Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
  1. Default

some recent still life paintings.

medschool is still very fun, i am starting to feel the fatigue and burnout though because unlike optom school i have a lot more financial constraints which require me to work every weekend. so my life is pretty much 5 days uni, 2 days work and it has been as such since the start of Feb.

2. Default Re: alive but still dead inside

1hr30photo study

critique from anon was to not be afraid of shadows and to use a smaller brush. I guess that means to push contrast, I agree that I am scared of using darker shadows esp. on female faces. As for the small brush comment, I know I used a large one to block it in so I don't agree, I'm guessing its more that I went overboard with rendering with a small brush and it doesn't have control.

3. Default Re: alive but still dead inside

this came to me in a dream (srsly). I am trying to learn that nice soft type of generalised lighting that I see some artists do.

his arm is too long and i will fix this

general life update: i am vibing in lockdown again, uni is great, my sleep schedule is pretty terrible

4. AFK at Ch 18 Leafre Straight Male
    Nion's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: GreenTeaSip
    Server: Scania
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Symbolism
    Alliance: Lore
    Farm: Symbolism
    California

Default Re: alive but still dead inside

Incredible art as always. I recently finished a 365 daily sketch challenge, and seeing wonderful pieces like this keeps me going for another year.

Keep it up!

5. Default Re: alive but still dead inside

Ay thanks man, congrats on completing 365 days of daily sketching

Strawberry still life

Photostudy; 1hr30min~

Some OC's posted on /ic/

Last edited by PoetryIsFail; 2021-08-20 at 10:29 PM.

6. Default Re: alive but still dead inside

portrait

detail
    Last edited by PoetryIsFail; 2021-09-28 at 05:03 AM.

7. Default WOOOO MEDSCHOOL

Sketcherinos

Reggo diary stuff:
    Medschool is much much much better than optom. its been 9 months now and I know I am in a much better place mentally. The exams are so much lower stress, the content is so much more engaging. Seeing the doctors in the hospital is so much more inspiring compared to what it was like seeing my optometry supervisors.

One of my mates from optom school attended an interview yesterday for a different medical university in my state and in the Zoom lobby before the interview, to his shock, he saw our old optometry professor as another interviewee.

Mans got a PhD, loads of published research, head of a comfy clinic where he gets paid handsomely without having to worry about retail KPIs, has even joined the American Optometry Association as a Fellow (which is a very extra thing to do when you're not American).

What a weird feeling. I guess in a way it gives me a childish sense of vindication, that I have made the right choice. Even with all that wholesome practice and research ,with all that teaching, it wasnt enough for him.

8. Default Re: WOOOO MEDSCHOOL

personally i appreciate that you are still keeping this forum (and the dream) alive
    keep drawing in good health, friend; i dig the strawberry

9. Default halfway to donktor hood

I hope you stay in good health too my guy, thank you for popping in almost 1 year ago LOL
    <<the yearly illustration of that blonde girl with the blue dress (WIP)>>

<<photostudy for fun>>

<<ye old still life painting>>

<<figure/cloth sketches from reference>>

<<fat birds that i draw for fun>>

Bit of a life update/entry log:
    I'm chilling in my second year of medical school, I've had a lot of exposure to ophthalmology which is what I'm interested in. I even met a training ophthalmologist who came from an optometry background too which was so cool. Currently plugging away at a study to try publish some scientific papers on a particular niche ophthalmology surgery. Still haven't gained much weight at the gym . Current life plan is to keep gunning for the incredibly competitive specialty that is ophthalmology, and if I fail to make it in; work as family doctor 3 days a week, see my usual optometry patients 1 day a week and live a comfy life illustrating whatever I want in my spare time. I would like to think I've largely made peace with that shift I've had from being 17 and wanting to the world's greatest illustrator with optom as a side hustle, to just pursuing a difficult but fulfilling career as a doctor and having art always by my side. Art to me is now like a really cozy old friend.

It feels so good to still be drawing for fun after all these years, even if its only a few times a month or so. I hope ya'll SP friendos and lurkers have have had a good time too :)

10. AFK at Ch 18 Leafre Straight Male
    Nion's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: GreenTeaSip
    Server: Scania
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Symbolism
    Alliance: Lore
    Farm: Symbolism
    California

Default Re: halfway to donktor hood

Poerty is alive! We look forward to hearing back from more pics and updates.