1. Water
    IGN: Dragon4meII
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 211
    Job: Kaiser
    Guild: Contagious
    Alliance: PityDaFool

Default Creation VS Evolution

This is happening right now. Bill Nye vs Ken Ham in a debate on Evolution versus Creationism. Should be very interesting.

http://debatelive.org/

2. Default Re: Creation VS Evolution

Sadly, im doing homework and dont have time to watch it.. But I'll leave my vote right here

3. I post a lot Bi Male
    IGN: ZesseiBijin
    Level: 204
    Job: Kanna
    Guild: NEST
    Farm: Razmosia
    uk

Default Re: Creation VS Evolution

Nerd fight!

4. Donator Straight Female
    IGN: icephoenix21
    Server: Scania
    Level: 212
    Job: Bishop
    Guild: DremithCross
    Alliance: Evolution
    Farm: IcePhoenix
    canada

It's interesting to hear both sides.

However on topics such as this, I think it's best to just agree to disagree.

I highly doubt that Billy Nye will be persuaded to believe creationism or vice-versa.

6. Default Re: Creation VS Evolution

7. Default Re: Creation VS Evolution

Bill Nye the Science Guy
    Bill Nye the Science Guy
    Bill, Bill, Bill, Bill, Bill, Bill
    Bill Nye the Science Guy
    (Science rules)
    Bill Nye the Science Guy

8. Default Re: Creation VS Evolution

Well that was interesting.

Although the bulk of the debate [to me and In my own opinion] was:

We don't know vs Trust in Bible's Words.

But still entertaining. I liked how Ken Ham brought up the point that even though scientists claim that the Earth is so sold, yet they have never dated anything to that age that specifically was from Earth [ oldest things dated were apparently meteorites] I dont know how much truth is in this statement.

9. Default Re: Creation VS Evolution

I don't see how that disproves the age of the earth. Moon rocks were also used in dating the earth, and the formation of the moon was after the formation of the earth.

10. Water

One of the best points Mr. Nye brought up on the age of the Earth was the simple fact that we have a tree that is 9556 years old in Sweden and yet Mr. Ham claims that the Earth is around 4000 years old. Tree dating is a proven science so I do not understand how they get around that one item.

11. Default Re: Creation VS Evolution

I guess they argue that those meteorites don't have to do with the young earth, what I don't get is how come god made the earth several billions of years after he made those meteorites that ended up crashing with his masterpiece.

Also didn't see it all(just from Bills second presentation till the end) but all I saw Ken do was contradict himself over and over again, I guess if Bill had had the chance he would also pointed it out.

12. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

the first part doesn't really matter, god could have made meteorites before the earth, and then those crashed here, thus older-than-earth meteorites. so any believer could easily refute that point

shame i didn't get to watch this, is this in YT already?

13. Default Re: Creation VS Evolution

The guy said it would be there on the debatelive.org site for a few days if you want to show it to anyone.

Edit: Yup there it is, the whole 2 hours and 45 minutes. *_*

14. Water

As was said, there was no way any of this would change ones mind who is already made it. It is just always nice to hear what the other side uses as "proof". It gives you a chance to research it and see if it jives with what you already knew or it may even make you think of something you had not before.

15. Trump minus th money
    IGN: xparasite9
    Server: Windia
    Level: 250
    Job: I/L Archmage
    Guild: Aerial
    Alliance: N/A

Who is this Ham guy and why does he think that Earth is younger than God's chosen race?

16. Default Re: Creation VS Evolution

This entire debate could be summed up with one question that was actually asked during the debate.
    "What, if anything, could change your mind?"

Ken Ham: Nothing
    Bill Nye: Evidence
    Last edited by Malthe; 2014-02-05 at 04:34 AM.

17. Default Re: Creation VS Evolution

That debate is the same every time. As interesting as it may be to hear both sides, the points are the same every time and as long as creationists keep their mindset the conversation won't move on. I'm all for people with different believes talking and discussing their views, it's democratic and a good thing; however I just can't stand how boring and stale this discussion is.

18. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

To be fair, it's not like the evolutionists are willing to change their mindset, either.
    Both sides have a failsafe against any possible argument or evidence, be it "it was created that way" or "there must be a scientific explanation, even if we haven't found it yet".

The purpose of these debates, in their many incarnations, is not to sway the other side. That's impossible. It's to sway the undecided members of the audience, or strengthen them in the beliefs they already hold but don't know how to defend.

19. Default Re: Creation VS Evolution

I noticed they did not mention our true creator

20. Cool Re: Creation VS Evolution

The fact that dna exists and can mutate from generation to generation proves evolution exists.

If evolution wasn't a thing selective breeding of various animal species for desired traits wouldn't be s thing.