1. Default PSA: Uninstall Pando Media Booster

http://www.basilmarket.com/forum/279...ster__NOW.html

Apparently there's a virus going around pretending to be a PMB update, i'm suggesting that people uninstall it anyways, Nexon doesn't use PMB anymore.

2. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    IGN: Musiphe
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 277
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Epic
    Alliance: Fatal
    Colorado

Default Re: PSA: Uninstall Pando Media Booster

mfw people still have PMB installed. I always instantly uninstall that bloatware whenever some stupid program auto-installs it.

3. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

this is precisely for those people.

4. Default Re: PSA: Uninstall Pando Media Booster

Decided to delete it earlier today as I never took notice of the beast that hid dormant on my computer.

5. Default Re: PSA: Uninstall Pando Media Booster

While you're at it, Akamai Netsession Interface is another program that works the same way.

6. Water Straight Male
    IGN: Pybo
    Level: 211
    Job: Shade
    Guild: Reconcile
    Alliance: Intersection
    Farm: Mordor

Is it possible my computer was infected by the virus, even though I never accepted any update?
    I didn't have my browser changed or anything, but SirOlly, who got hacked recently, claims that just having Pando installed could get you hacked. Thoughts on this?

7. Default Re: PSA: Uninstall Pando Media Booster

I tried to delete PMB months ago and it said that I needed to be admin even though I currently am (and the only user on my laptop). I tried to delete PMB again this morning and it still says the same thing. Any ideas on how to fix this?

8. Default Re: PSA: Uninstall Pando Media Booster

Have you tried the old right-click > run as administrator?

9. Water Straight Male
    IGN: Pybo
    Level: 211
    Job: Shade
    Guild: Reconcile
    Alliance: Intersection
    Farm: Mordor

Now Duolaid claims he has been hacked as well. Also blaming PMB.
    I thought the virus that was spread through PMB didn't have anything to do with Maplestory...

10. Default Re: PSA: Uninstall Pando Media Booster

People get hacked all of the time for stupid reasons, whenever something like this PMB issue comes up they just have somewhere to place the blame. No one except the hacker will know how it was really done.

That being said, if there was some sort of leak or exploit that allowed hackers to take accounts I would not be surprised in the slightest.

11. Default Re: PSA: Uninstall Pando Media Booster

i remember when nexon first started using PMB... it didnt actually BOOST anything; so i just uninstalled it as a matter-of-fact. later versions started clogging bandwidth, so again, uninstalled.

i tried to re-download v146 last week (after maintenance) only to find out the downloader gave me v144 instead..... aaaaaannnnnnddddd, uninstalled PMB again.gg

nexon really should un-attach PMB from their installer