Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. Default Sonic Boom + The New Sonic Cast?

Spoiler

This will debut in the upcoming Sonic game, Sonic Boom (wonder when will they use that title eventually.)
    http://mynintendonews.com/2014/02/06...o-3ds-trailer/

2. Default Re: Sonic Boom + The New Sonic Cast?

Ugh, was just coming to post this.

It looks kinda like it's going to be sonic heroes 2/sonic adventure 3 type of game and after the much more refine gameplay of colours/generations, well...*vomit*

I already bought one terrible sonic game on wii u, as the saying goes, fool me once...

Also.

3. Default Re: Sonic Boom + The New Sonic Cast?

Now I'm laughing sadly. If this is what the main cast will look like, what the hell will Eggman, Shadow and Rouge will look like? Shadow, I can imagine the only way to change him is more excess wrapping. Rouge, how many of you wanna bet they're gonna reduce her bust size?

4. I post a lot Bi Male
    IGN: ZesseiBijin
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Kanna
    Guild: NEST
    Farm: Razmosia
    uk

Default Re: Sonic Boom + The New Sonic Cast?

I guess it's like Tetsuya Nomura who REALLY likes zips and has them on everything (including a hat). Whoever that character designer is, they really like bandages/wrappings.

Tails looks very fitting. His old look never really captured the character or his skillset.
    Amy's design is pretty good, though she looks strangely overdressed compared to the other characters (which is odd considering she's a female character).
    Sonic looks... older, but his design is seriously lacking in detail, and his in-game model has a weird looking face.
    Knuckles looks terrible for the reasons you said. Funnily enough, the dressings on his fists actually sense, but his overall design is just badly done.

Also what the HELL was that dubstep in the trailer. Really? is the norm now?

5. Default Re: Sonic Boom + The New Sonic Cast?

All the more reasons why I don't trust these new games. I hate dubstep.

My bet with Amy is that they may be trying to reduce some skin, likely to get back with all the Sonic '34 artists. If that continues happening, this should be fun to watch.

6. Default Re: Sonic Boom + The New Sonic Cast?

I used to enjoy it before it was everywhere. Now I just despise it.

7. Default Re: Sonic Boom + The New Sonic Cast?

It hurts my ears.

8. Default Re: Sonic Boom + The New Sonic Cast?

Apparently a sega staff member has said on a facebook comment that these designs are only for this game, and won't be appearing in mainline games?

9. Default Re: Sonic Boom + The New Sonic Cast?

This is going to be so bad...

10. I post a lot Bi Male
    IGN: ZesseiBijin
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Kanna
    Guild: NEST
    Farm: Razmosia
    uk

Spoiler

11. Default Re: Sonic Boom + The New Sonic Cast?

Oh, so basically "Welp, we pineappleed up again, time to drop this like we dropped the sonic 06 reboot designs immediately after the game".

12. Default Re: Sonic Boom + The New Sonic Cast?

As a side-note, take everything from TSSZ with a grain of salt: They're generally shamed by the Sonic community as untrustworthy and occasionally downright hilarious, as they tend to pull questionable sources out of thin air and report on sketchy rumors from time to time.

The Sonic Dimensions escapade essentially destroyed their reputation, from what I hear.

13. Default Re: Sonic Boom + The New Sonic Cast?

Why does Sonic's running look so...weird?

14. Default Re: Sonic Boom + The New Sonic Cast?

Because this.

15. I've got no strings Straight Male
    IGN: Ryukiro
    Server: Scania
    Level: 183
    Job: Night Lord
    Guild: Vigilante
    Alliance: Lore
    North_Carolina

GOTTA STRIDE FAST!

16. Default Re: Sonic Boom + The New Sonic Cast?

i think it looks pretty cool. Looks more of an adventurey platformer which is what i like to play and you got more than sonic.
    Sonic and Knuckles designs are kinda eh but ill get used to it..

Also the trailer for the TV show is more cringey than funny :(

17. Default Re: Sonic Boom + The New Sonic Cast?

I thought the silhouettes looked bad enough but those designs I only have one word. Ew.

I can totally forgive them though if the gameplay is good. That's the only thing Sonic needs a good game. Since both games are being developed by someone else then we may actually get one for a change.

18. Default Re: Sonic Boom + The New Sonic Cast?

I don't understand why everyone is doing series reboots. It's getting ridiculous. Either start a new series or just keep going, but restarting all the damn time is just disappointing 99.9% of the time (at least in my opinion). Retcon a few things story wise if you don't like it, but resetting everything is just stupid. Mind as well just start a new franchise because later down the road they'll likely regret it and they'll be screwed.

That new Knuckles looks so damn awful, and there's something about the new Sonic that just annoys me, and it's not the ever-growing legs. Amy and Tails look fine, though.

19. Default Re: Sonic Boom + The New Sonic Cast?

Knuckles is just ruined. He looks so dumb. And Sonic looks so.. lanky.
    Other then those two flaws it looks amazing.