Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
  1. Default Re: Poetry's drawings and stuff

imagination

life

2. Default Re: Poetry's drawings and stuff

Its meant to look like shes going to save her friend from the witch but now it looks like she just wants to hit her with the gourd instead smh

Seasonal

3. Default Re: Poetry's drawings and stuff

Painting from imagination: Thumbnails + Weird Boat

Spoiler

Drawing from imagination, I really messed up her legs oops. Saved over the file accidentally as well with complete garbage so I probably won't return to it.

4. Default 24%

Weird still life where I tried to fully work the entire canvas with only two colours, before adding 2 more and trying to get the image to read clearly every step of the way.

Extra drawings:
    Spoiler

Lecturer for one of my 4 topics told the cohort she literally expects 4hours of studying a night for her course. Eugh.

5. Default Re: 24%

Fixed up the old knight painting

Misc. Drawings
    Spoiler

6. Default 26%

Not dead just terribly busy.

Paintingdump:
    Spoiler

I've also been running through a book on perspective/construction

more
    Spoiler

Current short term aim is to focus on accuracy when copying images (photostudies) and drawing in 3d space. zzz

7. Default Re: 26%

Trying out a different brush and approach. Didn't really work. Its also very similar to a still life from almost 2 years ago (on page one) quality-wise, but it was done in a third of the time.

Old stuff that I didn't update the thread with (around the 25% mark)
    Spoiler

Drawings:

Spoiler

8. Default Re: Poetry's drawings and stuff

Photostudy. I don't do these enough. Next one will be in colour.

Found some hotheaded promise I made almost 2 years ago saying that I'd 'getgud' by the 10th of the 10th 2016.

Hahahaha.

pomegranate.

9. Default Re: Poetry's drawings and stuff

getting my pomegranate kicked in by uni

caught up with RWBY my heart hnng why why why. WIP

weapondesigns for donutsteeloc trash

10. Default RWBY%

WE FANART TRASH NOW. FORGET PAINTING TIME TO FOLLOW MY DREAMS OF BEING THE BEST MANGAKA OF NIPPON ETC ETC

Going to use this, and the earlier one I posted of them as covers, just gotta adjust the faces to fit with the comic I'm making and I'll finally produce something that isnt mindless figure grinding or a painting of pomegranate on my desk.

11. Default RWBY%

I cannot write for pomegranate.

After this its straight back to grinding. Although I've learnt a lot and gotten some decent drawing experience out of it.
    Composing the different panels was incredibly hard and still looks off. I used the characters weapons to form straight lines for the viewers eye to travel down between panel to panel or speech bubble to speech bubble.
    Learning to draw faces consistently was something I struggled with, and thats noticeable in how varied the characters look gdi.
    Implying detail and learning what to leave out with smaller panels was also neat.
    The coordination practice I'm going to get from trying to ink the damn thing will also be useful

bleh I want to go back to comfy still life paintings

12. Default 28%

Eughh uni is killing me

who knew itd be so pineappleing hard

Portraits:

comic wip
    Spoiler

learning a bit about linework.

13. Default Re: 28%

Comic Lineart more or less done, it still needs screentones

Some pages:

I've gone back to daily drawing.

Imagination Painting:

Study of a cosplayer (doesn't look anything like the reference photo)

14. Default 28%

Finished this portrait loosely from reference.

Felt good feeling some knowledge I had gained previously making its way into my mind as I painted. I made the shadow on her left arm much more saturated as in theory there would be blue light coming off her torso onto that 'shadow'. I also blended in colours from her suit into her hair to try harmonzie the colours but in the process may have lost its normal brown colour.

Shame my accuracy sucks. I pussied out of going for a 1/1 copy of the reference., but in doing so gained a bit more knowledge on painting from imagination. Its a trade off I guess.

Reference: https://twitter.com/MarmaladeCc/stat...34664379994112

Last edited by PoetryIsFail; 2017-01-12 at 06:35 PM.

15. Default 31%

not dead yet

Bigger project:

Trying something new with colour. Doing an underpainting with super saturated colours and painting on top of it, letting some of it bleed through

Mixing painting and drawing at the same time:

Portrait sketches:

16. Default 32%

Not dead yet; Came close though. Uni came back, uh in a new relationship etc

Redline and Paintover for other artists
    Spoiler

Drawing a character thats been in my head for a while:

Painting WIP for earlier lineart

Painting straight from imagination, no lines. Can't handle faces still.

17. Default Re: 32%

Painted something from just a base of scrambled images I found on /ic/.Noticed the pose was really similar to something I started this thread with so I made a comparison image, or a progression. I'm kinda happy with how far I've come?
    I know I'm a lot faster, thats for sure.I didn't use any linework for the new one.

It was originally coloured, but I changed it to b/w for comparison purposes. Heres the original

Still working on it.

18. Default 34%

A scene I've had in my mind for some time.
    I still have no control over how i draw and paint faces. I'm going to study them after I finish this.

Practice:

19. Default 36%

I skipped an entire %. I am getting so slow again, life is catching up to me and I've realized that aside from academics, I'm kind of lacking in every other aspect.

Finished.

Noticed I always seem to place the features on a flat plane, ignoring the natural curvature of the face, trying to remedy that.

Drawings from reference and imagination:

Paintings from imagination:

20. Default 36%

Paintover for an anon

Eye studies; I noticed I keep drawing them 'flat' on people's faces and want to fix that

Asaro Study

Still life focusing on the different textures of the fruit, and colour

Felt like the last still life was too smudgy, switched back to brushes with no blending at 100 opacity. Pushed myself on drawing accuracy.