Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
  1. Default Re: Nintendo Direct thread:E3 Digital event. June 10th 9amPST/midday EST/5PM BST

Q) Do you think I would have made the nintendo direct threads as well as the wii u/3ds discussion threads and a handful of other nintendo related threads if I wanted them to die? As well as having a wii u since launch?

I just don't believe in this massive circle jerking that somehow everything is alright and things will be ok for nintendos home console market: It's not. Wii U is going to be nintendos biggest home console failure and they know it.

Also, I never once mentioned it being iwatas fault alone, only you did, so I'm not sure where you got that from.

It's already been seen multiple times that there isn't a market and as such 3rd parties are never coming back to wii u except the scant few games that nintendo pays for the development of. Even if nintendo convinced them right now to make games for them again (which they won't), the games would all still be a year+ out.

The majority of 3rd parties have already decided wiiu sales weren't good enough to justify 360/ps3 ports. There's no way in hell they're going to start building games from the ground up for them.

2. Default Re: Nintendo Direct thread:E3 Digital event. June 10th 9amPST/midday EST/5PM BST

My Wii U has had the most use out of it with MK8 in the past 6 days than its ever had since i bought it 8 months ago...

I hope they announce some good stuff at E3 because otherwise the only game i have left is smash and even then i'm not the biggest fan of that series.

3. Default Re: Nintendo Direct thread:E3 Digital event. June 10th 9amPST/midday EST/5PM BST

Opinions can change with the past of time, so I wouldn't know.

I don't think anybody here believes the Wii U is alright or certain that things will be ok. Personally my point has been that there could be a chance for things to head the right way, not even stating its a chance for things to be ok.

I focus my criticism on Iwata because well, he is the head of Nintendo and the one to take responsability the decisions made. Just like that guy leading Microsoft's gaming Branch which left the company after the massive negative feedback the Xbone got, Iwata should have left Nintendo for whats the biggest failure in their console business.

A great thing about the future is that it isn't set in stone, which means it could change if the right decisions are made. It might be pretty unlikely but it is the duty of the people at Nintendo to figure out what to do in order to, at the very least, lessen the problems they have, including 3rd party support.

Is it really that hard to believe that, if Nintendo were to release at least other 3 console seller games like just for example, Super Mario Galaxy 3, an HD 3rd person Super Metroid remake and Pokemon Stadium U, that people would buy enough consoles for a few 3rd parties to consider it aswell again?.

4. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Default Re: Nintendo Direct thread:E3 Digital event. June 10th 9amPST/midday EST/5PM BST

Super mario 3D world is very much worth investing time into as well. Those three games are probably the best the wii u has to offer at the moment.

5. Default Re: Nintendo Direct thread:E3 Digital event. June 10th 9amPST/midday EST/5PM BST

oh oopsie i forgot all about that one. Finished it though ;)

6. Default Re: Nintendo Direct thread:E3 Digital event. June 10th 9amPST/midday EST/5PM BST

Iwata is ill and won't be at E3. :(

I guess the digital event might have been prerecorded in time and he could be there, but maybe that's why it's a digital event and not a direct?

Time to break out the other Satoru though, Shibata time.

7. Default Re: Nintendo Direct thread:E3 Digital event. June 10th 9amPST/midday EST/5PM BST

That's rather unfortunate news. I hope it's nothing too serious.

I think the "digital event" rather than a "direct" was just to tell us (the fans) that the format wont be necessarily the same as what we are use to with the directs.
    Just a theory because they distinctly addressed it with a different name.

8. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    IGN: Musiphe
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 277
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Epic
    Alliance: Fatal
    Colorado

Default Re: Nintendo Direct thread:E3 Digital event. June 10th 9amPST/midday EST/5PM BST

Hottest thing going around right now.

http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comme...ow_floor_leak/

9. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

That's certainly an extremely creative idea. One of those ideas you hear of and are amazed they didn't come up with it 5 years ago.

10. Default Re: Nintendo Direct thread:E3 Digital event. June 10th 9amPST/midday EST/5PM BST

I can't tell if that's supposed to be a 3DSXL stylus in the picture or Wii U, but I'm leaning towards Wii U.

Shame that they're going for another SMB NES romhack, that's already been done to death and a level maker is going to be nothing compared to what the modding community has already done to SMB. I would have vastly preferred a NSMB level editor.

But then they wouldn't be able to sell us more NSMB games, I guess.

11. Default Re: Nintendo Direct thread:E3 Digital event. June 10th 9amPST/midday EST/5PM BST

I hope we get some news revealed about Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem, because goddamn it's been almost a year and a half since any news of that has been released.

It's like Nintendo's own Final Fantasy XV.

12. Default Re: Nintendo Direct thread:E3 Digital event. June 10th 9amPST/midday EST/5PM BST

I hope that is an eshop game, the leasts Nintendo needs right now is silly games promoted like full games.

13. Default Re: Nintendo Direct thread:E3 Digital event. June 10th 9amPST/midday EST/5PM BST

Assuming it even exists anymore because of the whole Atlus and all related properties including SMT being sold to sega. If I don't see it this E3, I'm just assuming it was canned.

It's obviously an eshop game like the other 2 NES remix games. At worst it would be a packaged release with all 3 games on one disc, as well as an eshop game.

14. Default Re: Nintendo Direct thread:E3 Digital event. June 10th 9amPST/midday EST/5PM BST

Japan has a 3rd party direct coming tomorrow...and...supposedly

@byakugan

15. Default Re: Nintendo Direct thread:E3 Digital event. June 10th 9amPST/midday EST/5PM BST

I could see Nintendo stumping up the cash to get a Megaman game on their system.

But it will probably be something lame like more Megaman VC games.

16. Default Re: Nintendo Direct thread:E3 Digital event. June 10th 9amPST/midday EST/5PM BST

Possibly. It is a retro designed puzzle:

But it could also be stealth announcing megaman 11 as wiiu/3ds exclusive (if I'm being positive here). Not that 10 was that great, but the thought is there.