Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Trump minus th money
    IGN: xparasite9
    Server: Windia
    Level: 250
    Job: I/L Archmage
    Guild: Aerial
    Alliance: N/A

Default Re: Bonus Party Exp Patch (41level+ Gap)

I've been decrying it long before it got removed. And I doubt that the majority of any other people who hold the same opinion suddenly gained it after this patch.

2. Default Re: Bonus Party Exp Patch (41level+ Gap)

=huge grin= I am only 95% sure myself, which is why I didn't say anything that indicates I was sure. It's better to act like you don't know than to be plain wrong.

3. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

my memory's quite foggy, but didn't fangblade get to number 1 AFTER 2xcards were introduced?

4. Default Re: Bonus Party Exp Patch (41level+ Gap)

Way after. Unless we're talking about the 4 hour ones.

5. Default Re: Bonus Party Exp Patch (41level+ Gap)

Glad it's gone, good riddance! Too many people taking up HoH maps during 2x just to solo and lumis ks'ing for a map to solo if there weren't any.

6. Default Re: Bonus Party Exp Patch (41level+ Gap)

It was never a glitch, it works fine in KMS & EMS, idk about MSEA and other versions.

The main reason why GMS got adjusted, is simply because of HoH. HoH is too easy to grind at, theres only 2 platforms that very close & some jobs can even hit both at the same time. While this also being 50% bonus exp per member, it gives a stupid amount when you stack 5 leechers.
    However, other versions only have Armory 2 (up until You & I patch), which only gives 20% bonus exp per member. Obviously EMS can pull this off with our future perion being party play aswell (bugged atm tho) so we can end up getting 100% bonus exp from 135k exp mobs. But you also have to remember thats too hard to pull off and you need 231 before you can start using it.

So yes this was direct nerf to the party exp only because of HoH.

7. Default Re: Bonus Party Exp Patch (41level+ Gap)

I agree. People calling it a glitch for whatever reason, but it seemed more of an unintended side effect, if anything. I do agree HoH is too easy to grind at, though. It's really annoying that people just leech there all day and get high leveled from doing absolutely nothing.

8. Default Re: Bonus Party Exp Patch (41level+ Gap)

A nerf that, again, only applies to those people who are so far ahead of every one else by more than 41 levels or below the average high level players by 41 levels.

9. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Not a glitch, just an oversight. Certainly was unintended. I mean, can you imagine the scene?

Dev 1: I think it's disgusting that people use their level 200 bishops to HS and leech a new char from 1-120 for the link skill. There has got to be a way to force them to actually play the new classes.
    Dev 2: How about we make it so if there's more than, oh, I don't know, 40 level gap in the party, only the killer gets exp?
    Dev 1: Sounds good to me. But do make sure that the other members, though not leeching, still give party bonus exp. Because reasons.

Yeah, I don't think the part in italics ever got uttered. Pretty sure they just didn't think of that aspect at all.
    And it didn't get fixed in KMS even after it was discovered, because the effect is not that big.
    In GMS the effect is absurd, though, so they had to patch it.
    I wouldn't be surprised if it gets patched in KMS, too, now, and all other versions. (Are we sure KMS hasn't had it patched recently?)

10. Lead Ball
    IGN: Watt
    Server: 루na
    Level: 240
    Job: Hero
    Guild: 깜찍
    Alliance: 깜찍qkff
    Farm: 에디

They aren't going to patch it,anytime soon ever.
    Besides that training is nearly impossible without it post level 90...seriously not even joking right now.
    It's just a pineappleing hell to train atm in kms.
    It almost feels like they encourage you to do this in kms
    @ShinkuDragon; we don't even have HoH (didn't feel like reposting)

11. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

this, this was the reason why i didn't like it. if memory doesn't fail tiger was still first when 2x cards came out. and then fang just breezed through.
    well, then ignoring HoH, it's pretty much the same here, 210+ just gets retarded.

12. Default Re: Bonus Party Exp Patch (41level+ Gap)

210-220 is still reasonable (pre-bb ~5%/hr rates ish). 220+ is tough, arguably ridiculous at 230 instead of 220. 240+ is just.... yeah

13. Default Re: Bonus Party Exp Patch (41level+ Gap)

That's not Bo.

14. Default Re: Bonus Party Exp Patch (41level+ Gap)

PROVE IT

15. Default Re: Bonus Party Exp Patch (41level+ Gap)

Bo prefers not to share too much information about himself. He would probably never make a youtube video with commentary.

16. Default Re: Bonus Party Exp Patch (41level+ Gap)

I'm not seeing why that's relevant The YouTube video with commentary was from ZeroByDivide.
    Question doesn't share any information about himself, his Dojo times match that of DivineMyth and he only appeared high up on the rankings after Question posted in/created several threads about other high leveled Luminous, seems pretty obvious to me.

17. Default Re: Bonus Party Exp Patch (41level+ Gap)

Someone here on Southperry (aside from the thread starter) knows exactly who he is. There was once a screenshot in one of the threads, maybe Dojo, where a certain piece of information was left uncensored in such a way that someone else figured out exactly who he was. Have fun with that though, I can't remember in which thread that occurred or the who the observer of said screenshot was, but I am confident in my recollection of those events.

Edit: Oh, there you go, one up has all the information there.

18. Default Re: Bonus Party Exp Patch (41level+ Gap)

He posted a Gollux screenshot and forgot to censor the EXP. Myself and several others looked him up on Luminous rankings, but I didn't save his IGN because I'm stupid. I know MountLag did - I PM'd him yesterday but he quit and I doubt he still comes to southperry.

Speaking of which.. wasn't divinemyth the first person to make a 15star tyrant? his mage boots iirc

19. Default Re: Bonus Party Exp Patch (41level+ Gap)

Yup, and Question has admitted to spending a huge amount of money on MapleStory in several threads in the past too...

20. Default Re: Bonus Party Exp Patch (41level+ Gap)

Both Question and DivineMyth speak with same Engrish, too. That was actually the first thing that hinted at it for me. But again, I haven't ever been able to confirm it fully, so I continue to treat the two as separate beings.