1. Electron Male
    IGN: ArchMageSjon
    Server: Kradia EMS
    Level: 200
    Job: Arch Mage (I,L)
    Guild: BlackRoses
    Alliance: JustHaveFun
    netherlands

Default How to travel quick in MapleStory!

I've made a little video guide. What do you think of it?

2. Default Re: How to travel quick in MapleStory!

You can travel quickly from Aqua to Maple Island?

3. Electron Male
    netherlands

Default Re: How to travel quick in MapleStory!

Oops, Wrong arrow. Editting it.

Edited hopfully YouTube will change it fast.

4. Trump minus th money
    IGN: xparasite9
    Server: Windia
    Level: 250
    Job: I/L Archmage
    Guild: Aerial
    Alliance: N/A

You can travel directly from Rien to Minar Forest?

5. Electron Male
    netherlands

When you use your Mystic Field. Yes it can.

6. Default Re: How to travel quick in MapleStory!

I guess that would not apply to GMS since we don't have that. But can't us use the mystic field from practically anywhere that is teleportable?

Zero has one of the best return skills, since you can go to hene or leafre and it only has a 30sec cooldown.

7. Default Re: How to travel quick in MapleStory!

This is a bit out dated. The current best/easiest method for GMS is to use the Friend Story dimension link. It's available at really low levels too, like as low as level 30. Just use the link and it automatically teleports you to Henesys, then just exit the building, use the quick move to get to the dimension gate and then go to any town from there you like.

Likewise, if you're out in the middle of the field with no town nearby you can use the Silent Crusade shop link (in the book icon) to buy a transport ticket to the hideout for 10 SC coins.

There's also some fun tricks you can do with the boss matching. For example start in Commerci and then boss link to Zakum, then talk to the NPC to go to El Nath, etc, etc. Basically you can move around quite a lot and then when you're done do one last boss link and exit and it'll bring you back to Commerci, which is handy because there's no portal link to it.

8. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Considering 10 SC coins are worth 50 Spell Traces, that's a really expensive shortcut. Just keep a stack of nearest-town scrolls in your inventory at all times.

9. Default Re: How to travel quick in MapleStory!

Well, that winds up using an inventory slot though that you could have otherwise kept mostly free. Also I don't think that works in all areas, like I don't think you can do that at Gollux (to avoid going back through the maze). The return tickets will work on just about every map in the game. Spell traces are worth around 10k at most (in most worlds) so you'd only be wasting around a half million. I suppose you'd have to decide which is more important... losing an inventory slot... or losing a half million mesos.

==EDIT==
    You need an inventory slot open only when you want to transport, otherwise it remains open. This is mostly handy when you're like mass grinding in that you're less likely to miss neb boxes that don't get picked up by your pets because of a lack of slots. The thing about the slots isn't about keeping them static so much as keeping slots open/free except when they need to be used for some particular purpose, for example using the transport ticket or for picking up neb boxes or for picking up dropped cubic blades in Commerci or for getting random epic goodies from random map bosses (it would be really bad to miss out on a 10% scroll because you happened to have no open slots at the time) or whatever the need may arise. And, again, the tickets will work just about anywhere, the town tickets are pretty restrictive. Half a million mesos also isn't much if you play the game on a regular basis. I'm not even that good at merching and I easily rack up around a 100 mill mesos a day on average.

==EDIT==
    Hence the need for an update. ಠ_ಠ

==EDIT==
    I have become convinced that there are a great number of people here who don't actually play this game... like, at all. Or they haven't played regularly since the Bush administration. I just made TWO MILLION mesos selling recovery drops from easy Von Leon and easy/regular Horntail... add in easy Magnus next, Normal/Chaos Zakkum and easy Ranmaru and that'll jump up to nearly 5 to 7 MILLION mesos... a day... just from GARBAGE DROPS... honestly, if you think a half million mesos is some great amount you either haven't played this game in over five years or you only play for five minutes a day.

