1. Default How are Zeros at bossing Compared to Paliadins?

Well, since scissors are on sale tomorrow, I was considering scissoring all my warrior gear onto my zero. As you can see by the title, my current class is paladin.

I was just wondering how well do Zero's do at bossing? As a paladin, I can pretty much stomp at most bosses due to threaten cutting defense essentially in half and void elemental making any damage lost at bosses by their passive phsyical def basically nothing [seriously OP skill...]

I was just wondering if I would actually be weaker by transferring all my equips to my zero. If that is true, there's not really any point.

Also general opinions on how Zero's boss would be nice. Also people's damage with ranges against bosses would help a ton! [with str % and att in status window please]

Thanks~

2. Can of Soup Straight Male
    IGN: chicoran
    Server: Bera
    Level: 200
    Job: Aran IV
    Guild: Risk
    Alliance: Bastion
    venezuela

Default Re: How are Zeros at bossing Compared to Paliadins?

I have both classes and bossed with both, Paladin is simple, get 5 charges, use blast, charges, blast until blast buff is off, repeat. The only draw back is the long buff time that is horrible at Magnus.

Zero is pretty much divided in 2, Alpha is like a paladin without buffs, you don't move much and it's easy to land her skills but you need to be sure to always have the pdr reduction debuff on the boss- Alpha on the other hand... Is too mobile for his own good, he has Iframes on most of his skills but he dies too much from Magnus' balls, you need to be very careful with which combination are you going to use because he is also very squishy like Aran. In General there are some big perks from Zero, that are: they can cheat pot cooldown with tag mode, if one of them gets stunned in the time you use tag mode, the stun doesn't affect the other Zero, the teleport skill is great for saving Alpha. The bad things are that alpha is too squishy, their bind is occassional (but still as good as paladin's, i tested it myself). their Dr debuff is bad most of the time, it counts the debuff time from the time the monster is inside the range, so you could end up with a few secs with DR that would kill you without problem...

Damage wise, well, My paladin was always more stable and usually finished easy magnus in 5 mins, whereas my zero (without sengoku totems, the 75% Boss damage shield and 30% PDr, 9%att badge at that momment (didn't have money for cubes), and a perfect weapon, my Zero weapon was + 3 (2 8 att scrolls and 1 9) and 30% Boss). did it on 10-11mins.

So, I'll say that yes, Zero is stronger but also more challenging, I still found my paladin better for my playstyle because in my time playing Zero, I hated Alpha like no tomorrow, I couldn't stand using him because I was sure that somehow I was going to die...

3. Default Re: How are Zeros at bossing Compared to Paliadins?

Thanks for your input ^^

Maybe I'll just stay as a paladin if no one else has any comments.

4. Default Re: How are Zeros at bossing Compared to Paliadins?

ima jump on this, because, i farmed gollux with both zero & pally, lvl 200s, trading the same equips back and forth so, except for weapons/2ndary and overall, they wore exactly the same gear. It was a while ago, so i dont recall the exact ranges but the gear was something like 9% hat, 9% (18atk) glove, 10%belt, 12% shoe, 12% cape, 12% earring, +25 atk racc mask,
    these were not funded, the xfer is leftover warrior stuff after upgrading my kaiser main.

Spoiler

i cannot see the benefit or practicality of using zero in GMS format. the class is a lot of fun to play and i love seeing the high numbers stack to the top of the screen, but murphy's law always seems to defeat my zero's game play

5. Brick Male
    IGN: ZeroCA
    Server: Windia
    Level: 21x
    Job: Zero
    Guild: EssentiaI
    Alliance: N/A
    Farm: ReneMule
    usa

I will quit Zero tomorrow, but I was able to do Normal gollux and easy mag with no problems at all. It just takes a bit of finetuning.

6. Default Re: How are Zeros at bossing Compared to Paliadins?

I was actually considering using a pally as well, however for Zero vs Gollux, i managed to get the timing just right to avoid the attacks with relatively good consistency.

However i really need to learn to not test bosses while at 90% exp.
    That's a good way to make yourself very angry.

7. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: GatlingPunch
    Server: Bellocan
    Job: Gear 2nd Pirate
    Guild: Virtues
    Alliance: NARs

Did you guys take advantage of Zero's Burst Step ability, where you can use their teleport skill in between attacks? It's kinda tough and has a small window of opportunity, but you can essentially attack, teleport, and continue attacking. So for Beta she's indeed painfully slow with her attack animations, but you can say Earth Break twice, then Burst Step to an opposite direction and do the final Earth Break attack.

8. Default Re: How are Zeros at bossing Compared to Paliadins?

ive done it; but with a little lag, u can teleport and still be stunned. pally is probably the best functioning bosser atm. heal, crash, bind, invincibility, stance, flashjump, (hyper)threaten, void element

the only drawback will be buff duration; blast is incredibly short (45sec) and takes 5, very vulnerable charges to rebuff. many-a-pally die between recasting blast.

9. Default Re: How are Zeros at bossing Compared to Paliadins?

I do this a lot in Gollux. It's super useful.

10. Can of Soup Straight Male
    IGN: chicoran
    Server: Bera
    Job: Aran IV
    Guild: Risk
    Alliance: Bastion
    venezuela

I do it but it's still bad in magnus, that's why beta is a lot better lol.

