Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default Customer Support Rules Updated

http://maplestory.nexon.net/news/news/current/00HeO/

2. Default Re: Customer Support Rules Updated

Anyone can say that. We'll know if they've made positive changes when we see it.

3. Default Re: Customer Support Rules Updated

Define 'a few times' nexon.
    IMO; If someones accidentally dupes an item and does it again for the second time, then OBVIOUSLY he/she intended to dupe and should get perm ban and not a short term punishment.

4. Default Re: Customer Support Rules Updated

So if I casually dupe a few items and make it look like it wasn't intentional I'll be fine? Neat. Thanks Nexon.

5. Default Re: Customer Support Rules Updated

it's like most of their events, too

once per account

6. Default Re: Customer Support Rules Updated

Got a bunch of now useless level 30 hot time accounts? May as well use them to dupe!

7. Default Re: Customer Support Rules Updated

I'm not holding my hopes high for this.

8. Default Re: Customer Support Rules Updated

Calling multiple duping anything but a zero tolerance, permanently bannable offence is an offense. Also, this really doesn't do anything to help the innocent people they purportedly are trying to help. Most of the time they didn't even do anything, they just get swept up. No, I am not talking about people who buy obviously duped things, they usually deserve to get banned. I am talking about people who get their nine No-Boom AEE deleted without compensation even when they were purchased way back in November 2013. Who's that? Oh yeah, me.

EDIT: Also, those people who got their Tyrants deleted, but some of you got them back so please excuse my ommision and ire at not getting my things back.

9. Default Re: Customer Support Rules Updated

Same ole same ole just another day.

10. Default Re: Customer Support Rules Updated

Oh joy, on the topic of dupes, I just encountered this shop in FM12 CH12 of GAZED:

http://grab.by/uEti
    http://grab.by/uEtm
    http://grab.by/uEtq
    http://grab.by/uEts
    http://grab.by/uEtw

I guess he'll probably be let off seeing as this is an isolated incident and no other players are being harmed.

11. Default Re: Customer Support Rules Updated

You forgot the part about giving him nx compensation

12. Default Re: Customer Support Rules Updated

Way to flush this notice people.

13. Acorn Overlord Male
    Spiral's Avatar [Maple News Admin]
    [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: ManaSpiral
    Server: GAZED
    Job: Fire/Poison
    New_Jersey

Default Re: Customer Support Rules Updated

Nexon can't seem to win with all you people

14. Default Re: Customer Support Rules Updated

Can you honestly blame the loyal customers for being so jaded? They're treated like trash, and duping even twice within a given timeframe is obviously blatantly intentional and should NOT be forgiven by any means.

We've been fed this same pomegranate year after year, how many times has it actually resulted in anything? Oh, never. We're still waiting.

15. Default Re: Customer Support Rules Updated

Given NexonNA's vast history of mediocre customer service (with emphasis on their tendency to punish the innocent and free the guilty) , it's kinda hard to erase such doubts with just one notice.

Again... we'll believe it when we see it.

16. Acorn Overlord Male
    Spiral's Avatar [Maple News Admin]
    [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: ManaSpiral
    Server: GAZED
    Job: Fire/Poison
    New_Jersey

True - I'm just surprised any kind of effort is being made at all.

17. Default Re: Customer Support Rules Updated

The problem is that Nexon has made these sorts of announcements* about how they're going to improve in the past. Not just once or twice, either.

*: Not specifically about their banning policy

Is it any surprise then that a fair amount of players are cynical?

I for one got hit with an autoban a month or two back; I had to borderline abuse the live chat system to try to get my account back in a timely manner. In the end, my account was released because of "second chances"...

... They probably didn't even have any recorded, legitimate reason for why I was banned. I don't know the reason either. Plus, if that's what they do with 50% of the people that spam through live chat, it's no wonder that hackers keep coming back.

18. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

is any effort being made? the only effort i can see that has happened lately was returning the tyrant stuff, which if i may add was caused by their very own "great and amazing" dupe checks. this is the third time i see a notice regarding how they'll deal with dupes, and you know what? the system still sucks as much as it did back then.

only good thing nexon has is good writers. that's it, i've eaten their bullpomegranate for far too long "we're doing our best efforts" my ass, so what were you doing last year when you promised exactly the same thing?

i'll believe them when they start acting, and no, one or two individual cases don't count. no self-respecting game reaches this point, or stays at this point for as long as maple has.

edit: because i'm pissed off, nexon has suspended, hellbanned, or outright banned pomegranateloads of people (some friends too obviously) for crap they never even did. i don't even need to mention hellban examples, deletion of certain "duped gear" which wasn't really duped, or the gorgeous case of banning accounts who exploited the "make a free level 50 adventurer" hack (which, let me tell you, they didn't even ban them all, and banned a lot who hadn't even done it)

and what happened a few months later? EVERYONE UNBANNED! what about those hackers that were banned a year ago for magnus and stuff? anyone mind reminding me the contents of that thread on SP... you know, that thread which showed how they UNBANNED THEM.

no, pineapple this game, i will not get tired of saying it.

19. Default Re: Customer Support Rules Updated

I find it fascinating that you're all well aware of the crap you have to tolerate, yet continue to play, probably cus of the sunk cost fallacy? That's why I say maplestory players are masochistic, its been like this since 2007, I gave them a chance to change, I gave them the benefit of the doubt, and I left in 2011. Now look, nothing has changed, even the disconnect hacks are still available.

For you to believe in change is ridiculous, for you to continue to play a game where it needs to be changed, is even more ridiculous.

20. Default Re: Customer Support Rules Updated

It's not very hard to see why since the amount of players has significantly decreased after Unlimited. The population went back up for a little while during RED but the spark is gone and the players that returned are just waiting for the next patch just so they can experience what's new.