And yes, missing a 10% clean slate scroll from a random map boss would be exceptionally unfortunate, like upwards of 30 million mesos unfortunate.

And, again, if you actually played this game (at all) then you would know that town return scrolls don't work in places like Gollux... heck they even work in the Temple of Time (they just transport you to the start of the temple). They also don't work in Future Henesys (or if they do they return you to the blank towns where there's no portals).

So yes, if you're a newbie who has never been off of Victoria island... then probably best to stick with town return scrolls. If you actually play the game though and do Gollux runs... well... you don't actually have a choice, town return scrolls DO NOT WORK THERE. smh

==EDIT==

Apparently I made one of the admins all heinie hurt and so out of indignant rage they restricted this account to only one post a day... but I can just edit posts and add in replies that way.

And, again, you're clearly showing off the fact that you don't actually play this game... at all. Those random boss drops are not "right there", they come dropping out of the sky or pooping out of treasure box mobs with a little purple chest... and you don't know what you're getting until you pick it up. Could be random restorative items, could be a clean slate scroll... you just don't know. That's why, at THIS POINT in the game (not a year ago) it's beneficial to have AS MANY OPEN SLOTS AS POSSIBLE... although arguably slightly less important since Nexon nerfed the random boss drops slightly.

When they first came out those random boss drops were just... all over the freakin place.

PS - There is a difference between a newbie and a Henehoe... a newbie actually PLAYS the game... so a newbie KNOWS that you can't use town return scrolls at GOLLUX... a Henehoe on the other hand... well, they don't.

PSS - Again, had you ACTUALLY BEEN PLAYING THIS GAME... you would know that NEXON NERFED ALL THE MAJOR BOSSES... they are now so freakin weak that anyone can solo the easy versions without even breaking the 100k range mark in most cases.

Mostly because this thread is already long established in Google searches so it spiders much easier than a brand new thread would.

Well, what they ought to do is combine a lot of those lesser worlds that don't have as many people. Inflation is the real problem though in Maplestory, coupled with restrictive meso caps. Most "godly" items and such are worth so much that you have to trade mesos across multiple mules or either trade for other goods, like good A rank nebs make good bartering chips. My general point though was that a half million or even a million mesos is just... garbage... factoring in that most highly coveted items start at a billion mesos easy. I mean, I go around giving newbies 10 million mesos here and there just to be nice... that's how crazy the inflation has become.

If you have time to clear your inventory that's great, but you often don't. A lot of times the first thing I do when one pops up is type out, "WAIT! NOBODY DO ANYTHING!" because more often than not someone will just wipe the boss out in seconds, which isn't enough time to clear inventory space. Some people likewise will do it on purpose just be mean like that. Other times you'll get a random notification that one has popped up on some map, but by the time you get there, even if there are just low level/range players fighting it, you usually only have a few seconds left before it's dead.

There's some tricks you can use to make things easier, for example have some dumpy low level potions in your inventory... but just have ONE of each. That way you can just click on them real fast and don't have to drop anything. And, as such, it'll prevent junky items from grinding from taking up all the empty spots.

Which would be great... except for that fact that, again, THE TOWN SCROLLS DO NOT WORK IN EVERY LOCATION. ಠ_ಠ

And even in some places where they do work they don't bring you to a location with a dimensional mirror.

Also, you're partly wrong about access. Every person ~does~ have "access" to those opportunities, but some people simply don't have the time, or they'd rather "pay for convenience" by dumping real money into the game rather than actually playing for stuff. But in general the "access" is ALWAYS there, it's just a matter of whether you want to play the game for at least two or three hours a day. Some people do, some people don't. It's also a matter of comprehension/learning and whether a person even ~wants~ to learn/comprehend how the game works.

For example when I first started playing the game, for the first few weeks I had no idea at all what potentials were and it even took me a good week just sum up the effort to figure out what those "weird job levels" were. When I first started playing I was pretty well content to just use my "noob tazer" first job skill and just went around doing quests.