11. Default Re: How are Zeros at bossing Compared to Paliadins?

Works poorly for people with extremely high latency, such that post-teleport/loot/whatever delay is at least 1s, sometimes in good excess. I used to do that too when grinding my Zero, in that if one move of a combo is enough to kill a group of mobs, I'd save that 2nd or 3rd hit, particularly for Combo 3 since it rushes.

Hadriel

12. Neon Atom
    IGN: Godtastik
    Server: Windia
    Level: 21x
    Job: Zero / CM
    Guild: Articulate
    Alliance: Notorious

I can only share my experience as a Zero here, since my paladin is only @ lvl 145. So you be the judge of that.
    To make it simple, here is my pros and cons:

Pros:
    +No problem healing in potion locked/timed area.
    +Can remove buff from boss and debuff from yourself and party including DR, skill lock and seduces (though you have to cast it first and inside the zone).
    +Binds almost any boss for 5 sec every 15 sec
    +Extremely high % skill damage.
    +God mode every 3 mins or lower.
    +Self revive skill.
    +Only have 2 active buff to recast after dying. ( Also imo, zero can skip decent co as the bonus given is not much like some other class).
    +Teleport skill can be use almost anytime to avoid trouble.
    +Amazing passives. Range is more than most other class with the same equipment.
    +One lucky potential in weapon = 2x lucky.

Cons:
    -Need to limit some skill as Alpha in some bosses to survive (e.g Magnus and C.vellum)
    -Therefore, can't use the most damaging combos.
    -Shadow Rain (Ultimate move) makes some boss glitchy and stuck in animation until the end of the skill. Boss may attack whilst in this stuck animation but we can't see it.
    -No Hero's Will.
    -Can't go over 50m cap with skills.
    -Easily reach 50m cap on some skill. Thus further improvement would only benefit some skill.
    -Won't get the best dojo time. Tagging makes entering door too slow (It maybe just me and my terrible ping).
    -Have to scroll your own weapon. Untradable makes it somewhat hard to scroll. Can't resell hard earned weapon. Cant anvil.
    -Can't ignore physical resist like paladin.
    -Time Distortion makes it hard to see on some boss like C.vellum and C.von bon. Need to be more transparent.

Zero just need practice. I don't think I have very good control over zero but I can still survive bosses like magnus and c.vellum pretty well. (Manage to survive c.vellum till the times over after like many practice). So, imo, anyone can do it with some practice.

Even though I never boss with Paladin but on paper, Paladin is the better bosser imo just because of its simple play style, useful bossing skills, amazing defense and party skills. Either solo or with party.

Thats it from me. @Justin; can add more i think. Hope this help you on making your choice.

13. Default Re: How are Zeros at bossing Compared to Paliadins?

Zero aren't made for bossing. They require the most skill I'd say for any class. Dodging enemy skills and they have the most inconsistent damage output. You always using 3 different skills for Alpha and Beta to manage your cooldowns, so the damage output is always fluctuating. Other classes can just spam one skill.

14. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: GatlingPunch
    Server: Bellocan
    Job: Gear 2nd Pirate
    Guild: Virtues
    Alliance: NARs

Huh, really? I kinda felt they were a bossing class since they have many tools at their disposal:
    -15 seconds of invincbility every 3 minutes or less AND resets all cooldowns
    -Produce a field that increases damage done to enemy/boss by 25%, removes enemy buffs, and removes ally debuffs
    -Can self-rez every 5 minutes, or less if the cooldown is reset every 3 minutes or less
    -AoE ultimate that can bind
    -Beta can bind every 15 seconds
    -If the enemy/boss can't kill you in one hit, Zero can essentially never die, even with pot lock.

Just listing Zero pros that makes them able to boss. I'm well aware Paladins are ridiculously hard to kill, as well as having a very straightfoward way of bossing.

15. Default Re: How are Zeros at bossing Compared to Paliadins?

While Alpha is mobile, you don't have to use his third combo (the mobile one that jumps around) in Magnus. There was a video of a zero somewhere who did a very nice solo of normal magnus on a zero with a low range. His control was impeccable.

16. Default Re: How are Zeros at bossing Compared to Paliadins?

Yes, these all sound good on paper. But when you actually experience them against a boss, they suck a lot.

You have to have 100% control over your zero for bosses such as Gollux and Magnus, think about how much mobility Alpha has, you are basically flying across the map with him. As for Beta, you can't move once you have attacked because her animations are too dam long. You can break up her skills and use the teleport skill in between, but in doing so you are sacrificing the tag duration, meaning you are losing out on DPS.

I also believed I mentioned this before, you are limited by your cool downs as a zero. This forces you do utilise all your other skills, meaning you can't spam one skill, and your damage is always fluctuating and because you are using so many different types of skills, it's even harder to dodge stuff. If you'd seen the damage difference between some of the zero skills you'd understand. Totally inconsistent damage, making them lose out to pretty much every other class in terms of bossing even WITH the extra tag damage.

Just watch this, You can see the difference in damage with some of the skills and the skills that have to be used to maintain the cooldowns.

17. Default Re: How are Zeros at bossing Compared to Paliadins?

Distortion field is dodgy at gollux and commerci as well. I found that in commerci, the actual hitbox for distortion field on livy to take effect was the spot that mesos could end up below the ship. Since they patched teleporting downwards... Can't seem to get it anymore.

18. Default Re: How are Zeros at bossing Compared to Paliadins?

Yer it is, that's why I never use it. Never saw that 25% extra damage when I used it xD