for Cloud 9 and CLG. I'm glad CLG is doing a lot better, though I felt pretty bad when they wrecked Cloud 9...

14. Default Re: Anyone following the LCS at all?

I miss when Phreak was casting more often. He still does, but it feels rare now.

15. Default Re: Anyone following the LCS at all?

16. Default Re: Anyone following the LCS at all?

Phreak is so hilarious while casting. I enjoy any game with him commentating. My dad watched a LCS game with me with Phreak casting and he said this was really well produced.

17. Nuclear testing facility Straight Male
    IGN: VerrKol
    Server: Zenith
    Level: 204
    Job: Bowmaster
    Guild: LegacyReborn
    Farm: Kolville
    usa

I'm a big fan of TSM this season although I detest Dyrus since he basically does nothing but Mundo. I don't like Mundo. It seems like Dyrus' main contribution to the team is simply not dying while he gets carried by everyone else. I'm also a little disappointed with TheOddOne (I love his streams) but I think his lack of big plays is mostly because of the direction S4 changes have been going (RIP cho jungle). His supportive jungle style is a bit lack luster now.

18. the Immutable Neuter
    ireland

cant believe I missed kass getting through the bans, being picked up, and losing.

19. aka ClawofBeta Straight Male
    Corn's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: ClawofBeta
    Server: LoL.NA
    Level: 30
    Job: Bot Lane
    Guild: N/A
    Alliance: N/A
    New_Jersey

Okay fine IEM isn't LCS but

USA USA USA USA USA

20. the Immutable Neuter
    ireland

meh it's close enough. gj c9.