Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Default Re: The Elder Scrolls: Online (TESO)

Yeah right after I posted that, it jumped to 38%. Currently it's 81% so hopefully it should be done by tonight. :)

2. Default Re: The Elder Scrolls: Online (TESO)

Honestly I just...haven't been interested in it. I enjoy the games but never have to the extent that I devote hundreds of hours to them. Having lag from playing in Korea is also a pretty big deterrent for me in games. Above all else, though, I'm waiting for another game with a feel similar to Maple or DFO. The existing games that have similarities just didn't feel right for one reason or another.

3. Default Re: The Elder Scrolls: Online (TESO)

Thank you for this thread. Reminded me that I got a beta key 2 days ago and forgot to sign up.

Not expecting anything, as I haven't looked into the game much. We'll see what happens, maybe I'll be impressed.

4. Default Re: The Elder Scrolls: Online (TESO)

My opinions after the closed beta so far and released information related to the overall plot and lore:

5. Default Re: The Elder Scrolls: Online (TESO)

And now I expect utter failure...

Hey I guess it's better than being utterly disappointed.

6. Default Re: The Elder Scrolls: Online (TESO)

.I think people are already getting on, about to check in a min.

edit: Looks like it's up an hour early

7. Default Re: The Elder Scrolls: Online (TESO)

I still haven't been able to get in. My client promptly told me it had only 219 out of 5459 blocks pass validation and is essentially redownloading itself one block at a time.

8. Default Re: The Elder Scrolls: Online (TESO)

>Wake up, ready to play some ESO before work
    >Maintenance
    >Go take a shower
    >Come back
    >30 minute login queue
    >I have to leave in 30 minutes

This game... Its schedules for its betas don't seem to want me to play. It ALWAYS schedules its test periods when I have all three days of the weekend at work. I haven't been able to touch it since it started in November. >_>

9. Monster Truck Tire Straight Male
    IGN: Triggernometry
    Server: Supports
    Job: TeamSecret
    Guild: BigDaddy<3

Default Re: The Elder Scrolls: Online (TESO)

PikaChew
    Just made it.

10. Default Re: The Elder Scrolls: Online (TESO)

I sure do love loading screens...

From what little I've played it's okay. I don't have much experience with MMOs but I can safely say ESO is better than Maple. :p The character appearance customization was a bit disappointing, but it's only the Beta so I won't worry about that just yet.

11. Default Re: The Elder Scrolls: Online (TESO)

I'm 3 hours into downloading the game and I am only 72% with 4 GB to go.

12. Default Re: The Elder Scrolls: Online (TESO)

just finished re-downloading it after the shut me down at 50%. Apparently the servers are under maintenance, Q_Q, RIP dreams for now

13. Default Re: The Elder Scrolls: Online (TESO)

Interesting gameplay footage and review from AngryJoe.

14. Default Re: The Elder Scrolls: Online (TESO)

Was trying to play today....didn't work out well.

Firstly, the intro cutscene was laggy as hell. Afterwards, the game promptly....failed to work. I made my character, but then afterwards all attempts to log in ended with a "Failed To Transfer" error, whatever that means (I assume Login Server -> Game Server?). Gave up for tonight, my friend said he had 30+ minute waiting queues anyway.

15. Default Re: The Elder Scrolls: Online (TESO)

I have yet to get in. I have a 3 MB log of it trying to repair itself over and over.
    I finally uninstalled and am trying a reinstall from scratch.

16. Default Re: The Elder Scrolls: Online (TESO)

I got home and took a cat nap. I'm launching now. Find me ingame if you want, I should be either Zelkova or ImZelkova orsomething like dat.

17. Default Re: The Elder Scrolls: Online (TESO)

Got to level 5 and left the beginning island (without all the quests done, too many!). Leveled mostly mage skills and tried the bow a bit. Mage feels quite underwhelming to me so far while my friend who runs dual wield one hits everything in half a second.

18. Default Re: The Elder Scrolls: Online (TESO)

Man, I'm envying you people now.

19. Default Re: The Elder Scrolls: Online (TESO)

CriteriaStars
    Character creation★★★★★
    Graphics (On Ultra)★★★★
    Tutorial★★★★★
    Fire Staff★★★★
    Bow★★
    Beginners Quests ★★★
    My Attention Span★★★★★

Game has some work that needs to be done. It's still Beta so I'll let it slide. Did anyone else find John Cleese ingame?

20. Default Re: The Elder Scrolls: Online (TESO)

Finally got online a few hours ago...I'm not impressed at all. My big grievances:

- The game's tutorial was pretty bad. If nothing else, they should have let you try several weapons before you get stuck with your starting one.

- Destruction Staff seems pretty downright sh'itty. The first spell I got does less damage than my basic attack and costs half of my mana. The charging is a pretty bleh mechanic. Overall I hate it.

- The party system is just terrible. I understand the need for instances, but why can't I see my party members in towns? Why am I not forced into their instance when I change maps? When I try to switch to their instance, why can't I be in the same location? I get the auto-move putting you at a shrine or whatever, but if I'm switching instances to join my party (through the specific menu button), why do I have to re-walk to them? That's silly.

- The quest marker system seems to be just awful. I was required to talk to "people in town", but no one has anything to say to me. There is no quest marker, until I get literally on top of the NPC that is required to continue. If I'm going to have to wander aimlessly through "the park", so to speak, then at least have the citizens of it have something useful to say. It's pretty awful to have to talk to 20 NPCs and have them all go, "Hello." Oh thanks, thanks for being useless. Just give me the location of the NPC, if I wanted the Local Lore I don't need a quest for that.

Overall it feels like a generic MMO with TES leveling mechanics. I might play more tomorrow or something but my overall interest is currently rock bottom.

The game is supposed to be released in a month. Unless the developers are miracle workers I expect this to be another MMO with huge problems on release.