Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Xenon
    Guild: Dojo
    Alliance: Calamity
    Farm: HappyPlaces
    canada

Default Is Free Market 1 good anymore?

I'm sure most of us know about the Maple Fm site. So I'm wondering if FM1 would still be a good place to set up.
    Personally for me, I would sell more items in higher FM spots compared to FM 1.

Is it overrated or very useful?

2. Default Re: Is Free Market 1 good anymore?

Not everyone uses that site or even knows about it for that matter. I can often sell Empress items for 10-20m more than other people in the same room just by having a door spot. A lot of people are either too ignorant or too lazy to know/look up prices, so that's mainly why I find better spots to still be viable. I tend to go for FM2 myself since there's less competition for spots (and my computer isn't fast enough to get FM1 door spots) but this should still apply.

3. Neutron Straight Male
    IGN: LegitLance
    Server: Renegades
    Level: 228
    Job: Dark Knight
    Guild: Solitude
    Alliance: FISH
    usa

Default Re: Is Free Market 1 good anymore?

Depends on the server, but overall yes, in Renegades we go up to MAYBE FM 4-5. If anyone is going to check FM, they would most likely check them all... but there are those who don't. And not everyone knows about that site.

4. Default Re: Is Free Market 1 good anymore?

All the cool people use FM2 in bellocan now. A few months back a bunch of hackers took over FM1 doorspots and idk the state of it now, don't even bother going there anymore.

For example, after the sc today, fm2 filled up the bottom two rows of stores before all the door (and close to door) spots did in FM1.

5. Default Re: Is Free Market 1 good anymore?

FM 1 sucks in scania.
    Hackers keep lagging the fm so no1 can enter it.

IMO: FM 7>4>5>2>3>13>1

From best selling to worst.

6. Default Re: Is Free Market 1 good anymore?

on windia, every fm room is pretty much full up, all the time, except for the perion ones for some odd reason.

7. Default Re: Is Free Market 1 good anymore?

Lol, thats like the directly opposite in EMS Kradia.

For me its 1 > 13 > 2 > 3 > 4 > 5 > 7, nvm about fm6, its almost never full.

8. Default Re: Is Free Market 1 good anymore?

So what does http://maple.fm/ do? Does it replace the functionality of the Owl of Minerva? I wonder how Nexon would feel about that...

I don't have time to look over the site right now, but it sounds awesome. If it saves me the trouble of searching all 20 FM rooms whenever I need something, I'll definitely be bookmarking it and spreading the word around.

9. Default Re: Is Free Market 1 good anymore?

That service uses bots to go through stores, along with costing Nexon money but hey as long as people can benefit aye?

10. Nuclear testing facility Straight Male
    IGN: VerrKol
    Server: Zenith
    Level: 204
    Job: Bowmaster
    Guild: LegacyReborn
    Farm: Kolville
    usa

MapleFM just compiles a list of items in the FM by running bots through every room in every server. Nexon obviously frowns on bots so...

11. Default Re: Is Free Market 1 good anymore?

Maple FM lets you search for perm nx clothes when Owl can't.

12. Default Re: Is Free Market 1 good anymore?

How did the topic became "Is maple.fm morally right or wrong? v2"?

13. Default Re: Is Free Market 1 good anymore?

For real. I mean, I didn't even know what it was or that bots were involved at all. I just thought it was neat that I was able to open it up in five seconds after hearing about it and see a list of FM items pop up.

I expect a fair amount of downvotes on previous now, but its whatever.

14. Donator Straight Female
    IGN: icephoenix21
    Server: Scania
    Level: 212
    Job: Bishop
    Guild: DremithCross
    Alliance: Evolution
    Farm: IcePhoenix
    canada

As if Nexon isn't making enough money, though.

15. Default Re: Is Free Market 1 good anymore?

Just 3 posts above you someone asks what maple.fm does, replies above answer that.
    No one is arguing morals.

16. Polar Bear Gay Male
    IGN: danielcatu
    Server: yellonde
    Level: 121
    Job: Wind Archer
    Guild: Vendetta
    Farm: 765pro
    chile

I like to avoid FM1... always I see just expensive items I can't afford

17. Default Re: Is Free Market 1 good anymore?

People have always tended toward the Nath FMs rather the Perion ones. I've never really wondered why, though. I just figured it was aesthetics, but it could also be the layout of the rooms, which is the only major difference, I suppose, as all the other rooms have essentially the same layout.

18. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Not on the surface, no.

I thought it was because perion is the only room you can't really see the top row from the bottom and vice versa.

19. Default Re: Is Free Market 1 good anymore?

But I thought you could click all over Perion map's stores from the door, while the others you have to walk around.
    I remember I never liked Ludi maps because of that.

20. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

I never liked ludi maps for that either, especially in the days of no fj no mounts 140% speed. I always rationalized it like this:

1-6 always have traffic because they're the lowest in number.
    ludi has the leftovers of people who couldn't get into 1-6, with 7,8,9 having either full rooms, half full/empty rooms, or few shops in the room, and 10,11,12 being deserted.
    perion has the people who didn't get to or like early ludi rooms
    nath has everyone who is too awesome for any other area, or went there not wanting to deal with having to find a spot.