1. Default Reporting Hackers

Other than submitting a ticket and the red report button, is there any other methods? When I go into the map with the hacker my screen freezes after a couple of seconds. It is enough to see the hacking but not long enough for me to use the report button. If anybody has been following the pirate rankings you'll know who I'm talking about.
    Thanks,
    Rich

2. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Default Re: Reporting Hackers

You could try to PM MysteryMask, or one of the Nexon forum volunteers who visit here (ApplePond being the most active, but we have Invulgo and Serge as well).
    I wouldn't recommend that course of action for just any botter/hacker (because then these people would be so flooded with reports they'll have to ignore them... just like tickets), but if you're talking about someone so high level they're noticeable on rankings, it might be worth a try.

3. Default Re: Reporting Hackers

OK, thanks for the advice.

4. Donator Straight Female
    IGN: icephoenix21
    Server: Scania
    Level: 212
    Job: Bishop
    Guild: DremithCross
    Alliance: Evolution
    Farm: IcePhoenix
    canada

We certainly do have quite a few high-leveled hackers in Scania, don't we?

I'm about to do some reporting myself~

5. Default Re: Reporting Hackers

I confirm reporting doesn't change jack pomegranate.

6. Donator Straight Female
    IGN: icephoenix21
    Server: Scania
    Level: 212
    Job: Bishop
    Guild: DremithCross
    Alliance: Evolution
    Farm: IcePhoenix
    canada

Reporting by the button in-game? I think that they get so many of those reports that it doesn't do anything.

However, if multiple people are reporting to a volunteer with proof (ie, video), I believe it has a higher chance of being looked into.

7. Default Re: Reporting Hackers

Not to provide discouragement but just a little perspective:

They will get unbanned anyways, probably sooner rather than later with Live Chat's incompetence.

8. Default Re: Reporting Hackers

Volunteers are told that specific reports against players be rejected. @oOCielOo told me this . So I guess it's up to MysteryMask.

9. Default Re: Reporting Hackers

You can just report them to MysteryMask but I wouldn't hold your hopes too high. However, action will be most likely be taken if the reported players are prominent.

10. Default Re: Reporting Hackers

I don't think nexon care... I try reporting one of well known top 5 ranker and ..... he still there

too bad most the hacker is on scania

he stop hacking/training for 2 week already cuz he know and scare that gm is tracking him now cuz of the high number report on him

11. Default Re: Reporting Hackers

I assume you are talking about our new rank 1 Pirate overlord here sir.

There isn't much you can do, just keep sending Nexon tickets.. heck even trying a few megaphones to get their attention might help. (When they send their little "funny" blue texts about Horntail eating them)

Best of luck, hopefully the scum is gone soon~

12. Flatpanel TV Straight Male
    IGN: ° ͜ʖ °
    Server: DEGZA
    Level: T_T
    Job: This is FParta!
    Guild: I like toast
    Alliance: @__________________@
    north korea

Alas, another reason why this game isn't worth playing anymore for anyone who doesn't hack. Why bother reporting? Why bother even complaining anymore? Nothing will get done about it, and if hackers get banned, they'll eventually get unbanned. Hackers, if they even know how to capitalize half-assedly from what they do, get more rewards than non-hackers, in almost every case now, even with Nexon knowing they are hackers.

Are we not to expect more of the same incompetence from Nexon when Maplestory 2 comes out?

13. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

And then they (@ApplePond;) wonder why we view such announcements as the "new ban policy" with cynicism.
    Can't take specific reports? Why, what will happen if a GM happens to investigate a player based on another player's report that was relayed by a volunteer? We're not asking for people to be banned just on the say-so of some forumer, all we ask is that they be investigated. But I guess even that is more respect for the community than Nexon is willing to give.

14. Trump minus th money
    IGN: xparasite9
    Server: Windia
    Level: 250
    Job: I/L Archmage
    Guild: Aerial
    Alliance: N/A

I would hope that this just merely means "Volunteer Forum Moderators are not to behave as a channel of communication between the players and Nexon." So nothing like saying that information is being forwarded or anything like that. Incidental observation of suspicious activities and the notification of such should still be allowed.

Otherwise, what's the point in the reporting system at all? Those are specific reports against players. Why should we even have the reporting section of the ticket submission if it's to be automatically rejected? Uploading evidence files just wastes space.

15. Default Re: Reporting Hackers

Sad that it has to be like this but what can you do... Here is the entire message I got from this volunteer.

"Hello! Thank you for forwarding your concerns to me but unfortunately there's nothing I can do about this. Specific requests involving players who scam, hack and whatnot. The only issues I can relay towards Nexon staff is issues involving the game itself and not the community. The reason for this is because many people would very likely come to us about bad players and whatnot, but if we were to submit these requests it would be as though we are giving benefits to others and it would be unfair to all other players who want to report in bad people they see in the game. This sort of issue can only be done by tickets unfortunately, since the team would need proof.. to investigate the player themselves. So we are asked that each time a request has come, we have to reject helping out and simply request to submit a ticket.. even if the person has sent in one already. Only thing you can do is file a ticket and provide whatever proof and every detail you have about the bad player and they'll investigate when they can. It's up to them what happens from then on.

Sorry that I can't be of help, I'm unable to help anyone with this sort of request. I hope you can understand.

Best of luck with your ticket though, and I hope all works well in your favor. Take care.

Ciel"

16. Default Re: Reporting Hackers

Yeah because these people don't affect the game whats so ever.... LOL

17. Default Re: Reporting Hackers

What if I just report the map that they've been botting in for the last 3 months, every single time I've tracked them? Is it ok to say there's a problem with botters in the Future Henesys Pigs area? Like, if you went there once and tracked them, you'd see their cc/looting hacks in action.