Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Default Re: Return to Masteria Content Update Spotlight

Aren't they like level 15 now?

2. Default Re: Return to Masteria Content Update Spotlight

Guys guys, the class that got hit just has massive defense!

3. Default Re: Return to Masteria Content Update Spotlight

Please, everyone knows damage taken is reliant on hands.

4. Default Re: Return to Masteria Content Update Spotlight

Well, the Wraiths in Masteria are a separate level 48 version. Still no way they'd deal 1.7k though.

5. Trump minus th money
    IGN: xparasite9
    Server: Windia
    Level: 250
    Job: I/L Archmage
    Guild: Aerial
    Alliance: N/A

Default Re: Return to Masteria Content Update Spotlight

I have no idea how the new EXP distribution thing goes, whether the 40 levels is a hard limit or not. However, using familiars would work well enough; no need for PG.

Isn't Lv90 the minimum level required for CWKPQ?

6. Default Re: Return to Masteria Content Update Spotlight

I think the best thing I heard from that video was 'new ways to get Sweetwater gear'. I am hoping it is factual and indicates that we can get SW gear from the new boat PQ.

7. Trump minus th money

I don't even know the current ways.
    Is it just random drops from the monsters on the boat? Or can it be farmed on other Commerci mobs?

8. Default Re: Return to Masteria Content Update Spotlight

^ Very rare drop from bosses on the boat. Rare meaning you can kill 10 of the bosses per day on 2x drop and not get a sweetwater drop for weeks.

9. Default Re: Return to Masteria Content Update Spotlight

Did you want Sweetwater gear? Now for only 5,000 NX you can have a small chance to get Sweetwater gear from our Return of Masteria Boxes along with other miscellaneous prizes! Including, but not limited to, Power Elixers, meso bags, and much much more!

But in all seriousness, that's probably going to happen. If they give you some other way to get it, you still need to deal like 60 billion something damage in some ridiculous time constraint in order to maybe get it.

10. Default Re: Return to Masteria Content Update Spotlight

It is, but it is not like a lvl 90 character could hit the bosses. While it might be the reason for Nexons choice, it is still mighty dumb. They had the chance to make it into something useful, but they decided they'd do basically nothing and shipping it off as some great gift.. 5 years ago it might have been called catering to the casuals, but in the Maple of today it is not even doing that. If a player have problems leveling in that range, Masteria would probably make him rage quit.

11. Default Re: Return to Masteria Content Update Spotlight

Well I wasn't really claiming Gollux and Commerci weren't good by saying that. I was just saying of content we don't have yet.

I just think The Seed PQ is a little too difficult to complete. I don't agree with having to farm stages in the PQ multiple times in order to complete the PQ a completely different time.

12. Default Re: Return to Masteria Content Update Spotlight

So tempting to go to gMS and play beast tamer and enjoy the old masteria. I'll be keeping my eye on this.

13. Trump minus th money

Am I wrong in assuming that Lv90 is just the minimum required level to start the very first quests? Surely the only ~Lv90 mobs would be things like the Wraiths and the Phantom Trees and the Leprechauns, right?

14. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

I wasn't twisting your words and saying gollux and commerci were bad because the seed is good. They were examples used to illustrate the point that you cannot expect anything that comes out of KMS to be "good" content if it's meant for "high level" players, because they are both systems that are rewarding to everyone of a high level and they did not come out of KMS.

Nexon had this model for making content a while ago that was sort of an address of power creep but also part of their design. They would make things either slightly or overwhelmingly beyond the capabilities of characters at the time, unless you were the "flavor of the month" class that always is conveniently built for these "impossible high level contents", and it becomes a lot more accessible as power creep sets in. It happened with pre-BB pre-potential pink bean, post-unleashed dojo, empress, magnus, and it's going to happen with the SEED too. I think it's one of the worst ways to design content and it doesn't look like the SEED is going to be any different, and is therefore "bad".

15. Default Re: Return to Masteria Content Update Spotlight

Not unlikely, but that would probably mean that the final quests will still end long before the levels that actually need content. I doubt bigfoot will be lvl 180+ and do 50k touch damage.

16. Default Re: Return to Masteria Content Update Spotlight

I was kind of excited for this update but it has worn off me now even though I will sit afk in old NLC though as I always did back in the day
    Last edited by Christian; 2014-02-11 at 07:00 PM.

17. Default Re: Return to Masteria Content Update Spotlight

Don't know if anyone needs it but here's the Crimsonwood map I made back in the day.
    If you want to map the place yourself it's a spoiler

Shortest routes are probably different now that 90% of classes have FJ and 30% have big upward jumps.

18. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

I think some maps have been changed.
    Dead Man's Gorge is just a flat map with a single entry and exit portal (to Bent Tree). Or does that change after you've done their quests?

19. Default Re: Return to Masteria Content Update Spotlight

Don't know, haven't patched yet. Sounds like maybe they kept the new Dead Man's Gorge.

If Inkscape can open Adobe Illustrator files then I'll change it when I know what the differences are; I made it when I was an undergrad and had access to the whole Adobe Creative Suite.

20. Default Re: Return to Masteria Content Update Spotlight

It doesn't change. They also blocked off the maps with the endlessly spawning HH and BF awww