IGN: Pybo
    Server: Scania
    Level: 211
    Job: Shade
    Guild: Reconcile
    Alliance: Intersection
    Farm: Mordor

Default KMS Inner Ability Revamp - Questions

As part of the 'You and I' update KMS recently received, the Inner Ability system was overhauled (more details here). I was left with a couple of questions after reading through the update notes, and I was wondering if anyone here could answer them.

1. Were players able to use old Medals of Honor after the update?
    2. How hard is it to gain honor post update? (Should I farm medals prior the update?)
    3. Does anyone have a video of how the new system works?
    4. Were any new lines introduced after the update?

Thanks in advance

2. Default Re: KMS Inner Ability Revamp - Questions

@Imaginal; @HighOnMushrooms; @Spadow; @TheBlackMage; @Kobe;

1. Yes they were
    2. Pretty sure it was beneficial to keep your medals, I've been hearing mixed opinions about whether to use them before or after the revamp.
    Can't answer 3 and 4 as I don't play KMS, I'm afraid.

3. Water Straight Male

Default Re: KMS Inner Ability Revamp - Questions

Well, the notes did say that you get 500 points for every Honor Level, so perhaps it'd be wise to level up to a certain point

4. Default Re: KMS Inner Ability Revamp - Questions

1, 2. I've heard that the Medals only give 3 to 10 Honor EXP post-revamp, so depending on your Honor Level it might or might not be a wise idea to use them before the update.
    3. It's pretty similar to the old system, with the addition of line lock (you can choose up to 2 lines to lock) and the ability to circulate after Legendary. There are details about the costs somewhere but I cannot find it right now.

Can't answer 4 but I would assume no because I haven't heard anything about it anywhere.

5. Water Straight Male

That's good to know. There's no problem locking Legendary lines, right?
    Unless it doesn't cost a lot of points to reset your lines, 3-10 EXP for every medal is pretty low.

6. Default Re: KMS Inner Ability Revamp - Questions

Oh, I've found the blog post. Here it is:
    http://imaginalkms.wordpress.com/201...ility-changes/

Unfortunately it doesn't say anything about cost to lock Legendary lines. Cost to circulate without locking is 100.

7. Water Straight Male

Wow, that's a lot of points. Considering I'm already at Legendary, and I will need to lock 1 of my lines, I think I'll get my Honor Level to as high as I can.

Going to destroy my finger

8. Default Re: KMS Inner Ability Revamp - Questions

It's a lot less painful with MouseKeys.

9. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

question about locks, does it lock -THE LINE- or -THE RANK-?

i keep hearing both. but by god if it's the line i'll finally be able to get rid of that horrid "accuracy to damage" line screwing up my range.

10. Default Re: KMS Inner Ability Revamp - Questions

You can lock 1 or 2 lines only if you choose to lock the rank.

11. Default Re: KMS Inner Ability Revamp - Questions

Does anyone know if the revamp gave honor points right off the bat depending if you leveled your honor or not? My honor level is 70 (leveled it before the unleashed revamp) so I'm wondering if I should use up the few thousand medals I have saved up or if I should just drop them.

12. Donator Straight Male
    panama

well screw that ._. i like my +1 skill damage and +39% buff duration lines, and if i'm not wrong, lines don't double legendary anymore right?

13. Default Re: KMS Inner Ability Revamp - Questions

When you log in after the patch your Honor level and total Honor will be deleted but you'll get 500 x your Honor level worth of Honor to use with the new system.

Let's say you get an average of 6 Honor per medal after this patch (since they give like 3~10), you should use up your Medals now until it takes you more than 500/6 or ~84 medals to level up your Honor. Then save the rest until after the patch.
    I'm not sure what you mean? :S All lines share the same Rank after this patch. If I'm not misunderstanding you, you could lock your rank to Legendary, then lock the two lines you wish to keep, and reset your IA to get rid of the line you don't want.

14. Water Straight Male

I think what he's saying is that his current rank is Unique, and he won't be able to get to Legendary, unless he gives up on his current lines.

15. Donator Straight Male
    panama

actually i misunderstood and saw a comma that wasn't there, i thought he said you could lock one line, or the rank of two lines, when (if i got this right) it works like this:

lock rank
    lock line 1
    lock line 2
    reset.

correct?

i have two legendary lines (1 and 2), and i was wondering if resetting without locking the second line would make it fall back to legendary/unique/unique, but if i can lock 2 ranks and lines then i have no issues.

16. Water Straight Male

Yes, from what I understood, you can lock 2 lines, regardless of what rank you're at. Problem is, it costs massive amounts of points. I believe a person, in our shoes (Legendary rank with at least 1 good line), with a current level 100 Honor level won't be able to reset his potential for 'free' more than 3 times.
    I really hope an Azwan revamp is also planned.

17. Donator Straight Male
    panama

that sucks, but all i want is to get rid of the darned third line, so i hope that i have enough for at least one.

my rank is like 70 or so though, ugh

18. Default Re: KMS Inner Ability Revamp - Questions

This sounds awesome! I have legendary inner ability right now, with +1 attack speed as the only legendary line. Sounds like I should actually use those medals instead of thinking they're trash and discarding them.

19. Neutron

IGN: shootDaFokUp
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannon Master
    Guild: BlackRose

I thought u have more....