Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default Been messing about in the game files and started recreating the various backgrounds.

Not really "open canvas" as I'm basically just recreating backgrounds from maplestory and turning them into wall papers but I suppose this is the best place to put it.

I've been digging through the files looking for the backgrounds in maplestory and decided to start recreating them, I find it quite enjoyable actually. Started small, then went pretty big with them. Been doing this for over a month or so and have started quite the collection. I have an album of all the images I've made to far including the various resolution changes that have been requested. These aren't 100% accurate since a lot of these places have a bunch of tat in the foreground that get in the way of me getting a clear sight so I added some of my own touches to make them look as nice and accurate as possible. I'm sure these have been done before but to me that doesn't matter, I'm have some fun making these anyways.

I'm open to requests as I'd love to make more of these but I haven't really been everywhere in the game nor do I remember everywhere I've been so I'd help make things a little more productive if I had a list of backgrounds I could make.

Unless stated otherwise they are all 1440x900.

http://imgur.com/a/Yd1CB

I usually just update this album with the new wallpapers I make.

2. Default Re: Been messing about in the game files and started recreating the various backgroun

i love this and i love you

3. Default Re: Been messing about in the game files and started recreating the various backgroun

Haha, thanks! I'm currently working on temple of time so expect to see that soon enough!

4. Default Re: Been messing about in the game files and started recreating the various backgroun

These are certainly nostalgia inducing. Thanks for sharing.

5. Default Re: Been messing about in the game files and started recreating the various backgroun

Glad you like it. I just finished temple of time, some of the more horizontal backgrounds can be annoying to remake as everything is basically in a straight line like this and making it exactly like the game would leave a lot of extra screen space.

6. Default Re: Been messing about in the game files and started recreating the various backgroun

OOH ToT. My favorite place next to Aqua <3
    right-click > save as

7. Default Re: Been messing about in the game files and started recreating the various backgroun

Got any backgrounds you want to see? I'm always open for suggestion!

8. Polar Bear Gay Male
    IGN: danielcatu
    Server: yellonde
    Level: 121
    Job: Wind Archer
    Guild: Vendetta
    Farm: 765pro
    chile

Default Re: Been messing about in the game files and started recreating the various backgroun

maybe the outer space map from evolving world?

9. Default Re: Been messing about in the game files and started recreating the various backgroun

You mean tranquil moonlight? I that's the pantheon background which I've already done (without the forest in the way). 1080p version in the album in the first post. Assuming there isn't anything past the first few stages because I haven't gotten past the default stages.

10. Neon Atom Straight Male

IGN: Huskey
    Server: KradiaEMS
    Level: 160
    Job: Aran
    Guild: UndiesPatrol
    Alliance: UndiesUnited
    netherlands

Default Re: Been messing about in the game files and started recreating the various backgroun

Wauw, these are great!

11. Default Re: Been messing about in the game files and started recreating the various backgroun

Could you do Veritas or Kritias by chance?

12. Default Re: Been messing about in the game files and started recreating the various backgroun

Sure! It's a bit late and I just got theif: gold (if you live in the US or know a fake US adress you get it for free as well. Here's how.) for free so I'll put that on my list of thing to do tomorrow. I think doing kritas might be hard considering I have no clue what it looks like and GMS doesn't have it yet.

edit: woops. Forgot the zero's had access to a form of kritas from their story.

13. Polar Bear Gay Male
    IGN: danielcatu
    Server: yellonde
    Level: 121
    Job: Wind Archer
    Guild: Vendetta
    Farm: 765pro
    chile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnEGMyE6-iA
    i was talking about the 3:56 background... oh well thank you anyway

14. Default Re: Been messing about in the game files and started recreating the various backgroun

I could easily make that background. More important question is where is it from originally? the evolving world only has 1 background in the files and all the others are just taken from other places. I don't think I've ever seen a space background like that before.

Edit: I think I have seen that background before I think it was for an event involving mining in space. Boy was that a while ago... Might take a while to get it made as the files aren't specifically labeled but I'll get it done hopefully soon.

15. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

It's for chaos bosses. Chaos zak, pb or ht. Might be one background for all three or from one of them i don't know.

16. Default Re: Been messing about in the game files and started recreating the various backgroun

Actually it's not. Chaos zakum's space background is black with slight purple tint at the bottom but it's mostly black. This actually is from the save gaga event, I did a quick google image search to compare. They do have similar assets however.

Chaos background.

Save gaga event.

Let me know if these pictures don't work.
    Last edited by theharddrinkingapplejack; 2014-02-24 at 05:51 PM.

17. Default Re: Been messing about in the game files and started recreating the various backgroun

Finished the next 3 as per requested.

This was INCREDIBLY easy because the building is part of the tile set you walk on so it was all 1 image. All I had to do was put some water, some fish, some coral, and I finished :p

The next 2 were harder because one was from an event years back and the next is part of an area that isn't even out yet nor do I have access to since my zero is too low of a level to survive there and I spent all my coins on the Amaterasu sword. The one for the event would have been easier if the stars it used were in the files. It takes star assets from other places so I had to leave the sky starless.

the next 2 would have exceeded the 2MB cap so I'll just post them as links.

http://i.imgur.com/wUATw1y.png

http://i.imgur.com/g3gRXWv.png

edit: took the stars from Kritias and put them in the space background to make it look much better.
    Last edited by theharddrinkingapplejack; 2014-02-24 at 05:43 PM.

18. Default Re: Been messing about in the game files and started recreating the various backgroun

Anyone got any suggestions for what to do next? I've just about done all the places I can think of.

19. Default Re: Been messing about in the game files and started recreating the various backgroun

Do Singapore, Shanghai and Night Market please!!

20. Default Re: Been messing about in the game files and started recreating the various backgroun

On it! sadly it's late as I check this so I'll have to get to it in the morning. Mind telling me how to get to shanghai and night market? I have never been there and I need a reference before I can recreate it. Kritias wouldn't have turned out so good if it wasn't for the fact that it was basically 3 images without all the trees and houses in the background since it's not released to GMS and I can't get a good shot of the background through the mirror world.

Edit: well this will be tricky. Night market and shanghai are not in GMS... I'll just work on Singapore for now.
    Last edited by theharddrinkingapplejack; 2014-02-28 at 07:31 PM.