1. Default D&D 3.5 / Pathfinder: Anyone up for DM'ing?

With the new addition of the dice rolling system, I think now would be an excellent time to start planning/getting a group together for 3.5e / Pathfinder / possibly a hybrid between the two. From what I can tell we have a great mix of experienced, new, and hopeful tabletop gamers on the forums and we should be able to get a group of 3-5 players together consistently - the hard part is getting a DM to run things. 1-2 sessions a month (perhaps every-other weekend or some such) for ~2-3 hours at a time seems to be the norm, though I've seen some groups run much longer depending on how much fun everyone is having/whether or not the supply of beer runs out...

It's a huge responsibility and a lot of work goes into it, I understand - I'm not exactly going to be heartbroken if nobody's willing to take up the mantle. It's just an idea, but I think it could be a lot of fun...

2. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: GatlingPunch
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 200
    Job: Gear 2nd Pirate
    Guild: Virtues
    Alliance: NARs

Default Re: D&D 3.5 / Pathfinder: Anyone up for DM'ing?

Will help this thread a bit. I don't really have enough experience to DM, but U wouldn't mind being one of the players for this group.

How would it work? Would we all spend those few hours posting on SP as well as doing OOC/small chat in IRC?

3. Default Re: D&D 3.5 / Pathfinder: Anyone up for DM'ing?

I'd say something like Skype/Raidcall/etc with ooc on IRC (or vice versa), though we may need a way to display information/a "board" (particularly during battles). There are plenty of "group-drawing" kindof apps/websites that could work for that if we're desperate.

4. Default Re: D&D 3.5 / Pathfinder: Anyone up for DM'ing?

http://roll20.net/

My friends and i have used this for about 3 campaigns, its decent, it has voice chat, text chat, it can display maps and stuff, has grids, and u can make ur own custom little play pieces for it, and also has a built in Dice system that everyone gets to see your rolls(gm is exception) Just leaving this here, good luck. Also has build in soundtrack
    Last edited by KillerZero; 2014-02-22 at 06:08 PM.

5. Default Re: D&D 3.5 / Pathfinder: Anyone up for DM'ing?

Looks useful, thanks for the link. I'll play around with it a bit

6. Nuclear testing facility Straight Male
    IGN: VerrKol
    Server: Zenith
    Level: 204
    Job: Bowmaster
    Guild: LegacyReborn
    Farm: Kolville
    usa

Default Re: D&D 3.5 / Pathfinder: Anyone up for DM'ing?

I definitely don't have the experience to DM, but I'd be happy to join in on the fun.

7. Default Re: D&D 3.5 / Pathfinder: Anyone up for DM'ing?

Me want, but I'm about to start one with some buddies. So maybe next time~ ; A;

8. Default Re: D&D 3.5 / Pathfinder: Anyone up for DM'ing?

The first time I played DnD I was a dwarven bard.

I forgot to write down "Climb" on my character sheet, and with my miniscule bearded stature, I thought it would be a fun idea to climb a tree to get a better vantage point and a view of the surrounding areas.

I rolled a one, fell out of the tree, landed on my head, and got a concussion so bad that I lost my darkvision for 24 hours.

And then there's the time my rogue decided to play around with escape artist, managing to get stuck on the wrong side of the puzzle door.

Uh, also, having a dwarf sing pinkie pie's smile song to inspire courage results in your teammates beheading you.

9. Default Re: D&D 3.5 / Pathfinder: Anyone up for DM'ing?

Had an enemy hobgoblin hanging from a ledge at one point. I could go up and stomp on his hands to make him let go and fall to his doom, but that seemed a bit too...mundane. Instead, I ask my DM if there are any large rocks nearby, prompting some weird looks from the rest of the party. He replies sure, there are a few the size of baseballs and a couple that would require 2 hands to life. I cast "Command" on the hobgobby and pick up one of the larger rocks, throwing it in his direction while shouting "Catch!"

The hobgoblin successfully caught the rock. The ground, 100 feet below, successfully caught the hobgoblin. The DM ruled that, while Command typically cannot be used to directly cause a creature to kill itself, my use of a creature's innate instincts to catch a thrown object superceded that particular restriction.