And there's quite a lot of random stuff like that, little things that can make a BIG difference when added together, some of which aren't even general knowledge at all. For example there's no in game tutorial explaining the crusader codex sets and even link skills and card sets are a big mystery to many newer players.

Unless you have the time, effort and energy to invest into learning all the ins and outs then you probably won't have such easy "access" as you put it... but it is generally a choice, it's not like anyone is being excluded. As I once said, you generally have two options with this game... you can "pay to win" or you can "play to win"... but you can't "Henehoe to win".
    Last edited by Krysti; 2015-04-13 at 09:38 PM.

10. Orbital Bee Cannon

No, the choice is to lose an inventory slot, or lose half a million meso every time you want to go to town.
    Plus you need a free slot for the transport ticket.

11. Default Re: How to travel quick in MapleStory!

Well no pomegranate, it's over a year old...

12. Default

Half a million mesos per teleport adds up quickly. I sure as hell wouldn't do it if I was a new player. Why is a single inventory slot so important that youd waste over 500k per teleport for? Just clear out the other garbage you're undoubtedly holding onto for no reason. I really, REALLY highly doubt you're going to make millions off that slot. You're being silly.

Why do you keep editing your post? Just reply with a quote, your wall of text is a headache to keep up with and I shouldn't have to scroll UP to read your response. And again, you don't seem to understand. New players can't kill root abyss, or Von Leon, or any of these big bosses that drop hundreds of thosr potions in stacks. Your point is moot.

How the hell would someone miss a clean slate from a boss? It's right there, in plain sight. Drop something, pick it up and check it, move on with life. You're really making this into some huge issue that really doesn't even need to be a thing. These kinds of guides are tailored TOWARDS the very "newbies" you're being so strangely condescending towards. Cool your jets. You aren't some gift from God to us. Definitely far from it.

13. Default Re: How to travel quick in MapleStory!

A game where you NPC drops from bosses to make cash since no market exists outside of Scania, Bera or Windia is a game I certainly have in my top 10

14. Default Re: How to travel quick in MapleStory!

Well, yeah, but the OP hasn't even come to Southperry in about a year. Why don't you make an updated one? There certainly seems to be a need for it.

15. Default Re: How to travel quick in MapleStory!

I skimmed your post and didn't realize you were talking about elite bosses. But isn't it kind of common sense to clear out your inventory before you kill one when it pops up? I dunno, I feel like this strange issue you have is easily solved by simply managing your inventory and not holding onto pointless junk. There have been plennnnnty of free inventory expansion events given to us in the past half year alone.

Putting in an easy mode isn't nerfing the boss. Easy mode drops are also crap.

That all aside, you're right, I don't play as much anymore. This game's market is pomegranate, I've soloed every boss available, quests are borderline worthless in terms of rewards, grinding yields very slow monetary gains, and the game can't go a week without an unscheduled maintenance because of how many damn holes it's code has in it. Can you really blame me, or anyone for thst matter? You act like it's such a bad thing.

16. Default Re: How to travel quick in MapleStory!

There are many problems with maplestory, ones that haven't even been closed to being solved. The problem is your perspective is assuming a lot of things based on the value of mesos' the free market has determined. Just because the highest available gear that is droppable is npcable for millions, doesn't mean every person has access to that specific opportunity. I will say that mesos' have only gotten worse since there was no real answer for meso farming, but in general towns scrolls are a better option for those who don't play a game just to boss and npc gears.

17. Orbital Bee Cannon

Or, you know, get a bossing buddy.
    You need someone for RA anyway. Use them to boss tele both to and from all bosses, whatever godforsaken map they're on. You can then split up and each solo the boss (not at RA, obviously), if you prefer.

The Silent Crusade Hideout tip is useful if you end up in a jam, but I would not use it as my regular means of transportation.